starcrash13
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Relab LX480

23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Funny you say 'already', since that article is from 2010..... It looks like the plugin in not surround capable, even though it internally supports two stereo-to-stereo engines.

BTW, Sean of ValhallaDSP has a new 'VintageVerb' modelled after some classic reverbs. Although it doesn't exactly say which ones, I suppose some of the algorithms are based on 480L.
ValhallaVintageVerb: $50 – ValhallaDSP

Too bad Sean isn't exploring the surround.
starcrash13
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Well, apparently this plugin has been in development for a long time and was meant to be released years ago. I think a lot of folks gave up on it and some bought the "lite" version when it came out. It was just announced that the complete version has finally been released but its not even on the website yet. However, it is available from Plugin Discounts for an intro price of $399 USD. I get the impression that the Relab guy is big on programming and getting it perfect and not so much on marketing. If this thing is what they claim, it could be great.
starcrash13
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

I was talking Valhalla Sean a while back about doing a post-specific verb. He seemed pretty into it, but I don't think it got developed. Rather than going multichannel, I was just asking for some presets inspired by some of the more popular programs within the TC6000 and Lexicon 480. Who knows, maybe he did some of that with the new vintage verb. I just bought it so I'll check it out. I make music, too, and I like a lot of vintage sounds, especially experimental stuff.
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Oh presets, now I see why precise emulation of behavior of controls is important. I've never used any of those harware reverbs, but I'd sure like to explore those popular programs.
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

I'm sticking with the UAD EMT reverbs and lexicon 224. Hopefully Lexicon will eventually release a plugin version of the 960.
starcrash13
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijel View Post
Oh presets, now I see why precise emulation of behavior of controls is important. I've never used any of those harware reverbs, but I'd sure like to explore those popular programs.
The TC VSS3 plugin has some of the same programs as the TC6k box and sounds great, but it's TDM only, the GUI is lame, and I don't know what's up with TC Electronics and if they'll continue to update their plugins.

Btw, I love Valhalla Room and for $50 it's a no-brainer. Been using it for a long time now. I installed the Vintage but I haven't fired it up yet. Now we just need Valhalla Post and make sure it includes "Backyard", ;-)
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijel View Post
Funny you say 'already', since that article is from 2010..... It looks like the plugin in not surround capable, even though it internally supports two stereo-to-stereo engines.

BTW, Sean of ValhallaDSP has a new 'VintageVerb' modelled after some classic reverbs. Although it doesn't exactly say which ones, I suppose some of the algorithms are based on 480L.
ValhallaVintageVerb: $50 – ValhallaDSP

Too bad Sean isn't exploring the surround.
I'm pretty sure that VintageVerb is based around some of the great classics, including the Lexicon stuff. I mean 'Concert Hall' preset rings a bell for sure .

Having demoed this plugin for a day or so, the sounds really reminds me of my Lexicon PCM units, which for me is just great since I work ITB more often nowadays.
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear maniac

LX480 lite is the most transparent verb Ive ever heard. Did a shoot out against all the main contenders like Valhalla, Digi/Avid, 2c Audio, Flux/IRCAM and one or two others who I can't think of right now.
Didnt try the lexi verbs as at the time they were well out of the budget, although now I'd like to test the LXP bundle and compare.
LX480 just added space, no discernable colour to the original material, whereas all the others added a variety of different timbres/colours to the resultant mix. Good/bad/desirable, they're just our paint brushes right?
I just loved the LX for that super clean sense of space - waiting to see what Exponential Audio come out with in the new year.
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Gear addict

I use the lexicon pcm bundle, most exclusive the hall and room instancies. They sound really good, and now they are affordable, since last week when they cut the price more then 50%

There are some guy around here, who works to harman for years developing those plug-ins, i write to him once and he states that are no difference at the algorithm level between the pcm native and the lex hardware. I have no regreats and they are very soft on cpu consumption. I surelly recommend the lexicon native bundle.

I think TC is missing a huge opportunity with just hardware versions of they softwares...
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcutz View Post
I think TC is missing a huge opportunity with just hardware versions of they softwares...
I agree, their powercore stuff still works and sounds great, they discontinued the product line, but still support it with new drivers. the newest one is from the 21. december 2012.

I think they don't do native system 6000 stuff, because they want to stay out of this crazy update - getting cracked - software support circle.
But what do I know ...

The Relab lx480 really is incredible.
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcrash13 View Post
Looks pretty interesting
No RTAS / AAX = No deal for PT users. Which I assume most post guys around here are running.....
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
No RTAS / AAX = No deal for PT users. Which I assume most post guys around here are running.....
Then most post guys will be missing out
starcrash13
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Deal breaker. Hopefully they'll get that figured out soon.
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcrash13 View Post
Deal breaker. Hopefully they'll get that figured out soon.
Yeah..........it only took 2-3 years to finish the final version from the lite version.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search