New Sound FX Library releases
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzon View Post
This is great. Just what I'm looking for!
I was about to type this very same thing! Awesome sounds!
Old 23rd January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gael nicolas View Post
Surround Library, Your Surround Sound Effects Source (Ambisonic, Double-M/S, 7.1, 5.1, Quad) - Home page

For those who are ready to Dolby atmos and Barco 3D sound. This sound library is multichannel recording only. You'll find all kind of technics and mics (everything is detailed in the Metadata, 100% compatibilty with soundminer).
If you are not aware of those kind of recordings it's a good place to start and listen some samples. From Tiger to roomtone this library is running around 2000 sounds.
Have a look!
Looks nice, I just can't stand the "per sound" pricing model, it's just too cost prohibitive. You really need to consider selling packages of libraries (Amb, Crowds, etc).
Old 24th January 2013
Gear interested
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjguitar View Post
Looks nice, I just can't stand the "per sound" pricing model, it's just too cost prohibitive. You really need to consider selling packages of libraries (Amb, Crowds, etc).
Hello there,

you are completly right and that's what we are going to do in the next week.
Some "Pack" already exist, check them out. We plan to set up a subscription, what do you think?

Thank you for your interest!
Old 24th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Hello there,

Some "Pack" already exist, check them out. We plan to set up a subscription, what do you think?

This might be something I would be very interested in...keep us posted!
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello there,

The problem with a subscription service is it is slow. If you have sound miner pro you have access to all of your stuff instantly. You will find something that will work and wont spend time going online for another bird track unless you absolutely need a java sparrow in the wild for a certain scene because of location/story/directorial/design choices.

you will buy packs of sound effects to have them "in the library" so when you are searching your effects you have a broad palette at your finger tips.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear interested
All right guys,

At the end of next week, you will have more pack to download!
We will work hard for that if you think this is the best for you (power users ).

thank you very much for your advises, it's very usefull.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Head

Hello there, i'm jumping in as i'm actually the founder of Surround Library. If you have any question or remark concerning this project, please use this (quite old) thread on Gearslutz, so we don't hijack this one which is dedicated, i think, to new releases only (and mostly independant ones) ;-)
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/post-...d-library.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
The problem with a subscription service is it is slow. If you have sound miner pro you have access to all of your stuff instantly.
This reminds me of discussions with Steve and Justin concerning a possible integration within Soundminer for online sound libraries like Surround Library or Airborne Sound etc., a bit like they did with Sonomic (RIP) if anyone remembers... I think this is the future, untill every sound editors around the world get a broadband internet connection, which is far from the case in many countries. We'll see.

Quote:
you will buy packs of sound effects to have them "in the library" so when you are searching your effects you have a broad palette at your finger tips.
Like Gaël said earlier, we're working on it, and on ways to simplify buyouts (say for a video game company, or a large production team with many sound editors, this sort of things).

Sorry again for hijacking this great thread here on GS, and hope to read more from you in the topic above.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Dont worry about it. I appreciate you showing up.
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

I love this thread! It is a veritable gold mine. It must be the longest, most active thread in the Post Production forum and it is a link to some of the most valuable sound assets available to discerning sound designers. It also gives some very dedicated and talented independent recordists of original sound effects a way to let us know what they are making available to us.

This should be a sticky, and I hope it continues forever.
Old 31st January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggegan View Post
+10000000000000
Old 31st January 2013
Gear interested

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I love this thread! It is a veritable gold mine. It must be the longest, most active thread in the Post Production forum and it is a link to some of the most valuable sound assets available to discerning sound designers. It also gives some very dedicated and talented independent recordists of original sound effects a way to let us know what they are making available to us.

Well Said, ive bought some great stuff because of this thread.

Sent from my GT-N7000
Old 5th February 2013
Gear nut

Quote:

Totally disagree Gary. I hate this thread. It's cost me a lot of $. Would some mod please blitz this thing out???

Old 7th February 2013
Gear nut

Hey guys,

Anybody know of any good way to achieve a "melting pipes/electronics/mechanical parts" sound? If you guys know of any method and/or library that could be of use in getting the base of the melting, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

hiss and a roars new entropy library should help you out.
Old 8th February 2013
Gear nut

Perfect, consider it bought and used!

I also need to have a melting mouse head (off-screen), any advice on what could create a rather viscerally disgusting layer to these? I've got a couple ideas, but I'm curious what you guys would go for in this situation.
Old 9th February 2013
Gear addict

Old 13th February 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahorecordist View Post
Thanks ThunderSheperd for your very kind comment. I hope you get many years of satisfying use from my sound effects libraries and there are many more to come.

-Frank Bry
wouldn't mind one of those 50% gunscape coupons for a fellow GS member...
Old 13th February 2013
Gear nut

Gunscapes HD Professional SFX Library Released

Presenting the first stage of Gunscapes HD Professional SFX Library. As many of you might know I have been working on a gun sound effects library for the last 3 1/2 years. At this moment I feel there is enough material finalized and ready to let loose. This has been a massive undertaking and I am very happy with the results so far.

The sound produced by guns here in North Idaho is quite unique and that is how I came up with the name of the library… “Gunscapes” A majority of the guns I recorded produced what I call a “Gun Landscape” style of response. If this sounds strange, then maybe it is. The reverb tails from the guns in many of the locations I recorded can be used as stand alone design elements or layered with other gun sounds you may have on hand to create the gun sound effect you desire. Lush, full baodied, echoey, bouncy, tight, sharp… it’s in there. A majority of this collection was recorded with multiple microphones and some were recorded with just a single stereo microphone setup. (Sometimes I spontaneously tagged along on mountain expedition trips with expert shooters and could only bring one stereo microphone rig).

Large caliber rifles, shotguns, pistols, machine guns and assault rifles were recorded at 24-Bit 96kHz. Included are “processed” versions along with the original “source” files. Having the processed versions allows you to quickly “drop in” a gun sound if you have a tight deadline or you just like the sound and it works for you. There are a multitude of various “pumped up” sounds that were derived from the source and multiple takes were mixed and mangled to hopefully give you a broad pallet of sounds to sculpt you masterpiece. As with the source files you can layer the different multi-microphone processed files together for maximum impact.

I have many more recording sessions planned over the next few months and will be adding some suppressed weapons to the collection very soon. A product update email will be sent to all purchasers and all that has to be done is download the new .zip file and add to the others in your library.

There are two things I would like to mention:
1. This sound effects library comes with what I call “Forever Updates”. One of the great aspects of living here in North Idaho is I can record the sound of guns almost anytime I want. Whether it’s out in my own field or on a mountaintop, I will be recording. So, as more guns are recorded, they will be added free of charge. I hope this is OK with you.
2. This library is fielding requests. If you have the need for a certain type of gun sound, let me know and I will do my best to get it recorded and added to the library. -Frank

The Recordist - SoundBox HD Pro - Gunscapes High Definition Sound Effects Library

Use coupon code: GUNSAVE25 during checkout and save $50.00 for a limited time only.
Old 13th February 2013
Lives for gear

The thompson gun was perfect. Definitely picking this up.
Old 13th February 2013
Gear nut

Your "HD bullet Pro" library is simply amazing. Is "gunscapes HD" a complement to this library? Are there many shared sfx from both library?

Thanks!
Old 14th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Lives for gear

Glad to see you're coming out with the Transport category. I've been loving the Crowds & other categories for filling in the 'B-Roll' on documentaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awalk View Post
Hi
I've updated the FSE library and added 3 new categories (Horse,Military and Wind) for download.
I've also added the Transport category as a complete bundle and now have the whole FSE library available to purchase.
Old 15th February 2013
Good to hear it's being put to good use!
Old 18th February 2013
evs
Gear interested

New SFX Library: TONSTURM 09 Aquaphone

Hey Everybody,
just wanted to inform you about our new release:

TONSTURM 09 Aquaphone

TONSTURM 09 | Aquaphone is based on our recordings of the Aquaphone (Modell Megabass 250 - 600 ccm) also known as Waterphone. We captured this magical instrument in three exciting soundscapes in 2.0 stereo and discrete 5.0 surround. Over 6 GB of spooky, paranormal and atmospheric sounds in HD Audio @ 24 Bit, 192 KHz and 96 kHz.

We recorded the Aquaphone at three different recording locations with varying microphone setups in 2.0 Stereo and 5.0 Surround. One part of the recordings took place in the studio where we used the amulet / tranceducer (piezo) microphones from tranceaudio. These microphones have a very wide frequency range and very low self noise and were attached directly to the resonator bowl of the instrument. These recordings feature a fantastic drony bass end. To contrast these Piezo recordings we captured the Aquaphone in a very nice sounding, stone walled stairway where we used a Sennheiser MS and a Wide Omni Stereo Setup. These recordings have a completely different character and the lush and long reverb tail influenced the way we were performing in a great way.

From the beginning on we planned to record this fascinating instrument in surround as well. From our first recording session on we scouted for the perfect space to capture the Waterphone in 5.0 Surround. After a lot of telephone calls we finally got the permission to record in a very cool space: The Gasometer in Herne, Germany! This big cylinder with it´s crazy sounding reverb was absolutely what we had been looking for.
We recorded with five Sennheiser MKH 8020 (Omni) microphones to get a thick, diffuse and lush surround sound.
Be warned these sounds are highly addictive when played back on your 5.0 listening environment!

http://soundcloud.com/tonsturm/tonsturm-09-aquaphone/s-69vOz
http://soundcloud.com/tonsturm/tonsturm-09-aquaphone-pitched/s-2MLW1

For more information please visit: www.tonsturm.com

We are also running an introductory offer: 15% off until the 28th of February 2013!

All the best,
Emil Klotzsch & Tilman Hahn
Old 19th February 2013
echo | collective Little Boxes

Hey folks, this is Evan from echo | collective. We've got a new library out today called "Little Boxes".

Little boxes is a curated collection of four unique sound sets designed to compliment one another sonically and texturally.

These textures move from acoustic to electroacoustic to analog synthesis.

The library consists of:
24 bit 96k metadata tagged wav files
342 unique recordings
3.1 Gb of sounds
79 Kontakt unlocked .nki files

https://soundcloud.com/echo-collective/little-boxes-kontakt/

https://soundcloud.com/echo-collective/littleboxes-demo

More info here: http://echocollectivefx.com/collections/little-boxes
Old 19th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by evs View Post

Hey Everybody,
just wanted to inform you about our new release:

TONSTURM 09 Aquaphone

TONSTURM 09 | Aquaphone is based on our recordings of the Aquaphone (Modell Megabass 250 - 600 ccm) also known as Waterphone. We captured this magical instrument in three exciting soundscapes in 2.0 stereo and discrete 5.0 surround. Over 6 GB of spooky, paranormal and atmospheric sounds in HD Audio @ 24 Bit, 192 KHz and 96 kHz.

We recorded the Aquaphone at three different recording locations with varying microphone setups in 2.0 Stereo and 5.0 Surround. One part of the recordings took place in the studio where we used the amulet / tranceducer (piezo) microphones from tranceaudio. These microphones have a very wide frequency range and very low self noise and were attached directly to the resonator bowl of the instrument. These recordings feature a fantastic drony bass end. To contrast these Piezo recordings we captured the Aquaphone in a very nice sounding, stone walled stairway where we used a Sennheiser MS and a Wide Omni Stereo Setup. These recordings have a completely different character and the lush and long reverb tail influenced the way we were performing in a great way.

From the beginning on we planned to record this fascinating instrument in surround as well. From our first recording session on we scouted for the perfect space to capture the Waterphone in 5.0 Surround. After a lot of telephone calls we finally got the permission to record in a very cool space: The Gasometer in Herne, Germany! This big cylinder with it´s crazy sounding reverb was absolutely what we had been looking for.
We recorded with five Sennheiser MKH 8020 (Omni) microphones to get a thick, diffuse and lush surround sound.
Be warned these sounds are highly addictive when played back on your 5.0 listening environment!

http://soundcloud.com/tonsturm/tonsturm-09-aquaphone/s-69vOz
http://soundcloud.com/tonsturm/tonsturm-09-aquaphone-pitched/s-2MLW1

For more information please visit: www.tonsturm.com

We are also running an introductory offer: 15% off until the 28th of February 2013!

All the best,
Emil Klotzsch & Tilman Hahn
This is a great library, and in 5.0 to boot! I am sure I am going to pick this up for my next project since its all horror based. Great work!!
Old 20th February 2013
evs
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasamee View Post
This is a great library, and in 5.0 to boot! I am sure I am going to pick this up for my next project since its all horror based. Great work!!
thanks!
Old 21st February 2013
Gear nut

Gunscapes HD Pro SFX Stage 2 Released!

More BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! Gunscapes HD Professional SFX Library Stage 2 Zip 4 Added: Suppressed Weapons. The product update email has been sent and delivered. Anyone who purchased before 2/14/13 and any future purchases get the free update.

The official page for Gunscapes HD Pro SFX news, gossip and super critical updates. When news is made concerning the library I will post it here: The Recordist - SoundBox HD Pro - Gunscapes News Bulletin

Also: Presenting the first in a series of videos demonstrating the sound from the various microphones used in the recording of Gunscapes HD Pro Sound Effects Library. The sounds showcased in this installment are from a Bushmaster M4 semi and fully automatic, a M60E3 machine gun, A Remington 700 rifle with Weatherby 300 rounds and a Barrett 98B sniper rifle. Recorded at various locations over the last few years.

Stay tuned for future video diaries on the making of this massive collection of gun sound effects.

The Recordist - SoundBox HD Pro - Gunscapes High Definition Sound Effects Library
Old 22nd February 2013
Gear nut

Today I released my latest library; Designed Whooshes 2. This is the sequel to my popular Designed Whooshes library, which was released last August. The new library features 212 whooshes delivered as 24bit 96k wav files with embedded metadata. Both libraries are great for trailers, promos, commercials, and anywhere you need to drop in a quick whoosh.

Designed Whooshes 2 | Chuck Russom FX
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search