Zynaptiq to introduce UNVEIL De-Reverberation & Signal Focusing Processor
New Reply
Subscribe
nkf
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
nkf
Lives for gear

Impressive plug in, very useful. But I need input/output level control. I get distortions with high level audio and have to put another plug before Unveil to level down.
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Goekdag View Post

RE: Stand-Alone: Out of curiosity: what would you like in a stand-alone that the plug-in doesn't do?
Just like a stand-alone version of iZotopeRX or Dolby Media Meter...

Kuba
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Gear Head

RE: Stand-Alone: Out of curiosity: what would you like in a stand-alone that the plug-in doesn't do?

Currently working on a bunch of videos BTW.

It would be great if the stand alone version (Mac and PC platform please) came bundled with whatever plug in platform you buy so you have the option to use either one. That's what iZotopeRX does and is very handy. As a location sound person I'm really excited about this software. Sometimes even body mics don't give you a dry enough sound in certain rooms. Your sense of humor but helpful attitude is refreshing. I enjoy your posts.
Best,
Bernie
TNM
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry you don't like our "trackballs".

Think of them as faders, not potentiometers.
actually thinking of it like that makes it much easier, cheers

still testing this on a variety of sources, it's very very good overall
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry you don't like our "trackballs".

Think of them as faders, not potentiometers. They save space as opposed to regular faders, still give you a direct visual feedback on value with the colored "corona", allow directly clicking the target value for fast operation and no awkward circular mouse/hand movements are required. They do take some getting used to, however.

RE:AAX: We'll consider notifying the world when VST/AAX become available.....

Actually, we'll be shouting that out so loud you'll want us to stop

Currently working on a bunch of videos BTW.

Best,
Denis
Be standalone! Outside of any DAW pgm, so no mucking about with inserts etc--, can be used with any system or on its own. I would not be leaving a plug this DPS hungry running live in a mix, so I'd rather have it be stand alone and bounce out to it. Just simpler for me.

phil p
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkf View Post
Impressive plug in, very useful. But I need input/output level control. I get distortions with high level audio and have to put another plug before Unveil to level down.
Request noted, good point. When removing masking effects, levels may change significantly.
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebeaudry View Post
It would be great if the stand alone version (Mac and PC platform please) came bundled with whatever plug in platform you buy so you have the option to use either one. That's what iZotopeRX does and is very handy.
Actually, RX came as stand-alone *first*, then some of the processes got broken out as plug-ins. It's easier to break out the small parts from a big product than building a big product around a single component.

Great application by the way, I use RX a LOT myself.

We currently have a simple stand-alone included that plays back a file through the plug in real-time (as of version 1.0.4). Adding writing the output to disk would definitely be an option for a future update, and if at all possible, that will also be in the initial Windows release. Beyond that....well, who knows what the future has up it's sleeve...there's more where UNVEIL and PITCHMAP came from

Quote:
As a location sound person I'm really excited about this software. Sometimes even body mics don't give you a dry enough sound in certain rooms.
Yes, for instance I've just been recording with a body-mounted DPA omni lav into a 702 in our staircase, and the amount of reverb is crazy, even when there's only like 15cm between mouth and mic. A staircase is actually a pretty tricky scenario from a DSP point of view, as you have very reflective walls directly opposing each other in close vicinity (a small, very reflective room with strong resonances), as well as a long, diffuse tail at the same time. We'll show what we can do to that in one of the aforementioned videos.

Quote:
Your sense of humor but helpful attitude is refreshing. I enjoy your posts.
Best,
Bernie
Merci!

Best,
Denis
3rd April 2012
Old 3rd April 2012
Lives for gear

TNM
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
TNM
Lives for gear

Hi, saving for this as i just blew a wad on some plugin alliance stuff today..

how long will the intro price last.. and how long does the demo last before expiring (hopefully i can save the dosh before then)
i am going to need this tool being so heavily into remixing

Lastly will you consider an intro pitch/unveil bundle price?? *grin*
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Well, I can't help you with prioritizing your purchases...

At any rate, the intro on UNVEIL lasts until June 1st. The demo doesn't expire, it will stay in the current state of not saving settings and displaying the nag-screen, and requiring a re-instantiation every 10 minutes.

Currently, there is no bundle available...

--d
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Bonjour!

Here's the first studio-produced video for UNVEIL. We show various post-pro applications, including de-reverberation of voice & location SFX, up-mixing to stereo from a mono file (I don't think Youtube allows 5.1 playback, does it?), cleaning up terribly recorded ambience/SFX (the "P.A. through canyon in Arabia" example from the Messe), reducing crowd size in a wallah, on-screen/off-screen placement and more....Enjoy!

4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly..

If I buy the AU version at the intro price, I'll get the VST/RTAS/AAX versions when they are ready at no charge?

Very tempting and this plug is impressive, I need an idea of when that might happen before I jump though.

?

You spent how much on your mac? Woah!
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Yes, VST/AAX will be a free update. We're *probably* not going to do RTAS, as that is a deprecated format.

All I can say WRT "when" is "this year". We're on the case, though, so it might well be this quarter --- but no promises whatsoever on that
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Has any thought gone into how it will map to controllers? Personally, I don't normally interface with plugins using a keyboard and mouse, everything gets spilled onto my faders.

Not exactly clear at this point how the trackballs work since I can't demo it, but.. Ideally, each axis of each wheel will be next to each other.

two examples of great controller mapping in my mind is Avid's Channel strips which pages in very neatly grouped sets of 8 related items. And Waves WNS, when flipped to the faders mimics the interface and actually behaves just like a real Cedar box.

This makes them super easy to use because you never have to really take your mind off the task to read a display or find a button.. it's all muscle memory to get the sound you're after.
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

So far, no, we haven't gone into control surface mapping considerations, we were pretty busy getting PITCHMAP and UNVEIL done in just 3 months (!!).

But haptic memory is a topic we're aware of. Which control surface do you use?
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Hi Denis, I just listened to the demo and am quite impressed. It could be a great tool in post. I'll be waiting for the VST PC version though.

Paris, France
Heavy Nuendo users

"I don't care what they're talking about, I just want a nice fat recording" Harry Caul
My blog: http://www.filmmixer.eu
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Peterson View Post
Has any thought gone into how it will map to controllers? Personally, I don't normally interface with plugins using a keyboard and mouse, everything gets spilled onto my faders.

Not exactly clear at this point how the trackballs work since I can't demo it, but.. Ideally, each axis of each wheel will be next to each other.
The trackballs are just 1-dimensional, so just 1 axis (like a fader).

I've just had a look at how parameters are mapped to my Euphonix MC Control when using Logic.

It has pages of 8 knobs, so this will be the same for any surfaces with banks of 8 faders.

Page 1: bypass, the 5 main controls in the same order as on-screen, the first two FOCUS bias sliders

Page 2: the other 8 FOCUS BIAS sliders

Page 3: Transient threshold, transient solo, I/O Difference

Actually, I think it makes perfect sense like that.
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

d-control and c24 in the field, mc control/mix at home

thank you for looking into it, that sounds good to me. looking forward to trying it out when its ready!

Also, on a side note, I recently discovered that you can access the same plugin with the mix and control but view different pages on each one.. kinda cool.
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Wow, this stuff is wicked. Depending on how CPU-hungry it is, it will, sooner or later, end up as a standard part of my dialog strip. Boom to roomy? lavs too dry? A touch here and a touch there.... BAM! Done and done!
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Peterson View Post
Also, on a side note, I recently discovered that you can access the same plugin with the mix and control but view different pages on each one.. kinda cool.
Nice, I'm considering adding a Mix, that's another plus then.
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Watching the demo, I have similar feeling, to what I had, when I saw Melodyne Direct Note Access for the 1st time... I am really impressed...

Yes, it could be a great tool for dialogs especially, but I would love to test it on a real life too-much-room production dialog.

Best,
Kuba
4th April 2012
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijel View Post
Wow, this stuff is wicked. Depending on how CPU-hungry it is, it will, sooner or later, end up as a standard part of my dialog strip. Boom to roomy? lavs too dry? A touch here and a touch there.... BAM! Done and done!
Hells yeah!

Will be trying this on badly boomed shots before I VERY eagerly throw my money at it!!!
I had a Shoot out with behringer and a Shotgun. It's hard to say who won. Humanity? The shotgun was a vintage Remington 12 gauge. It was semi-auto, not pump, if that makes any difference. The Remington had quite a bit of bass and high-end, as well as punch and kick. It blew the behringer to bits. I know many like to brag, "this unit smokes this one". But that is what happened here. There was a sort of natural reverb when firing at the Behringer and it sounded sweet to my ears.
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Gear Head

Bought Unveil a few days ago and now I'm totally spoiled!
Reducing reverb in live recordings and so far I'm stoked.
It's a little pricey but when I think about all the time I've wasted trying to do what this plugin can do in just a minute or so, I could just scream!

Seems to work equally well in Reaper 64 (osx) and Rx Advanced.

I agree that an input/output pot is needed.
It would also be nice to have numerical indicators for the slider positions without having to click on the actual slider. It's tough to click on them without changing their positions.
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

ilok is nice because if im on the road i have access to all of my stuff. Home studio people hate ilok (and some others( but its very nice if you walk into a place with 5 edit bays and dont need to think about authing and deauthing your personal studio and then switching around between the bays.
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Hey all!

I/O gain sliders and numerical read-outs are on our list

iLok....yes, I see how that can be convenient. I don't see us going that way for the time being, though. But we'll keep that in mind and re-assess that option at a later point.

Cheers!
--d
5th April 2012
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey all!

I/O gain sliders and numerical read-outs are on our list

iLok....yes, I see how that can be convenient. I don't see us going that way for the time being, though. But we'll keep that in mind and re-assess that option at a later point.

Cheers!
--d
Lots of companies are moving away from ilok towards online authorization or USB-Stick authorization. See plugin-alliance, waves and more to come..

A portable authorization would be nice be it an ilok or USB-drive.
6th April 2012
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderTow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbut View Post
It would also be nice to have numerical indicators for the slider positions without having to click on the actual slider. It's tough to click on them without changing their positions.
I would just like to add that I HATE faders or knobs that can not be set to relative control mode. Contrary to what has been stated, they are actually much SLOWER because you have to focus your attention to where you click with the pointer instead of just being able to click anywhere on the control and drag the control. Also when you have the sound nearly perfectly dialed-in you want to be able to make quick tiny relative adjustments. One bad click on a non-relative control and you can start all over again to find the setting sweet-spot.

IMO this is not a question of taste, it is a design flaw.

Also keep in mind that many in post production work with pen tablets instead of mice which makes it even harder to work precisely with non-relative controls. Please please please consider an option to make the controls work in relative mode. Don't try to be flashy or trendy. Make it functional.

Alistair

(PS: Sorry for being so blunt but IMO it has to be said).

"There's a sucker born every minute" -- P.T. Barnum
6th April 2012
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

No worries about bluntness, we value feedback, and can deal with directness. No need to get all upset though, we're cool dudes and normal communication protocols should suffice (my turn being blunt)

I've personally been working with a pen tablet for years, and have no issues using the zynaptiq plugs when doing work for my sample library company SSFX.

That being said, I do see how this could be a different thing for others. So I think an additional option to set controls to relative mode would be a good thing, and I'll discuss this with my partner.
6th April 2012
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderTow
Quote:
(my turn being blunt)

Quote:
That being said, I do see how this could be a different thing for others. So I think an additional option to set controls to relative mode would be a good thing, and I'll discuss this with my partner.
Excellent!

Alistair
6th April 2012
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
I would just like to add that I HATE faders or knobs that can not be set to relative control mode.
+1
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search