Where to place Nugen VisLM in Nuendo for dialnorm readings?
Neole
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
Gear interested

Where to place Nugen VisLM in Nuendo for dialnorm readings?

I am using Dolby Media Meter 2 with nuendo for dolby dialnorm measurements. On another setup Im using Nugen VisLM-H for the same.

I have placed Dolby media meter on the master 5.1 out insert for a target dialnorm of 22 on the first setup.

What preset should I choose and where should I place Nugen VisLM and with what setting to target a dialnorm of 22 by dolby media meter standards?
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neole View Post
I am using Dolby Media Meter 2 with nuendo for dolby dialnorm measurements. On another setup Im using Nugen VisLM-H for the same.

I have placed Dolby media meter on the master 5.1 out insert for a target dialnorm of 22 on the first setup.

What preset should I choose and where should I place Nugen VisLM and with what setting to target a dialnorm of 22 by dolby media meter standards?
why would you place it anywhere other than where you place DMM2? VisLM will give a slightly different reading if you were using Dial Intelligence in DMM2, if you weren't reading would be similar and you can set a custom target of -22LUFS (same as LKFS), or use the preset for your target I.e EBU R.128 or ATSC A/85
Neole
30th March 2012
Old 30th March 2012
Gear interested

Sorry I was stupid with the question of course I would place it at the same place and thats where I have it placed. I was half asleep when I posted!

Right now I have selected the preset ITU-R BS.1770-2 on Nugen VisLM. Is this the closest to dialnorm or should I select another preset to get the reading closest to DMM2 with dial intelligence? My target spec is just 'dialnorm 22' (plus or minus 1) from the production house.
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

The measurement algo's are a little different but -2 will be the closest. I would take some similar material that you know what the LEQ-a is and play it through your nugen meter, see what it says and calculate the offset.. hit or miss.

Is the spec for leq-a or LKFS? other?
Neole
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Gear interested

Hi Jesse,
Thanks for the info.

Here is the latest specs sheet I have received. It says -

Must be mixed to a Dialogue Normalization level of -22dB (+/- 1 dB).

Audio dynamic range -
Speech :
Normal Peak (PPM) 5
Full Dynamic Range (PPM) 3-6

Audio dynamic range -
Music :
Normal Peak (PPM) 4.5
Full Dynamic Range (PPM) 2-6

PPM levels specified are -
3 : -28 dBFS
5 : -16dBFS
6 : -12dBFS

Dolby E Metadata Settings -
Dialogue Level -22dB
NOTE: Actual programme loudness (to be measured to ITU.BS-1770) must match the Dialogue Normalisation setting used.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search