possible problem with Adam Sub 7
RobyM
16th December 2012
Old 16th December 2012
Gear Head

possible problem with Adam Sub 7

Hello.

This is my first post, i hope it's in the right place :-)

i calibrated my room for 79spl for surround sound 5.1 (i own 5 adam a7x). since the first day i noticed that if i pushed a bit the bass on LFE, it would rattle (distorting/buzzing), but i thought it was probably me trying to overdo the bass. But then i started playing film sound mixes from dubbing stages and DVDs and i noticed that the LFE was really louder than what i was trying to achieve and the rattling sound was almost constant.
At -20dbv with sinus wave between 40 and 85hz it sounds fine, but below that, the rattling sound is constant. is it broken or it can't handle those frequencies?
Every movie i listen to has that rattling sound when the LFE is used a bit more. i get the rattling sound from a film sound mix between 30 and 120hz with peaks of -9db at 31hz (measured with Waves Paz analyser) and it stops if i insert a hipass filter of 48db/oct at 52hz...i honestly am bit confused.

thanks for your help

Roby
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
How are you liking your Adam A7x in general for post sound?

Nicole
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

The A7 sub is not at all enough to handle proper LFE in a 5.1 setting (77-85dBC). You need a bigger better sub.
RobyM
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
The A7 sub is not at all enough to handle proper LFE in a 5.1 setting (77-85dBC). You need a bigger better sub.
yep, you are right, i just did not want to admit i got the wrong speaker...
:-)

i ordered adam sub12
that one should do

regarding adam a7x, they are alright and i checked my mixes in a pro-dubbing stage (they mixed Troy and many other Movies over there) and apart from the LFE content (now i know why) dialogue and everything else translated incredibly well... EQ-wise and level-wise. The head engineer who checked my mixes with me was impressed with what i achieved in a room not even half the size of that dub-stage...

big up for A7x...
RobyM
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Head

Update:

Adam Sub12: fantastic.... great Sub Bass, no distortions, no rattling, great volume and clarity.... I wish i got it earlier :-))
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Good to know. Thanks for the info.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search