Soundminer HD an Protools native
BIGBANGBUZZ
25th February 2012
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

Soundminer HD an Protools native

What's the best way to audition Soundminer HD and Native.

Unfortunately the avid Native card doesn't seem to work like RME where can route things and use a virtual mixer.

No rewire support with SMHD :( is the only way to to use the spidf out of my mac into my interface?
25th February 2012
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

spdif or analog in/outs is really the best way > into aux in all your sessions.
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
spdif or analog in/outs is really the best way > into aux in all your sessions.
The biggest disadvantage is that if you work with the clock set to internal, you may hear some clicks and pops, while auditioning SM.
Setting the clock to Optical SPDIF will work and will eliminate clicks and pos, but is NOT the proper way to work as computer clock much less reliable than HD Native card one.
To switch clock back and forth...well its a PITA.
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
The biggest disadvantage is that if you work with the clock set to internal, you may hear some clicks and pops, while auditioning SM.
Setting the clock to Optical SPDIF will work and will eliminate clicks and pos, but is NOT the proper way to work as computer clock much less reliable than HD Native card one.
To switch clock back and forth...well its a PITA.
It does suck and I am using my macpro as my master clock. I havent really had time to properly fix it but I hate rewire. Maybe I will give it a go when I update my macpro.

I'm running v4pro now.
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Gear Guru

I convert my MacPro output to AES, and run into a SRC enabled digi-in on my 192 i/o
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
I convert my MacPro output to AES, and run into a SRC enabled digi-in on my 192 i/o
Yeah. We talked about this once before and its the route I will probably take. Whats messed up is a dig192 will do sample rate conversion but the regular 192 wont.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear Guru

I have a regular 192- and I am going into the stock AES inputs- the SRC function is in the hardware setup- and it can be activated per pair of inputs.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

I got an optical to analog converter that takes the Mac's out to a fader on my mixer. Or if the mixer isn't there I go into a spare stereo in on my monitor controller.
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoats View Post
I got an optical to analog converter that takes the Mac's out to a fader on my mixer. Or if the mixer isn't there I go into a spare stereo in on my monitor controller.
I am running SM4pro with rewire.
Rewire is the only way to audition 5.1 files from SM.

In my second studio where I have a copy of MiniMiner, I do the same as you.
BIGBANGBUZZ
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
What are you using?
Ive been using the Behringer ultra match pro 24/96 for non essential conversions. It's a bit of a Swiss army knife, I use it to feed my VU meters.
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Gear Head

I have the MAC Built-in Digital output (Optical SPDIF) connected to my 192 i/o input Optical SPDIF, and the only thing I have to always remember after Protools is to go to audio midi setup and put the digital to 48KHz in the Built-in Digital output.

The Clock is still the 192 (I think), it still says internal at the PT Settings.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Marco Bernardo

ps: at work I need to make a different workaround because we use SYNC's, I have to put the Session clock to 192 Optical SPDIF then clicks disappears and then put back to SYNC. (at work I have the input and output optical connected to 192 and the 96 interfaces)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search