Jbl, LSR2328p for LCR
cocamycola89
10th February 2013
Old 10th February 2013
Gear nut

Jbl, LSR2328p for LCR

Hey Slutz,

Can anyone attest to the Jbl LSR2328p´s for post (for the LCR)? The newly established post production facility who just hired me has had these on their wish list for a while... I have no personal experience with these but the specs where impressive.

On a related note they want to put a pair of LRS2325sp´s up for the surrounds and a single LRS2310sp for the LFE.

Thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated! ;-)
10th February 2013
Old 10th February 2013
Gear Guru

I have the older versions with the carbon fibre fronts - LSR28P's. Love em. Use em in 5.1 all the time. I mix music primarily, but I HAVE mixed films on these, (IMAX and a couple small features) and they translated wonderfully.
10th February 2013
Old 10th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
I have the older versions with the carbon fibre fronts - LSR28P's. Love em. Use em in 5.1 all the time. I mix music primarily, but I HAVE mixed films on these, (IMAX and a couple small features) and they translated wonderfully.
Just for the record. The LSR28P are related to the 6328P. The 2328P that the OP mentioned are totally different speakers that cost about one forth of the 28P/6328P.

They have very little in common apart from being manufactured by JBL.
10th February 2013
Old 10th February 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post
Just for the record. The LSR28P are related to the 6328P. The 2328P that the OP mentioned are totally different speakers that cost about one forth of the 28P/6328P.

They have very little in common apart from being manufactured by JBL.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I can never keep their numbers straight....
10th February 2013
Old 10th February 2013
Gear addict
We've got 2325's, 4328's and the 2310s

Love them all.

I'd thought we could use the 28's for L & R and 25's for C and Surrounds if we wanted to mix in surround.

I think I'd really like 5 boxes all the same though if I were planning a surround system out.

I'd not hesitate to use LSR's, 6325's if you can afford them, otherwise 43 or 23 series. I think they sound great and are good value for money
10th February 2013
Old 10th February 2013
Lives for gear

I would recommend keeping the fronts all the same. A lot happens in the center channel and I would want to to have as much power as the L/R.
14th February 2013
Old 14th February 2013
Lives for gear

I'm in the middle of mixing my first 5.1 film score, using LSR2328's as LCR with a 2310 sub and 2315 Ls Rs. I think they are great for the price, and work extremely well in my 25m2 size control room. I've only used them for a couple of weeks, so it remains to see (or hear) how well they translate to the real world, which is mostly what matters :-). My experience with other 5.1 systems are rather limited, so please take it FWIW.

I too have used LSR28P's the past, I absolutely love these monitors, even though I retired them for Adam S3A-X. The LSR2328 reminds me of the LSR28P, in fact I bought the 2328 setup based on what I knew about the LRS28P. The LSR2328 has a bit less low end and a more open mid range than the LSR28P. The low end is not a problem with the LSR2310 sub.

I would have loved to have a complete LSR28P 5.1 setup. Anyone selling ? :-).

BTW, this is my first post in the Post Production Forum here on GS. I've spent a lot of time reading this forum, books and listening to 5.1 mixes the last months, and would just like to say thank you to all who contributes to this forum. I've learned a lot from you so far, hope I can eventually contribute something back. I'm coming from the 2-channel music mix world, but seeing more and more work in post and 5.1. I find this a fascinating, exiting and challenging world :-).

Stein Tore
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search