Clip gain multiple clips at a time in PT10
cananball
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Lives for gear

Clip gain multiple clips at a time in PT10

I tried doing this with the usual modifier keys bit haven't gotten it to work yet. Anyone know about this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Gearslutz App
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cananball View Post
I tried doing this with the usual modifier keys bit haven't gotten it to work yet. Anyone know about this?

You should just be able to select multiple clips and adjust the clip gain, though you need to adjust it via the clip gain line, not the fader. You can also hold Control+Shift and use the scroll wheel to nudge clip gain up and down.

Last edited by insomaniac; 9th May 2012 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: Lion autocorrect was incorrect.
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Lives for gear

Yup - you can right click on a clip where the clip gain indicator is and choose "Show clip gain line". That will bring up the line for all clips, and then you can just select the ones you want and move it up and down just like you would move the volume automation line with the multitool.

Cheers!
-MIke
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Gear interested

Or CTRL+SHIFT UP/DOWN Arrow keys will increment gain in the steps (.5db default) selected in Setup Preferences on selected clips.
cananball
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks guys this is very helpful information. To bad you have to change from the default view to make it work.

9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Lives for gear
I too am also looking for a solution to this. Does the clip gain line, if I select that option, move every clip relative to their original clip gain position?

I adore clip gain, but I just wish there was a quick way to adjust the clip gain of multiple clips (ie, edited dialogue) without doing each clip individually.
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Gear interested

Select multiple clips, hold down CTRL+SHFT and use the UP/DOWN Arrow keys or scroll wheel to adjust gain. You can do this with the clip gain line turned on or off.
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Can this go across multiple tracks? Or is it limited to multiple clips on one track.
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedantic Sound View Post
Can this go across multiple tracks? Or is it limited to multiple clips on one track.
It goes across as many things as you can highlight

I use the ctrl/shift scroll wheel option in default view. I *never* show the little clip gain line.
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Indeed the clip gain line looks terrible. I only turn it on for a short moment when i need it and immidiately turn it off again. With a shortcut of course.
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Gear maniac

I agree that the clip gain line is clunky and it gets in the way of other editing features, but I use it all the time.

ctrl + shift + '-' turns the clip gain line on and off
ctrl + shift + '=' turns the clip gain fader on and off

-Richard

p.s. one thing I don't like about the scroll wheel method is that it fills a space in the undo queue with very .5dB step
cananball
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhumphries View Post
I agree that the clip gain line is clunky and it gets in the way of other editing features, but I use it all the time.

-Richard

p.s. one thing I don't like about the scroll wheel method is that it fills a space in the undo queue with very .5dB step

good tip thanks.

Why cant pro tools offer 99 levels of undo? Avid does.
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
yessssssss... I wish it would just save [scroll wheel start] to [scroll wheel end], not every .5.

Complaining aside. Clip gain as sped up my workflow significantly.
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Quote:
Thanks for that, I'm a hotkey junkie and these are noted.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search