A word on Eventide's Blackhole plugin....
Old 30th October 2012
Gear addict

A word on Eventide's Blackhole plugin....

I'm not usually one to start a thread waxing lyrical about software as everyone needs to try it for themselves but I've had a massive amount of fun with it over the last few weeks and I'm sure others would too - its been working wonders for creating scifi atmos or drones, alien creatures, its brilliant on warped engines and for sparking some new inspiration from very normal sounds (clearly you need the right show for it to work on but...). Ribbon controller is a neat idea and a freeze button is always interesting!

If you've ever used the 'effects' impulses in TL Space or like throwing stuff into GRM tools plugs to see what comes out, I think you'll like this one too.

Eventide - Blackhole
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

I just discovered this too and I concur. The basic sound of it is wonderful. I haven't even begun using the controllers but they look completely cool. This is not a "realistic" reverb, but as I check it against the new crop of verbs coming out (Valhalla Vintage, Relab LX480) I'm really digging the basic sound of Blackhole more for most things. If you're looking to put interesting spaces in your recordings and not too worried about whether they sound "real," then you should check this out. It's very musical.
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Speaking about unusual plugins, I just stumbled upon this plugin called 2CAudio Aether, looks very sound design oriented, and this demostration video is awesome!

Anyone tried to make it work for real spaces? Bathrooms and living rooms? I'm getting the demo, and they have a holyday discount too....
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijel View Post
Speaking about unusual plugins, I just stumbled upon this plugin called 2CAudio Aether, looks very sound design oriented, ...
Aether is pretty cool, but can have issues when run in Native PT as an RTAS plug in. Specifically, using it on a mono aux input causes full-scale digital noise to come out of my monitors!
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoxyMusic View Post
Aether is pretty cool, but can have issues when run in Native PT as an RTAS plug in. Specifically, using it on a mono aux input causes full-scale digital noise to come out of my monitors!
I think it only wants to be stereo. I own it and it feels nice however its stereo only and so I lean on revibe way more for my designy reverbs.
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear interested
Never have enough of reverb. I'll definitely get this Aether. Thanks Danijel.
Old 2nd January 2013
And according to the current promotion:
**Receive Blackhole Native Plug-in for FREE with Purchase of any H3000 Factory Native option. Simply add both plug-ins to your cart and enter discount code: bhgift2012 upon checkout.**

...A good deal for $350
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search