New Sound FX Library releases
New Reply
Subscribe
13th September 2010
Old 13th September 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
hah that maker bot is amazing. So much material there to work with.
Thanks! It was a real joy to record. That little bot can provide such wide variety of sounds and really is a nice centerpiece to the SMALL MOTORS library.

Michael Raphael
Rabbit Ears Audio SFX
Fieldsepulchra Blog
13th September 2010
Old 13th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahorecordist View Post
I can do that, already have some heavy and light metal on concrete (to be released soon) I have this 8 ft x 10 in x 1 in thick steel bar I record all the time.

Frank
To expand on this and probably be a separate library but how about metal on dirt, metal on metal and metal on pavement and cement. We could also use plastics on these surfaces.
15th September 2010
Old 15th September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighttwelve View Post
Hey guys, do you know of anywhere I can get some good wild west sounds? lots of old creaking wood, horses, stagecoaches, people, ambience.. really anything. I'm trying to do an album with tons of sound design and I really want to create the environment of the west around and within the music. Thanks guys, this thread is incredibly useful.

Also, has anybody compiled a list of great sites that sell sfx libraries? I feel like many of you probably have more than you know what to do with, haha.
Here's a list of indie library sites:

Designing Sound » Independent SFX Libraries
15th September 2010
Old 15th September 2010
Lives for gear

how are those efx firearms? I cant find any samples?
15th September 2010
Old 15th September 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
some of them were licensed by Sound Ideas in the 6000 series..... They are generally pretty giant sounding...

“Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.”
? Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
15th September 2010
Old 15th September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
EFX guns are also in the Sound Ideas "Guns" library. Yeah, they generally are big and fat sounding.
19th September 2010
Old 19th September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by crussom View Post
Here's a list of indie library sites:

Designing Sound » Independent SFX Libraries
Great, thanks for the link, it's quite helpful. Anybody know where I can get some varied wind samples?
19th September 2010
Old 19th September 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Great, thanks for the link, it's quite helpful. Anybody know where I can get some varied wind samples?
Sound Ideas Blow Tools Sound Effects

this is an outstanding resource...
23rd September 2010
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear nut

Hi everyone,

My latest library is now available.

Ultimate Snow SFX Library Released!

The Ultimate Snow Sound Effects Library contains 300 of my best snow sounds recorded at 24-Bit 96kHz over the last 4 years during some of the most fridged and snow-packed North Idaho winters I have ever seen. Included are snowball impacts, large chunks rolling down hills, snowbanks collapsing, snow sliding and falling of roofs, gritty movements, smooth scrapes, footsteps, bodyfalls and mountian climbing foley.

The Recordist Ultimate Snow SFX

Thank you,

Frank Bry
The Recordist
23rd September 2010
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear addict

very cool! I wish I had these sounds on a project long ago :-) thumbsup

this thread should be sticky!
imdb
23rd September 2010
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
Sound Ideas Blow Tools Sound Effects

this is an outstanding resource...
Wow, ya there are tons of great sounds there. But damn, I never realized how expensive those things can be .

How do you guys usually do it? Buy in bulk? or search for specific sounds you need for projects? As a soon to be graduated college student I don't exactly have a ton of money to spend, haha.
23rd September 2010
Old 23rd September 2010
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to cjguitar Send a message via Skype™ to cjguitar
Quote:
Wow, ya there are tons of great sounds there. But damn, I never realized how expensive those things can be .

How do you guys usually do it? Buy in bulk? or search for specific sounds you need for projects? As a soon to be graduated college student I don't exactly have a ton of money to spend, haha.
I tend to buy general sfx libraries when they're on sale, and the more specific ones when the need arises. Eventually your collection grows pretty large, to where you don't need to buy too much, but then great specific libraries come out (like the ones listed in this forum), and you start buying again. Also try to record (anything) as much as you can as well.
IMDB
25th September 2010
Old 25th September 2010
Gear Head

Send a message via MSN to Dode
Quote:
This kind of sounds requires a lot of time investments (right place at the right moment), a lot of tricks (wind traps), and a lot of hardware (windshields etc.), so IMHO the BT serie is quite cheap in this regard.
Making a wind recording has nothing to do with making a door recording or the such, it's way more complicated.

Quote:
How do you guys usually do it? Buy in bulk? or search for specific sounds you need for projects?
It depends on the budget for the project. As a sound editor you should aks for a budget to buy additional sounds. Unfortunately, in France for example, it's shrinking every year (thanks to those sound editors using "cracked" sound libraries and giving them for free).

Quote:
As a soon to be graduated college student I don't exactly have a ton of money to spend, haha.
In this case, just use Creative Commons licensed sounds (freesound.org), or do your own recordings, but please respect the work of sound engineers that spent a lot of time doing these sounds, and therefore the price they are asking for them.

Bye.
27th September 2010
Old 27th September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dode View Post
This kind of sounds requires a lot of time investments (right place at the right moment), a lot of tricks (wind traps), and a lot of hardware (windshields etc.), so IMHO the BT serie is quite cheap in this regard.
Making a wind recording has nothing to do with making a door recording or the such, it's way more complicated.

It depends on the budget for the project. As a sound editor you should aks for a budget to buy additional sounds. Unfortunately, in France for example, it's shrinking every year (thanks to those sound editors using "cracked" sound libraries and giving them for free).

In this case, just use Creative Commons licensed sounds (freesound.org), or do your own recordings, but please respect the work of sound engineers that spent a lot of time doing these sounds, and therefore the price they are asking for them.

Bye.
I definitely understand that they're worth the value, I'm just saying it's not something I can afford. Thanks for the input, guys.
27th September 2010
Old 27th September 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjguitar View Post
I tend to buy general sfx libraries when they're on sale, and the more specific ones when the need arises. Eventually your collection grows pretty large, to where you don't need to buy too much, but then great specific libraries come out (like the ones listed in this forum), and you start buying again. Also try to record (anything) as much as you can as well.
Chris do you record your own sounds too? BTW, congrats on the ICON!
27th September 2010
Old 27th September 2010
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to cjguitar Send a message via Skype™ to cjguitar
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiller View Post
Chris do you record your own sounds too? BTW, congrats on the ICON!
I do some recording, but not as much as I'd like. Often the time allowed and the budgets on the projects I work on these days don't really allow for it. That's why these libraries are such great resources. It would cost me a lot more to go out and record this stuff myself.
30th September 2010
Old 30th September 2010
Gear nut

My Dogs Sound Library is now available:

Chuck Russom FX*|* Dogs SFX Library

Dogs features vocalizations from 14 professionally trained animal actors. This collection includes barks, whines, yelps, growls, snarls, and sounds that I can’t even begin to describe. Dogs was recorded and mastered at 24 bit 192K. Delivered as 158 24 bit 192K metadata-embedded wav files. 24bit 96K versions are also included.

I've also written a detailed behind the scenes article for Sonic Terrain:

http://www.sonic-terrain.com/2010/09...-dogs-library/

http://chuckrussom.com
30th September 2010
Old 30th September 2010
Gear addict

Bang! Top of my List!

I hope that means no more "SI 6003 55 04 dog mixed breed" :-)

This must have been a lot of work.
I guess you have dreamed in dog vocalisations during your editing phase.
1st October 2010
Old 1st October 2010
Lives for gear

So I had a bit of downtime and took the opportunity to work on a little robot that was cut from Iron Man 2.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/732672/mega_...ound_redux.mov

I used a lot of our new libraries in this piece The Machine gun is Tim's fireworks. All of the servos and small motor sounds come from Rabbit. I used impacts and slides from the recordist and chuck. So I think I represented all of you in this lol.

I also redid a chase scene from the island (Micheal bay). The one where the giant axles or train wheels are bouncing all over the highway. I think its really cool but I hesitate putting it online as its copy written work. It was more for exercise and to cut effects in a A,B,C,D,E 5.1 subgroup format.
2nd October 2010
Old 2nd October 2010
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to djgizmo
3rd October 2010
Old 3rd October 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
So I had a bit of downtime and took the opportunity to work on a little robot that was cut from Iron Man 2.

I used a lot of our new libraries in this piece The Machine gun is Tim's fireworks. All of the servos and small motor sounds come from Rabbit. I used impacts and slides from the recordist and chuck. So I think I represented all of you in this lol.

I also redid a chase scene from the island (Micheal bay). The one where the giant axles or train wheels are bouncing all over the highway. I think its really cool but I hesitate putting it online as its copy written work. It was more for exercise and to cut effects in a A,B,C,D,E 5.1 subgroup format.
Nice. Did I hear the dremel or the coffee grinder in there?

Michael Raphael
Rabbit Ears Audio SFX
Fieldsepulchra Blog
3rd October 2010
Old 3rd October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchra View Post
Nice. Did I hear the dremel or the coffee grinder in there?

Michael Raphael
Rabbit Ears Audio SFX
Fieldsepulchra Blog

Either or both are the legs. The copy bot is the small gun thing on the head with all the expression
6th October 2010
Old 6th October 2010
Gear Head

Deleted User
6th October 2010
Old 6th October 2010
Deleted User

This thread is great

All links posted are damn good, with very useful fx!

I'll buy some of them.

Keep them coming!
6th October 2010
Old 6th October 2010
Gear maniac

I love this thread, but it'd be pretty useful if the first post was updated with all the sound effects libraries featured throughout to save sifting through all the posts if you're looking for a library fast??

Peace
6th October 2010
Old 6th October 2010
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to djgizmo
New Sound FX Library releases

^ + 1
6th October 2010
Old 6th October 2010
Gear nut

Quote:

This is great! Love it!
Deleted User
6th October 2010
Old 6th October 2010
Deleted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Pearson View Post
I love this thread, but it'd be pretty useful if the first post was updated with all the sound effects libraries featured throughout
Great idea
7th October 2010
Old 7th October 2010
Gear addict

7th October 2010
Old 7th October 2010
Gear addict

but this thread could be changed to sticky....!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search