Where can I get 720/1080 video clips?
New Reply
Subscribe
Bunford
19th September 2012
Old 19th September 2012
Gear interested

Where can I get 720/1080 video clips?

Hi all. I'm new here and I'm also new to sound design. I use Cubase 6.5 and I write band demos and write orchestral film-type compositions. However, I want to branch out and into sound design too.

I'm aware of a few sites where I can download free individual samples and buy ceratin specific sample sounds etc, which is what I plan to use initially to test the water.

However, I'm just wondering what's the best way to go about getting video to design the sound for. Ideally I want relatively short pieces with no dialogue. However, willing to have some with dialogue as long as there not other audio on them (such as effects or music) that I'd have to spend ages trying to EQ out as best as I can. I really don't mind what the subject is as I just want to start trialling and erroring and finding my feet with sound design.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated as I'm having no luck so far!
19th September 2012
Old 19th September 2012
Gear nut

why don't you download quicktimes in HD from apple trailers and remove the audio to re-create the sound. Also, you can go to any video games web and download trailers
20th September 2012
Old 20th September 2012
Gear addict

Link for Apple Trailers:
iTunes Movie Trailers

Remove the sound and have fun. Get a friend in to record a new VO. Have fun!
20th September 2012
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

21st September 2012
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

22nd September 2012
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear nut

How I learned how to do Sfx, foley, and scoring is to use scenes from films I have not seen before, so I have no pre conceived notion of how things sound like, especially with scoring. Then I choose a scene, convert to QuickTime and mute the audio tracks. Then I design away and mix. Then I compare the way i edit with the actual sound from the movie. Very good leaning tool. I would do a Hollywood action, romantic comedy, documentary and a thriller, and maybe an old classic film that never had a score and see how adding music, sfx, foley adds or detracts from it.

Alternatively you could find an indie film director and score a short on spec.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search