Login / Register

New Sound FX Library releases
New Reply
Subscribe
subbasshead
15th November 2012
Old 15th November 2012
Gear maniac

I've just released a new library of source material for sound design: TORTURED CYMBALS
1,800+ sounds 24bit 96kHz, 5.6GB rar files download, 10.1GB uncompressed
recorded multi channel with dual contact mics and a pair of MKH8040s/8020s/70s

Check it out here:
SD011 TORTURED CYMBALS | HISS and a ROAR

And note: for the first 24 hours it is available for US$79 instead of usual US$99

21st November 2012
Old 21st November 2012
Gear addict

Hi all

My newest sound effects library has just been released.

Shake Rattle And Rumble, is 110 tracks (96/24) of things that does.. well... just that!

http://soundcloud.com/gimaudio/sonicsalute-2
http://soundcloud.com/gimaudio/sonicsalute-1
http://soundcloud.com/gimaudio/sonicsalute

Included are:

60 tracks of: Person shaking different objects (bookshelves, drawers, cabinets, boxes, metal, glass and bottles, baskets, plastic, a laptop and even a hospital bed)

27 tracks of: Objects shaking on a subwoofer (wood, metal, glass, toys, and porcelain)

16 tracks of: Van on cobblestone/Bumpy road

4 tracks of: Ferry in high seas (apx. 9 minutes in all)

3 tracks of: Road roller passing house (which, literally made everything inside the house move)

The sound effects library is $60 and you can get your copy, look at the track list, watch a road roller pass the studio, and read the story behind the creation of the library, right
Shake Rattle And Rumble, from SonicSalute

Thanks for your support

Mikkel

SonicSalute Sfx Libraries
IMDB
24th November 2012
Old 24th November 2012
Gear addict

any black friday/cyber monday deals coming around the bend?
24th November 2012
Old 24th November 2012
Lives for gear

boom has a blackfriday deal.
subbasshead
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
Gear maniac

Apologies if you got the email & already know but I just released a new ambience library:

AMB003 WHITE WATER | HISS and a ROAR

7.9GB of Waterfalls ranging up to Huka Falls at 220,000 litres per second!
The library also includes some rivers & streams for detail when layering
All delivered 24bit 96KHz multi mic

NOTE: there is a discount in place until dawn Dec 1st

1st December 2012
Old 1st December 2012
Gear addict

any holiday deals coming around the bend?
2nd December 2012
Old 2nd December 2012
Gear nut

Explosives HD Pro SFX: The Final Release. It's cooked!

Presenting the final release of Explosives HD Pro SFX Library. The final library product update link has been sent out to all who purchased before November 30, 2012. Thanks to all who participated in the initial Beta release.

Over the last year I’ve recorded a whole bunch of Tannerite, White Lightning, Goliath, A Black Powder Cannon, Large Caliber Rifles and some other secret stuff I’m not cleared to have video and pictures of. The result of this massive undertaking is a one of a kind collection of things that make a loud noise when lit up or shot at and along with the blasts it includes all sorts of black powder bursts, sizzle, flames, rocket type effects. Many variations and multiple takes are featured and the hope is you get a wide variety of sounds to pick from when designing your next audio masterpiece.

This Explosives library is organized into 3 sections: designed, processed and original source files. The designed portion is basically taking the original source files and processing them for importing into Pro Tools sessions to mix with other like sounds and mangle them together. They are over the top, larger than my reality and hopefully yours also. The processed files are amped up with transient enhancers, compression, EQ and slight pitch manipulation. They are derived from the original source files but most tracks are not exact duplicates of the number of takes and file sequence. For the processing, I only used the takes I thought would work well under this kind of processing pressure. And finally, there are the original "cleaned up" source files for you to mangle and process however you see fit. Many of the explosives were recorded with multiple microphones and from different perspectives.

Some of the source material used in the "designed" portion of the library is thunder, lightning, plastic air pops, Weatherby 300 rounds and various shotguns. Here in North Idaho we have a amazing environment for recording loud bangs and weapons. The reverb tails even from a small caliber rifle can produce really cool echoes and textures depending on the location and time of year. Some of the locations where I recorded were on a mountain top rock quarry, a dense forest, a medium size gravel pit and my own field here on the ranch. I’ve also recorded during all the four seasons and I will say they all sound a little different.

Note: The latest material (ZIP #3) includes a new section called: "Enhanced Source". These files are the source recordings amped up with some select processes but the original pitch is not modified. The idea behind this is the user can just change the pitch before importing into a session without running a complex plug in chain but still get a whole lot of "big" from the source. Enjoy! -Frank

Release Date: December 1, 2012
SKU:SBPEXPL-01 FINAL
Files: 700+
Price: $200.00 (Sale price: $175.00 USD until Midnight PST 12/2/12
ZIP 1: 638.5MB - ZIP 2: 497.1MB - ZIP 3: 621.1MB (New!)
Uncompressed Size: 2.1GB
To check it out go to: Explosives HD Sound Effects Library
2nd December 2012
Old 2nd December 2012
Gear addict

Frank, you've got the best sounding FX out there. hands down.

I've been eyeing that bullet library for a while...
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear interested

Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library

for those of you who participated in the survey below (there were almost one hundred reponses), we designed the Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library. It's for freelancers only - and priced accordingly. Details:

www.prosoundeffects.com/hybrid-library-for-freelance-sound-designers.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsinn View Post
Hi all, I was going to start a new thread (maybe I still should?)

about pricing feedback for a sound effects library I'm putting together through Pro Sound Effects. We're basically going to offer a limited number of libraries with roughly 50,000 sounds for freelancers and independent sound editors.

I need some feedback about what price would fit your budgets, and I need honest feedback!! We have so many sounds, and as a freelancers myself I know having this resource is KEY to working fast and producing great sounding work.

Fill out the form if you get a second.

survey about pricing for sound effects library for freelancers

Gracias!
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear interested

sfx library for freelancers

yes - if you're a freelancer. check out the post I made one minute ago about the hybrid library. good until jan 30 2013 or our 100 libraries run out.

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderShepherd View Post
any holiday deals coming around the bend?
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear interested

Zero-G Maximum Force

4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear interested

7th December 2012
Old 7th December 2012
Gear nut

Get all the best ice and snow the North country of Idaho has to offer in one massive bundle. Introducing the Ultimate Winter Collection from The Recordist. This collection includes all the sounds from Ultimate Ice 1-2 and Ultimate Snow 1-2 at a great price that’s hard to resist. Bought separately, these Sound HD Professional collections would cost $275.00 USD. This holiday season pick up the whole frigid bundle for just $195.00. Over 1785 Soundminer Metadata embedded 24-Bit 96kHz BWAV sound effects are included.

Ultimate Ice Sound Effects Library contains a whopping 715 cracks, impacts, scrapes, rubs, tension and icicle debris sounds. Recorded over four years in some of the most frigid and snow-packed North Idaho winters I have ever experienced.

Ultimate Ice 2 was recorded over a three month period on the pristine ponds and lakes in North Idaho with the crystal clear detail of the extended frequency range Sennheiser MKH-8040ST microphone set. From the tiniest breaks to huge dispersion cracks on lakes hundreds of acres in size, this collection is sure to come in handy on your next sound design project.

Ultimate Snow contains 300 snow sounds including: snowball impacts, large chunks rolling down hills, snowbanks collapsing, snow sliding and falling of roofs, gritty movements, smooth scrapes, footsteps, bodyfalls and mountian climbing foley.

Ultimate Snow 2 was recorded over the 2010-2011 winter season and includes a wide variety of snow falling sounds recorded in extremely cold weather conditions. There is snow falling off trees, numerous powder snow impacts, crunches and granular snow debris drops from various heights.

Please Note: If you have previously purchased one or any of these collections and want to complete the set, contact The Recordist and we can work up a special upgrade price to complete your set. I know sound library databases can get quite large and sometimes you loose track of what you purchased, but don’t worry I can look at your purchase history and let you know which ice or snow library you need to make it complete. Enjoy! -Frank

Release Date: December 5, 2012
SBNDL-W01: Ultimate Winter • Files: 1785+ • Size: 3.6GB • Sale Price: $195.00 US
*This collection contains previously released material.

Ultimate Winter Collection HD Pro Sound Effects Library
13th December 2012
Old 13th December 2012
Gear interested

New BOOM library "Historical Firearms" pre-released - 20% pre-order discount

Hi guys,

a couple of days ago, we pre-released our latest SFX library "HISTORICAL FIREARMS":

The sound of historical battefields was loud and dominated by the explosive charges of smoky muskets, carbines, cannons and revolvers. HISTORICAL FIREARMS brings you the exact sound of these old-fashioned weapons. Loud, deadly, uncompromising and from the times where no one even thought about things like silencers or ammo clips.

CONSTRUCTION KIT:
Your next project contains historical battlefields with thousands of infantry soldiers, some evil pistol-swinging pirates or some fine gentlemen demanding "satisfaction" in an old-fashioned duel? With this library, you get all our HISTORICAL FIREARMS source recordings in high quality. Shots of muzzle-loaders, muskets, carbines, pistols, cannons, breechloaders, etc. In addition to that, you will also find great handling sounds. Choose between 17 different weapons that were recorded on two locations in a multi-channel setup with 12 tracks.
240+ files, 1.300+ sounds | 192kHz/24bit, WAV

DESIGNED edition:
HISTORICAL FIREARMS DESIGNED is your best choice for high quality sound effects of cannons, pistols, revolvers and rifles from the good old times. Whether you need some precise single shots or a group of up to 100 rifles. Scale it to your needs and let your audience reminisce the old days. Create great epic battles from the civil war, the napoleonic wars or design the grand finale of a thrilling pistol duel.
74 files, 296 sounds | 96kHz/24-bit, WAV

The BUNDLE gives you all ready-to-use SFX from the DESIGNED edition plus the massive amount of source recordings from the CONSTRUCTION KIT.
300+ files, 1.500+ sounds | 192kHz, 96kHz/24bit, WAV

Order the bundle until the official release date on JAN 3rd 2013 to save 20%.

Check out the audio demo:
https://soundcloud.com/boom-library/historical-firearms

Visit Boom Library to learn more, watch a smoky Making-Of video and get a glimpse at the track list.
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderShepherd View Post
Frank, you've got the best sounding FX out there. hands down.

I've been eyeing that bullet library for a while...
Thanks ThunderSheperd for your very kind comment. I hope you get many years of satisfying use from my sound effects libraries and there are many more to come.

-Frank Bry
subbasshead
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear maniac

OK, my last library release for the year!
GALE FORCE WIND is a 7GB library of Winds recorded 24 bit 96khz multi mic
Discounted price until Dec 22nd, more info available here:

AMB004 GALE FORCE WIND | HISS and a ROAR

19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear addict

Hey guys,

TONSTURM | End Of Year Sale 15%

Today starts our little End Of The Year Sale! 2012 has been such a great year for TONSTURM. We want to thank everybody who has supported us!

From the 19th December - 31.12 all our products are 15% Off. This offer is for single user licenses only. You will see the reduced price after clicking the buy button.
www.tonsturm.com

For 2013 we have lots of cool stuff in the pipeline so stay tuned!

Thank you,
Tilman & Emil
imdb
subbasshead
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Gear maniac

I’ve sent out download links for the HISSandaROAR Xmas Present to everyone on the mail list,
but if you missed out for some reason you can download the quirky little 247MB package
of 24 bit 96kHz stereo sounds here:

FREE SOUNDS | HISS and a ROAR

Heres the little making of video, featuring a tortured VHS deck, some robots, a green watering can,
my modular synth, an antique herb grinder and some very strange sounding glass squeaks!

See you next year!

24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks Tim! Hope you have a good one!
7th January 2013
Old 7th January 2013
Gear addict

hey guys,

after a year in which we've built and moved into a new studio, echo | collective has finally released a new collection: motion textures

check it out!

9th January 2013
Old 9th January 2013
Gear nut

Hello everyone!

Here is the latest sound effects collection from The Recordist:

I don’t know about you, but when I was a child and I was near water I wanted to play in it. Well, now that I am a full grown crazy person and when I get near water all I want to do is record it. So here it is, me playing around with water and a few microphones. Presenting the North Country Water HD Pro Sound Effects Library, a unique collection of water sound effects recorded in North Idaho at 24-bit 96kHz. Recording began over five years ago in and around the lakes, puddles, streams and drainage pipes here. This library includes many dual microphone recordings and very close up, intimate water events. There are some medium and distant perspectives of a few streams but this collection is basically intended for heavy sound design applications.

Included are large water dumps, aggressive thrashing, heavy splashes and subtle waves washing up on the shore of a lake. Many objects were used to perform water movement and other actions including a 55 gallon oil drum, hoses, jugs, sticks, towels and my trusty farm tractor. Drainage pipes, small and large, were recorded from the inside and out during a flash flood that occurred a while back. I squirted water into the tractor loader bucket and recorded the deep concrete trenches that move water out of the local fish hatchery.

Footsteps in shallow water and slushy snow are included along with a few toilets, close up and personal (sanitized first of course!) From the smallest stream trickle to raging culvert pipes and a few things in between, I hope this collection serves you well and you don’t have to pee too bad after using the sounds. Enjoy! -Frank

Check it out here: North Country Water HD Pro
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear interested

Hybrid Sound Effects Library for Freelancers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsinn View Post
Hi all, I was going to start a new thread (maybe I still should?)

about pricing feedback for a sound effects library I'm putting together through Pro Sound Effects. We're basically going to offer a limited number of libraries with roughly 50,000 sounds for freelancers and independent sound editors.

I need some feedback about what price would fit your budgets, and I need honest feedback!! We have so many sounds, and as a freelancers myself I know having this resource is KEY to working fast and producing great sounding work.

Fill out the form if you get a second.

survey about pricing for sound effects library for freelancers

Gracias!
Hi all, just wanted to let you know the Hybrid Library for Freelancers will be available only until the end of this month (January 2013). It's an incredible library, includes SONOPEDIA and Foundation plus downloadable sounds.

We designed the library based on the survey results, which we had almost 100 participants.

Check it out:
Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library for Freelancers & Independents
19th January 2013
Old 19th January 2013
Gear Guru

Hi all-

Sound Dogs has a new library (actually 2) that I put together of modern conflict small arms-

basically its 2 collections of modern US/NATO and Russian / Combloc small arms including pistols, assault rifles, sniper rifles and machine guns. The files are 96k/5.1.

the thing that makes them special, (at least in my eyes) is that I am donating 100% of my royalties- forever, to four charities I think are worthy of support-

Medicine Sans Frontiers - Doctors without Borders
Amnesty International
Wounded Warrior Project
HALO Trust (who do battlefield clearance and restoration)

please give a look if you might need some new resources- its for a good cause.

https://www.sounddogs.com/suppliers/1986.html

I want to acknowledge two very special guys who provided moral support and editorial critique for the project-

Frank Bry- (an awesome man, amoungst awesome men)
Stuart Provine- my brother from another mother....

“Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.”
? Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
19th January 2013
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

I'll definitely pick those up. Thanks Charles. 5.1 guns are awesome.
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Gear addict

Hi Charles, great pack, but no chances of realese of multi-channel, construction kit of those sounds? I definitivelly would buy it. Nowdays with that much of content being produced around the world I believe, constructions kit are a must have for professionals.

Anyway, congatulatuons! Great job!
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Gear maniac

First release for 2013 for HISSandaROAR!

ENTROPY Library was created by recording sound created by heat transfer in many, many different forms.
Whether it was cooking and burning various food types, turning water and ice into vapour, rapidly cooling
very hot metals or physically manipulating objects on dry ice, this is a sound library with a very diverse
and unusual range of tonalities...

SD012 ENTROPY | HISS and a ROAR

(NOTE Early adopters 33% discount available for first 24 hours)

20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbasshead View Post
First release for 2013 for HISSandaROAR!

ENTROPY Library was created by recording sound created by heat transfer in many, many different forms.
Whether it was cooking and burning various food types, turning water and ice into vapour, rapidly cooling
very hot metals or physically manipulating objects on dry ice, this is a sound library with a very diverse
and unusual range of tonalities...

SD012 ENTROPY | HISS and a ROAR

(NOTE Early adopters 33% discount available for first 24 hours)

That was a super cool video! Great stuff as always.
21st January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Gear interested

Surround Library, Your Surround Sound Effects Source (Ambisonic, Double-M/S, 7.1, 5.1, Quad) - Home page

For those who are ready to Dolby atmos and Barco 3D sound. This sound library is multichannel recording only. You'll find all kind of technics and mics (everything is detailed in the Metadata, 100% compatibilty with soundminer).
If you are not aware of those kind of recordings it's a good place to start and listen some samples. From Tiger to roomtone this library is running around 2000 sounds.
Have a look!
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gael nicolas View Post
Surround Library, Your Surround Sound Effects Source (Ambisonic, Double-M/S, 7.1, 5.1, Quad) - Home page

For those who are ready to Dolby atmos and Barco 3D sound. This sound library is multichannel recording only. You'll find all kind of technics and mics (everything is detailed in the Metadata, 100% compatibilty with soundminer).
If you are not aware of those kind of recordings it's a good place to start and listen some samples. From Tiger to roomtone this library is running around 2000 sounds.
Have a look!
This is great. Just what I'm looking for!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search