cool spotting app for taking notes and capturing timecode
31st January 2013
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

I use pen and legal pad and over the years have developed an extremely efficient shorthand system that lets me take notes with just a few chicken scratches. That allows me to write notes very quickly, and often without taking my eyes off the screen or losing eye contact with the client except for a split second to check where the note is being written. I can even take them in a dark room. Of course no one else can understand my notes, but I generally type them out afterwards when the client is gone.
31st January 2013
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

I use shorthand notes to, but I still struggle with writing the time down, I just use mm-ss but in the dark it still gets hard to both read and write...

I do like the concept though.

And it's given me a few ideas of my own...
mintmix
31st January 2013
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Head

I've been following this thread since I started it and appreciate hearing everyone's opinions. Lot's of great constructive ideas have been contributed here. I have gained insight into how others deal with collaboration when perfecting our projects. I realize more now than ever just how diverse our teams can get when working together to build a system to communicate and disperse the ideas we are attempting to auralize on screen.

I have been most surprised by how many die hard pen and paper users there are! It's interesting to me because as sound folk, we surround ourselves with advancing technological tools to master the complexities of audio. To shape it into something better, more organized and polished. I have always found the note taking process to be clunky with a lot of thoughts and ideas slipping through the cracks. I find the execution of those notes to move very slow when disorganization is allowed to fester during a review. Reaching for pen and paper seems counterintuitive when there are more robust tools out there to capture and share our thoughts.

I found just simply by moving from pen and paper to the computer allowed me to move faster and allowed me to get more information into a note. Plus people that need to can read and share my notes with others. Perhaps I should be evangelizing this as opposed to the app :P

On one of the shows I work on, our AP has to collate 2-3 producers notes and 2 sound supervisors into an excel doc after each playback. This can often add up to another hour to his already insane workload.

When it comes to everything we hope to achieve through sound on a show, I'm afraid that paper and pencil wouldn't cut it anymore. We just simply move too fast and need to get through so much. OT can be great if you can get it but not so much when you have a family waiting for you at home. With a 2 man mix team, the mixers have a copy of everyone's notes collated and can see the notes that only apply to them. They can then work on their respective notes simultaneously while the supervisors prep editorial fixes also mapped out categorically.

I feel like this app gives me a much needed control over my workflow, how I use the note taking process to collaborate with others and translates to more free time. Just the fact that I no longer have to go back and type out what I wrote down on paper is a huge leap forward.

I think with tablets and other gizmos of the like becoming a bigger part of our lives, it's only a matter of time before pen and paper will be forced to get smarter or get out. Maybe the next step for the app would be to interface with something like this:

Livescribe :: Never Miss A Word
31st January 2013
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

So I spent some time looking at Spotting notes and also trying to find alternatives to spotting notes.
There aren't that many, but they are not alone...

Spotting Session
https://spottingsession.com/
Spotting Session, as far as I can understand, only supports PT and MC. So no go with FCP, FCPX or Nuendo. I use Nuendo most of the time and would like it to work with it. I will actually try it tomorrow morning to see if it can read Network MTC regardless of what is creating it. Also it requires 10.7+ and I still run 10.6.8 in our Mix room.
Spotting session buttons seems to be defined bythem and them alone and the entry system is a bit cumbersome. I feel that I need to type in my entries to get the notes understandable after he session. It also has a max of nine buttons that are iphone sizd in the ipad app. Pretty bad usage of screen space.I want to be able to make the notes I need using the words and combinations I want. And as far as I can tell I can't do that with Spotting Session. Only Spotting Session has a built in multiple user functionality. No color coding of the buttons.
30USD for a single user license that only supports PT
450USD! for a multiple user version supporting PT and MC.

Alternatives?
Not Many with the same functionality to be honest but there are these:

Cut Notes
Cut Notes - Timecode Notes on an iPad - Post Production iPad App
According to the manual it only supports FCP and Adobe premiere, but it looks like it uses either mackie control or just standard MTC over a network so it should work with other hosts as well. When setup via mackie control you CAN have play pause functionality directly from the app (there is a pref to hide this function if you DON'T want it to).
Cut notes is limited to 12 keys per page and cant create multiple entry notes pressing multiple buttons in a sequence (OTOH only Field notes below can do that, but I seriously like that). No color coding of the buttons.

Timestamped Field Notes
Timestamped Field Notes
To start with, it does NOT have timecode sync! Nope! Not at this time.
It only deals with time of day.
Usless then? No as its entry system is several times better than any of the above. But using it requieres a bit more interaction from the user at this time.
Exporting the notes does not export timecode position, only hh:mm:ss, so some extra handling in excel or a advanced text editor is needed. Then it can be used with Nuendo directly or imported as a EDL in other applications.
So,yes its way more limited in studio-functionality and forces the user to do more to get a usable result. For example I use a few special buttons to define 2pop or FFOA time, and a restart button, and I can add a descriptive text to define where that was. Yes it IS very limited in that regard!
But I really love the note handling workflow!
If you define your own buttons thoughtfully you can be seriously fast using Field Notes. Im already faster than with pen and pad, and to me the extra work is worth it. It has a simple group system making a simple color coding of the buttons it could be developed further still..
I have emailed with the developer and he is interested but he has never had to deal with midi on iOS so we'll see if anything happens. I do hope so.
31st January 2013
Old 31st January 2013
Gear addict

Pen and paper for me or/and markers with notes. $30-$50 seems WAY more reasonable. Ill try the trial for 90 days.
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
Gear nut

Pen and paper might work for lot of people. But I find not having to write the time code for each note very convenient.

Also for someone like me that doesn't write very well, it provides me with a very clean solution. I just do my spotting list, hit done, than this nice little app
ask you to enter an email address and attach 4 different files to the email:

1-The Pro-Tools marker session
2-A very clean PDF of all notes with TC
3-A text file
4-A CSV file

I also like the fact that you can stop PT and the last time code is still feeding the iphone so you can take the time to enter your notes. Very convenient for someone that isn't very fast at typing.

Here are some improvements I would like to see, perhaps some are already available:

1-It would be good to be able to delete spotting sessions from the server or note from any source (iphone,ipad), and not only from the server.

2-When custom label button will be available, It would be great to be able to save and load usersets.

For example, sometime I would prefer to use a simple userset with "volume up" and "volume down" buttons. This would be great for live situation when I need to keep maximum attention on the movie. No "submit" button needed. pressing the "volume up" and "volume down" button would drop a note at the correct TC. Another time, I might need a more sophisticated userset with more sub categories.

3-Being able to assign a transport control to some selected users from the server.

I know there are already a few apps to control the transport of PT but it makes no sense to work with 2 app at the same time... Many folks like to sit in the producer chair and take notes from that position. and many , including me, are a little "slow mo" when writing on an iphone.
So having access to PT transport would be of great help in the workflow. The transport features could be save in the usersets. Some userset may consist of a simple pause/play button, another would add full rewind, fast forward access...

I like this app and at $30, it is a no brainer.
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
Gear interested

Serge-

Thanks for the feedback!

To address your points:

1) You can delete notes from the iOS app by swiping either left or right over a marker, and a delete button will appear. This feature is also forthcoming in web spotting in our release next week. I'll update this thread when we've got it out.

2) Great idea on the usersets (by which I understand you want to be able to have multiple default button sets you can choose from). The ability to define custom buttons is coming out by the end of next week. From there we will incrementally add improvements, and this seems like a great thing to include.

3) Agree that it makes sense to be able control Pro Tools transport from within the app. I've talked to our development team about this and it seems it's something that we can work in!

http://spottingsession.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
Pen and paper might work for lot of people. But I find not having to write the time code for each note very convenient.

Also for someone like me that doesn't write very well, it provides me with a very clean solution. I just do my spotting list, hit done, than this nice little app
ask you to enter an email address and attach 4 different files to the email:

1-The Pro-Tools marker session
2-A very clean PDF of all notes with TC
3-A text file
4-A CSV file

I also like the fact that you can stop PT and the last time code is still feeding the iphone so you can take the time to enter your notes. Very convenient for someone that isn't very fast at typing.

Here are some improvements I would like to see, perhaps some are already available:

1-It would be good to be able to delete spotting sessions from the server or note from any source (iphone,ipad), and not only from the server.

2-When custom label button will be available, It would be great to be able to save and load usersets.

For example, sometime I would prefer to use a simple userset with "volume up" and "volume down" buttons. This would be great for live situation when I need to keep maximum attention on the movie. No "submit" button needed. pressing the "volume up" and "volume down" button would drop a note at the correct TC. Another time, I might need a more sophisticated userset with more sub categories.

3-Being able to assign a transport control to some selected users from the server.

I know there are already a few apps to control the transport of PT but it makes no sense to work with 2 app at the same time... Many folks like to sit in the producer chair and take notes from that position. and many , including me, are a little "slow mo" when writing on an iphone.
So having access to PT transport would be of great help in the workflow. The transport features could be save in the usersets. Some userset may consist of a simple pause/play button, another would add full rewind, fast forward access...

I like this app and at $30, it is a no brainer.
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
Gear maniac
If the $30 version could let three users use it I'd be very interested. Usually it's director, producer, exec in the room so one user is not enough. $450 is too rich for my blood when we can get away with paper and pen without any problems. Also we have multiple mix rooms so that becomes an issue. It's a lovely idea however.
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
If the $30 version could let three users use it I'd be very interested. Usually it's director, producer, exec in the room so one user is not enough. $450 is too rich for my blood when we can get away with paper and pen without any problems. Also we have multiple mix rooms so that becomes an issue. It's a lovely idea however.
It's possible to use the same SpottingSession account on multiple computers (and thus in multiple mix rooms) so long as only 1 session is running at a time.

We're still working on the pricing plans, but it's unlikely we can offer multi-user support at the $30 price point. SpottingSession's value greatly increases as more people join a session, as it reduces the overhead that would normally be required to sustain a smoothly-running collaborative environment (e.g. all the manual and tedious bits of recording and organizing everyone's notes). It also requires a lot of continuous work and expenses on our end to support each additional user.

Here's a question we'd like to hear everyone's input on: Is it unreasonable to expect the production you work on to pay for this type of software? For example, if you're working with a director and a producer and manage to get them to understand how helpful SpottingSession can be in saving time/money, would they ever be able to apply some of their budget to paying for the full version?
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
You can delete notes from the iOS app by swiping either left or right over a marker, and a delete button will appear
It good to know. That works very well. I noticed it also works to delete unwanted spotting sessions.

Quote:
(by which I understand you want to be able to have multiple default button sets you can choose from)
You understood well.

Quote:
The ability to define custom buttons is coming out by the end of next week. From there we will incrementally add improvements, and this seems like a great thing to include.
Great news. The Custom buttons feature will be a great add.

Quote:
Agree that it makes sense to be able control Pro Tools transport from within the app. I've talked to our development team about this and it seems it's something that we can work in!
This would be amazing. It would make this great app even better!

Thanks for the quick reply.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpottingSession View Post
It's possible to use the same SpottingSession account on multiple computers (and thus in multiple mix rooms) so long as only 1 session is running at a time.

We're still working on the pricing plans, but it's unlikely we can offer multi-user support at the $30 price point. SpottingSession's value greatly increases as more people join a session, as it reduces the overhead that would normally be required to sustain a smoothly-running collaborative environment (e.g. all the manual and tedious bits of recording and organizing everyone's notes). It also requires a lot of continuous work and expenses on our end to support each additional user.

Here's a question we'd like to hear everyone's input on: Is it unreasonable to expect the production you work on to pay for this type of software? For example, if you're working with a director and a producer and manage to get them to understand how helpful SpottingSession can be in saving time/money, would they ever be able to apply some of their budget to paying for the full version?
I do think that its unlikely that clients will pay, However see a benefit just taking a look at the web demo. I can't find any documentation on the site about how the license works. I can see this become a facility wide standard but I have a hard time seeing us get 5 multiuser versions. If we had say 2 (1 for picture dept to share and 1 for sound) that could move around, I could maybe see that.

Also is there an Ipad native version? If there was and there were custom buttons, I think that it would be a buy for sure. Its when the menus get nested that I have a problem with it. It would be great to have say 10-15 buttons on the Ipad so for 85% of the notes, I'd have 1 button push. As said above, I don't really have to look down much when I use paper. Also, its easy for me to take down the more exotic notes via paper. For reference my paper notes tend to look like this:

400-DX ^
425-X ADR
643-guns^
725-X DZN
825-FO Sync
845- btr punch

Translation:
400-Raise Dialog
425-Use production
643-raise gun FX
725-Bounce the Design FX
825-Foley is outta sync
845-Recut the punch

The timecode thing is a bit of a drag. An old mixer told me that movies are in footage, TV is in timecode. Honestly, its just faster to work in footage most of the time as its less of a mouthful. It seems trivial but I think that a lot of people would have a problem with this.

Anyhow I'll sign up for the 90 day demo and check it out. I think that the guys we work with might dig it.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear interested

Great point on licensing. We do need to make that a little more clear. The desktop app only allows 1 session to be running at a time, so you'd need multiple licenses if you don't want to share data with different departments or don't want to have to schedule around each other.

As I've mentioned, custom buttons are coming soon (within a week or so!) and with that, a better iPad app. You'll be able to create as many buttons as you want to suit your workflow.

Regarding the use of timecode, how common is it really to use feet+frames? We've heard different information from different people. Are feet+frames ever used even when you're not working with film, just out of convenience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feaker View Post
I do think that its unlikely that clients will pay, However see a benefit just taking a look at the web demo. I can't find any documentation on the site about how the license works. I can see this become a facility wide standard but I have a hard time seeing us get 5 multiuser versions. If we had say 2 (1 for picture dept to share and 1 for sound) that could move around, I could maybe see that.

Also is there an Ipad native version? If there was and there were custom buttons, I think that it would be a buy for sure. Its when the menus get nested that I have a problem with it. It would be great to have say 10-15 buttons on the Ipad so for 85% of the notes, I'd have 1 button push. As said above, I don't really have to look down much when I use paper. Also, its easy for me to take down the more exotic notes via paper. For reference my paper notes tend to look like this:

400-DX ^
425-X ADR
643-guns^
725-X DZN
825-FO Sync
845- btr punch

Translation:
400-Raise Dialog
425-Use production
643-raise gun FX
725-Bounce the Design FX
825-Foley is outta sync
845-Recut the punch

The timecode thing is a bit of a drag. An old mixer told me that movies are in footage, TV is in timecode. Honestly, its just faster to work in footage most of the time as its less of a mouthful. It seems trivial but I think that a lot of people would have a problem with this.

Anyhow I'll sign up for the 90 day demo and check it out. I think that the guys we work with might dig it.
12th February 2013
Old 12th February 2013
Lives for gear

I wanted to give it a try today but upon launching the desktop app on Mac I am presented with an error 500 message.
There's a problem with the server. Hang on as we get this sorted out.

Is this normal? Do I need to open any ports on my firewall?

Edit: Hang on, it works now.
13th February 2013
Old 13th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundox View Post
I wanted to give it a try today but upon launching the desktop app on Mac I am presented with an error 500 message.
There's a problem with the server. Hang on as we get this sorted out.

Is this normal? Do I need to open any ports on my firewall?

Edit: Hang on, it works now.
We had about 4 minutes of downtime as our server restarted, and it looks like you tried accessing right during that time.

We've addressed the issue and this won't ever happen again.
13th February 2013
Old 13th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
We had about 4 minutes of downtime as our server restarted, and it looks like you tried accessing right during that time.

We've addressed the issue and this won't ever happen again.
Heh, trust me to find your server downtime.

As others may already have suggested, a customizable touch pad would be primo. For instance, I could be creating a quick and dirty one for a TV show, or a more complex one for film using my own wording and no sub categories.
One great option would be to assign gestures to some common note making abbreviations. Let's say I wanted DX to go up, I hit DX button and instead of typing, I swipe my finger up. You can come up with few useful ones.

Is it also possible for Spotting Session to tap into an existing network MIDI stream? Say, if I was to send MTC over the network to a video playback rig I can't feed Spotting Session the MTC.
13th February 2013
Old 13th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundox View Post
As others may already have suggested, a customizable touch pad would be primo. For instance, I could be creating a quick and dirty one for a TV show, or a more complex one for film using my own wording and no sub categories.
One great option would be to assign gestures to some common note making abbreviations. Let's say I wanted DX to go up, I hit DX button and instead of typing, I swipe my finger up. You can come up with few useful ones.

Is it also possible for Spotting Session to tap into an existing network MIDI stream? Say, if I was to send MTC over the network to a video playback rig I can't feed Spotting Session the MTC.
We've submitted an updated app to the App Store, and once Apple approves that we'll release the custom button functionality. It's a feature that appears to be desperately needed--I'll be sure to update this thread when it's released.

It is theoretically possible to have SpottingSession tap into a network MIDI stream, and it's mostly instrumented for that as a result of the Pro Tools integration, so I definitely think we can get that done soon!

Cool idea with the gestures - I'll pass that along to our team and see how that'll work

Thanks!
http://spottingsession.com
26th February 2013
Old 26th February 2013
Gear interested

Hi all-

I promised I'd update when we replaced the old button presets, and that's finally done. SpottingSession now allows creating/editing/deleting custom tags to suit your specific note-taking needs! Along with this update also comes a whole new iOS app with way better use of screen space on iPads, and a whole bunch of other small but important improvements to the rest of the SpottingSession platform.

To check out the latest update:
  • If you've previously downloaded the SpottingSession iOS app, make sure you upgrade. The desktop app and web spotting are automatically upgraded.
  • If you've held out on downloading because SpottingSession didn't suit your workflow, get everything you need at spottingsession.com and give it a try.

Once again, if you have any questions or feedback, email me at ron@spottingsession.com

spottingsession.com

PS - Some of you have also mentioned a need for feet+frames support, which is what we're focused on next and should have released soon.
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
Lives for gear

This is very cool, but dangerous.

Giving the client the power to request more changes fast than before on the same budget!
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by cananball View Post
This is very cool, but dangerous.

Giving the client the power to request more changes fast than before on the same budget!
Is there anything you can think of that would allay such a concern, and perhaps ultimately make it easier and less time-consuming for you? The goal we have with SpottingSession is to adapt to people's existing workflows but also make their lives easier.
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Hey everyone! Ron from SpottingSession here.

One idea we’re toying with is to have a single-user version of SpottingSession that would allow only one person at a time to connect to the app. All the other features that make SpottingSession such a timesaver would still exist. This would be offered at a much lower price, in the $30 - $50 range. Would anyone here be interested in that?
I think if you had a price for the "broadcasting" app, ie the app that captures and sends timecode from PT and MC of say $50, then let each client pay for the ability to connect, something like another $50, then it spreads the cost around.

The facility could pay the upfront on the server, so to speak, and the clients could choose whether or not to spring for the client paks. Even having the one for the supervisor would be useful.

I'd be interested in this, but I need Media Composer more often than I need Pro Tools right now, so even a single user version for Media Composer would be where my head's at.

Chris Conlee
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
I agree, Producer, Director, Exec, at a minimum. If a three person version (4 would be better, so I could participate) could be had for less than $150 I personally think that falls within the realm of comfort for most facilities and even many freelancers who want the cool factor of it.

You could stick with your premium pricing for "unlimited" clients. The big facilities (what's left of them anyway) can absorb that.

Chris
28th February 2013
Old 28th February 2013
Gear interested

We're still playing around with pricing. We'd prefer not charging for the clients (iOS & web apps), so that joining a session as someone walking in the room is a quick and seamless experience. The value the app offers increases significantly when working with more than 1 user, as it reduces a lot of the overhead normally required with collaboration.

We're discussing introducing some kind of middle tier that sounds like it would be an attractive option for some. I will of course keep everyone here updated.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conleec View Post
I think if you had a price for the "broadcasting" app, ie the app that captures and sends timecode from PT and MC of say $50, then let each client pay for the ability to connect, something like another $50, then it spreads the cost around.

The facility could pay the upfront on the server, so to speak, and the clients could choose whether or not to spring for the client paks. Even having the one for the supervisor would be useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conleec View Post
I agree, Producer, Director, Exec, at a minimum. If a three person version (4 would be better, so I could participate) could be had for less than $150 I personally think that falls within the realm of comfort for most facilities and even many freelancers who want the cool factor of it.

You could stick with your premium pricing for "unlimited" clients. The big facilities (what's left of them anyway) can absorb that.
1st March 2013
Old 1st March 2013
Lives for gear

Kind of a dumb question--but is there going to be a PC version? Our main DAWs run on a PC, I'd actually like to NOT have another device (that I have to use) besides the DAW.

Sorry--just saw the Win request thing, signed up.

philp
1st March 2013
Old 1st March 2013
Gear interested

We have an early version of SpottingSession for Windows that works with Media Composer only--Pro Tools integration is more difficult to build on Windows.

As Philp mentioned, you can request to use it at https://spottingsession.com/no_windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Kind of a dumb question--but is there going to be a PC version? Our main DAWs run on a PC, I'd actually like to NOT have another device (that I have to use) besides the DAW.

Sorry--just saw the Win request thing, signed up.

philp
spottingsession.com
ruy
1st March 2013
Old 1st March 2013
ruy
Gear maniac

Spotting sessions seem to be a luxury nowadays, so maybe it is priced accordingly.
3rd March 2013
Old 3rd March 2013
Gear nut

The new customizable tag option is great.

I really like that the "custom notes screen" is always there on the main page ready to be filled with a new note.

One little thing, It would be convenient to be able to select multiple tags to delete them in one step instead of doing it one at the time.

I would like to suggest a new "pause playback while taking notes" preference, once the transport control feature is available . The user could add tags or add custom notes without missing a second from the movie. When this preference is selected, the "submit" button would resume playback.

I have a small question. I thought the offset TC was an option to compensate for the delay of reaction between the time you see the picture and the time you start writing a comment, but It seems the offset add time instead of subtracting it. Negative value doesn't see to be an option either. I am using it the wright way?

Thanks for listening. Great update!
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintmix View Post
Hey Minister,

For me, when I'm spotting the locked cut,
Ha! Not once have I ever spotted cues to a locked cut. In fact, I have eliminated that word from my vocabulary.
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
Gear addict

Hi
What's confusing to me is if we're talking about a spotting session, which can take all day and deals with work that has yet to be done, or a playback & fixes session where people are making notes about the mix? Or both? Maybe just semantics, or a regional terminology thing?

Still a pen & paper guy myself, but my clients often make their notes on their laptops and then it's a, "I've got a note at about 112ft, anyone have something before that?" kind of deal.

Best,

Joe
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
Gear interested

We're planning on allowing users to save "templates" of tags they personally use most, so hopefully mass-deleting will not be as big an issue then.

The ability to pause playback while creating a note is also definitely something that's in the books. It is more difficult when there are multiple people in a session since one person pausing the playback would disrupt everyone else, but maybe this is something we can work out.

The timecode offset feature is meant to account for non-zero project start times. For example, if your project in Media Composer actually starts at 00:49:30:00, and you don't want to SpottingSession to stream timecode starting from 00:00:00:00, you can set that in the timecode offset field. Pro Tools streams out timecodes as they're displayed, so this feature is often not needed there.

Do you find that you need to set an offset to compensate for the delay reaction? Maybe this is something we can do on the client-side, rather than on the desktop (since people are likely to have different personal preferences).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
The new customizable tag option is great.

I really like that the "custom notes screen" is always there on the main page ready to be filled with a new note.

One little thing, It would be convenient to be able to select multiple tags to delete them in one step instead of doing it one at the time.

I would like to suggest a new "pause playback while taking notes" preference, once the transport control feature is available . The user could add tags or add custom notes without missing a second from the movie. When this preference is selected, the "submit" button would resume playback.

I have a small question. I thought the offset TC was an option to compensate for the delay of reaction between the time you see the picture and the time you start writing a comment, but It seems the offset add time instead of subtracting it. Negative value doesn't see to be an option either. I am using it the wright way?

Thanks for listening. Great update!
7th March 2013
Old 7th March 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
We're planning on allowing users to save "templates" of tags they personally use most, so hopefully mass-deleting will not be as big an issue then.
That's great!

Quote:
It is more difficult when there are multiple people in a session since one person pausing the playback would disrupt everyone else,
I agree. For spotting sessions it wouldn't be very practical unless you can choose who control playback from the server side. But it would be very convenient in the single user version for playback and fixes from the couch.

Quote:
Do you find that you need to set an offset to compensate for the delay reaction? Maybe this is something we can do on the client-side, rather than on the desktop (since people are likely to have different personal preferences)
Thanks for the clarification on the TC offset feature. It would be a nice feature
because the TC list would be a little more accurate but It's definitely something I can live without...

Thanks!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search