Login / Register

New Sound FX Library releases
New Reply
Subscribe
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Gear nut

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know I have released Ultimate Destruction Sound Effects Library.

The Recordist - SoundBox HD Pro - Ultimate Destruction High Definition Sound Effects Library

A one-of-a-kind collection of over 600 destruction sounds presented across 217 tracks that will blow your mind. Recorded over a five year period at 24-Bit 96kHz in a multitude of dirty, dusty, smelly, noisy, dangerous and physically grueling locations.

Some of the session locations were a office building being torn down, a house being ripped apart, a metal recycling plant and a junk yard. My JD tractor and my one acre outdoor foley area were also used extensively.

There are no heavily processed sound effects here (except the explosions), just the real life destruction action as it happened. Many of the tracks were recorded with multiple extended frequency response microphones at close, medium and distant perspectives. Each category was recorded separately to give you, the sound designer the freedom to layer and process each type of sound individually for the most creative options. Extra long tracks of debris dumps and movements were recorded using concrete, glass, wood and metal so you have enough length to create the ultimate crash sequence.

The majority of the sound effects were recorded outside in a natural environment with no room reflections. Other crazy sounds include: objects thrown into a huge dumpster, an axe thrown against a ceiling light fixture, excavator metal bucket hits, construction trash bin foley and much more.
With this collection your creative options for designing high impact destruction soundscapes for your productions are nearly limitless. You can rest assured that you will not have to get dirty, smelly and exhausted recording the insanity of destruction… I’ve done that for you.

Also, here is an article I wrote for Designing Sound: The Making Of Ultimate Destruction HD Sound Effects Library

Stay safe. Enjoy! -Frank
23rd April 2012
Old 23rd April 2012
Gear Head

Hello Folks,

REA010 Hind Helicopter | Rabbit Ears Audio

I just wanted to send you a note and let you know I have released a new library: REA_010 Mi-24 Hind.

One Soviet-era helicopter, four recordists, and plenty of fuel brings you REA_010 Hind. The Mi-24 Hind is a Soviet gunship that was introduced in 1969 and saw action in Afghanistan and throughout the Cold War. This collection features a series of pass-bys and maneuvers from a number of perspectives, as well as onboard recordings from the crew compartment of the aircraft. This library also offers meticulous recordings of all the switches and the electrical system of the aircraft. The internal workings of the machine are full of character and, at times, sound downright possessed.

http://soundcloud.com/sepulchra/rea_010-flight-hind-preview
http://soundcloud.com/sepulchra/rea_010-hind-switches-valves

Gear Used – Schoeps MK4, Sennheiser MKH 40, MKH 60, Sennheiser 8020, 8040, and 8050. Onboard: MKH 30/40. Sound Devices 7-Series Recorders. Interior Switches and Exterior Electrical Systems were recorded with a Schoeps MK4 + MK8 and a Sennheiser 8060. All tracked to Sound Devices 7-Series recorders.
29th April 2012
Old 29th April 2012
Gear nut

The Devil Dog is unleashed!

Introducing Dixie, a very special English Bull Terrier with an amazing vocal ability that is unlike anything I have every heard. She is special because she is deaf and cannot hear what comes out of her mouth. She is loved and cared for by some friends here in town and they graciously allowed me to come to their home and record her. The Devil Dog HD Pro SFX Library contains over 800 individual Zombie-like sound effects recorded at 24-Bit 192kHz presented on 60 tracks.

Dixie makes the best noises when she is asleep dreaming or very tired and does not want to be bothered. She was very excited when I arrived so they tried to calm her down a little bit to see if she would make some of the amazing “alien” noises they say she makes. The sounds she made when I was in the room were great but after a while I went outside for 5 minutes and left the gear with them and they were able to get her to make some really cool noises. I was able to leave the recording gear overnight and got some really amazing close up sleeping sounds.

I used a Sennheiser MKH-416 and a MKH-8040 with the filter module set on a small stand. This combination is very good for this type of animal recording as the hyped-up top end of the MKH-416 works perfect for the normal pitched intense growls and barks while the MKH-8040 sounds amazing when pitched way down with a nice smooth top end and a monstrous low end. There are multiple distances for variety and dozens of variations on most tracks. Dixie can make sounds ranging from soft and subtle to over the top loud and vicious. She can purr like a kitten and snarl like an attack dog. I have never heard any animal make these kinds of noises especially a dog. Dixie got to know me after a few days and maybe next time I see here she will let me record her in her dream state.

Check it out here: The Recordist - SoundBox HD Pro - The Devil Dog High Definition Sound Effects Library

Frank
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
Lives for gear

Frank, that dog is awesome!
I just wish I had a project that would need it.
and a complete picture department with online, grading and more based on Mistika.
http://www.europasoundvision.se
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahorecordist View Post
The Devil Dog is unleashed!

Introducing Dixie, a very special English Bull Terrier with an amazing vocal ability that is unlike anything I have every heard. She is special because she is deaf and cannot hear what comes out of her mouth. She is loved and cared for by some friends here in town and they graciously allowed me to come to their home and record her. The Devil Dog HD Pro SFX Library contains over 800 individual Zombie-like sound effects recorded at 24-Bit 192kHz presented on 60 tracks.

Dixie makes the best noises when she is asleep dreaming or very tired and does not want to be bothered. She was very excited when I arrived so they tried to calm her down a little bit to see if she would make some of the amazing “alien” noises they say she makes. The sounds she made when I was in the room were great but after a while I went outside for 5 minutes and left the gear with them and they were able to get her to make some really cool noises. I was able to leave the recording gear overnight and got some really amazing close up sleeping sounds.

I used a Sennheiser MKH-416 and a MKH-8040 with the filter module set on a small stand. This combination is very good for this type of animal recording as the hyped-up top end of the MKH-416 works perfect for the normal pitched intense growls and barks while the MKH-8040 sounds amazing when pitched way down with a nice smooth top end and a monstrous low end. There are multiple distances for variety and dozens of variations on most tracks. Dixie can make sounds ranging from soft and subtle to over the top loud and vicious. She can purr like a kitten and snarl like an attack dog. I have never heard any animal make these kinds of noises especially a dog. Dixie got to know me after a few days and maybe next time I see here she will let me record her in her dream state.

Check it out here: The Recordist - SoundBox HD Pro - The Devil Dog High Definition Sound Effects Library

Frank
Noooooooooo, i literally just mastered a Zombie film 2 weeks ago. i can think of a couple of moments where these would have been great. Definitely buying!!!

dubbing mixer / sound designer and all things post sound related!
My IMDB
My Full Credits
My 2011 Showreel
8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
Gear nut

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I have released Autumn Rain HD Pro Sound Effects Library.

A pristine collection of 50 24-Bit 96kHz rainfall sound effects from the forests and fields of North Idaho. Recorded primarily in the fall season of 2011 around my ranch and high up in the mountains. Other rain tracks were recorded early and late winter when the rainy season it peaking. A large portion of this library was recorded with the Sennheiser MKH-8040ST at XY-90 and XY-120 to capture the stunning detail of rain drops on leaves, wood and concrete.

The rain storms that sweep through North Idaho during the change of seasons are abundant and can swell and fade, mist like fog or just pour down on you like someone dumped a bucket from the skies.

I stood for hours under towering Cottonwood trees while a soft rain fell and then dripped off the brittle leaves. There are torrential downpours recorded in the middle of the night along with blustery storms that pounded the trees as their leaves were turning. Also included are rain from roof drip edges into small puddles and rain recorded under a canvas cover.

I traveled to my secret pond and recorded the miniature rain drops hitting the surface of the water. Also included are numerous tracks recorded under or near vegetation like bushes, cattails and small maple trees.

Variations on some categories are plentiful. Just moving a few dozen feet from one location brought a new sound to the same forest. There are close and distant rain drops to give the sound designer many options when cutting rain scenes.

As many sound recordists already know, recording rain can be a challenge. From keeping your gear dry to not catching a cold while getting soaked recording, it presents it’s own problems very different from recording in the sunshine. I was lucky enough to not suffer any of those situations severely. I did get quite soaked at times and the gear survived. I only wish I had taken more photos. All is good. Enjoy! -Frank

The Recordist - SoundBox HD Pro - Autumn Rain High Definition Sound Effects Library
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to djgizmo
wow. This thread keeps getting better and better. Some top recordists with some very nice gear and crystal clear recordings.
21st May 2012
Old 21st May 2012
Gear nut

1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
Gear interested

"CARS" - New Gigantic BOOM Library Pre-Released

Hi Folks,

buckle up for the biggest BOOM Library we ever made. This 4 DVD collection offers more than 18 GB of the finest car SFX. We completely wired 10 everyday cars, rented a super-quiet test track for our recordings and are now proud to deliver really great and pristine long takes of drive-bys, car engine sounds, exhaust sounds and stereo interior recordings. We also give you a great selection of close handling sounds like switches, indicators, ventilation, handbrakes, basically everything we could find. Delivered in 96kHz/24bit.

Visit Boom Library - Sound Effects to learn more and see a list of the cars we recorded.

Release Date is July 2nd. Until then we have a big 25% pre-order discount.

http://soundcloud.com/boom-library/daily-cars

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
BOOM Library
3rd June 2012
Old 3rd June 2012
Gear addict

Very Nice!
3rd June 2012
Old 3rd June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM Library View Post

Hi Folks,

buckle up for the biggest BOOM Library we ever made. This 4 DVD collection offers more than 18 GB of the finest car SFX. We completely wired 10 everyday cars, rented a super-quiet test track for our recordings and are now proud to deliver really great and pristine long takes of drive-bys, car engine sounds, exhaust sounds and stereo interior recordings. We also give you a great selection of close handling sounds like switches, indicators, ventilation, handbrakes, basically everything we could find. Delivered in 96kHz/24bit.

Visit Boom Library - Sound Effects to learn more and see a list of the cars we recorded.

Release Date is July 2nd. Until then we have a big 25% pre-order discount.

http://soundcloud.com/boom-library/daily-cars

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
BOOM Library
Without a detailed track-listing It's a bit difficult to make a pre-order decision simply based on file size. Any details about track-configs and what car maneuvers are included?

4th June 2012
Old 4th June 2012
Gear interested

Hi apple-q,

we're currently editing the last two cars and will upload a detailed track list to the Cars product page soon.

We will post the link to this forum as soon as it's ready.

Best,
BOOM Library
4th June 2012
Old 4th June 2012
Gear interested

Hi,

a track list of "Cars" is now online.

Please click here and find the "Data Sheet" button below the description.

All the best,
BOOM Library
4th June 2012
Old 4th June 2012
Lives for gear

cool thanks!
4th June 2012
Old 4th June 2012
Gear addict

Hi boom. Nice.
When I saw this:
BMW 1 DRIVE Accelerate & Brake Fast ENGINE.wav
BMW 1 DRIVE Accelerate & Brake Fast EXHAUST.wav
BMW 1 DRIVE Accelerate & Brake Fast INSIDE.wav

Should I understand that it is 4 channel recording splited in 2 monos (en/exh) and one stereo interior? Is it something like it?

and related to the pass by
BMW 1 DRIVEBY Fast Omni.wav
BMW 1 DRIVEBY Fast SG.wav

those two are matched? What SG stands for?
Thanks!
5th June 2012
Old 5th June 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcutz View Post

and related to the pass by
BMW 1 DRIVEBY Fast Omni.wav
BMW 1 DRIVEBY Fast SG.wav

those two are matched? What SG stands for?
Thanks!
Probably Shotgun as opposed to Omni. It would be nice to know if the mics were stationary or panned with the car as it goes by.
5th June 2012
Old 5th June 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks boomers!

I would also like to know what models are equipped with diesel engines.
And I'm a little sad that there where no recordings of any hybrid cars. I would love to not have to fake them. But you can't win them all I guess...
5th June 2012
Old 5th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
Thanks boomers!

And I'm a little sad that there where no recordings of any hybrid cars. I would love to not have to fake them. But you can't win them all I guess...
New Sound Lab - Hybrid Electric Car

I will grab this boom library as well. We have been needing some fresh meat in this area for a LONG time.
5th June 2012
Old 5th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
Thanks boomers!

the a3 tdi is a diesel. all the others are regular fuel I think.
5th June 2012
Old 5th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsound View Post
Probably Shotgun as opposed to Omni. It would be nice to know if the mics were stationary or panned with the car as it goes by.

also: any low parking sequences and semi-distant slower maneuvres? those are usually very hard to cut since the libraries almost never cover them.

it seems like the boom lib pretty much covers the usual suspects. bys, approach, away, idle, revs.

any slower stuff or reverse parking sequences?
5th June 2012
Old 5th June 2012
Gear interested

Hi all,

thank you for your interest in our cars library. To answer your questions:

@rcutz: You're totally right. This is a multichannel (4 ch) recording. Two monos(en/ex) and one stereo track for the interior driving.

@jmsound: SG stands for Shotgun, that's correct. The mics were panned with the car.

@erikG: Good point. Thank you. We updated our Cars product page with this information. All cars except the Audi TDI are gasoline driven. Hybrid cars didn't exactly fit the specification "everyday cars" although they're more and more appearing on our streets. We think this can probably be an interesting library for the future.

@apple-q: You're right with your guess. As mentioned above, the Audi TDI is diesel, the other cars are gasoline driven. Regarding the slower stuff, for each car we have slow drive-bys, and slow stop and start maneuvers, same for reverse driving.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
BOOM Library
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
Gear addict

TONSTURM 07 | The Sound Of Water

TONSTURM 07 | The Sound Of Water
Hear water like you´ve never heard before!

Hey Everybody,
just wanted to inform you about our new release:

With TONSTURM 07 | The Sound Of Water you get 140 Soundfiles in Stereo, 24 Bit, 192 kHz. Over 4 GB of Data (@ 192 kHz) plus extra pitched down versions of the high resolution underwater recordings for convenience (aditional 2,47 GB).

With this soundpack you get a vast variety of deep, splashing, bubbling and bursting water sound effects. Everything recorded during extensive field recording sessions above and under the surface of water.
The underwater sound effects of this library were captured with the mind blowing, high quality underwater stereo recording rig from Sonar Surround: 2 x TC 4042 hydrophones in combination with the DS 20 Directivity Sphere Balls.

Recording Equipment:
2 x Sound Devices 702
2 x TC 4042, DS 20, RS2
Schoeps CCM41, CCM8 Combination

Available as:
192 kHz High Resolution
and
96 kHz Resolution

For more information please visit: www.tonsturm.com

UNDERWATER
http://soundcloud.com/tonsturm/tonsturm-07-the-sound-of
OVERWATER
http://soundcloud.com/tonsturm/tonsturm-07-the-sound-of-water
UNDERWATER PITCHED DOWN 50%
http://soundcloud.com/tonsturm/tonsturm-07-the-sound-of-1

Cheers!
Tilman
imdb
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Gear addict

That is some awesome stuff right there, Tilman. Bravo!

Will have to check out those Reson hydrophones.
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Gear addict

Hey Jaymz,
Tanks a lot! Yes These Mics are awesome!
They go from 5 Hz up to 85 kHz.
And you can call them noiseless.

Cheers,
Tilman
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to cjguitar Send a message via Skype™ to cjguitar
Man, at almost $5000 each, they better be good… Do they make anything else, like contact mics, etc.?
IMDB
10th June 2012
Old 10th June 2012
Gear addict

Not to my knowledge. But yes contact mics with such a low noisefloor and overall quality would be great as well. I will ask Timo next time about this. He is one of the founders of Sonar Surround.

I guess just because of those mics I will record everything underwater from now on. Foley, Birds, Cars... :-)
10th June 2012
Old 10th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilman View Post
Not to my knowledge. But yes contact mics with such a low noisefloor and overall quality would be great as well. I will ask Timo next time about this. He is one of the founders of Sonar Surround.

I guess just because of those mics I will record everything underwater from now on. Foley, Birds, Cars... :-)
just a bit of eq and everything will be back to normal
10th June 2012
Old 10th June 2012
Gear addict

Exactly !
17th June 2012
Old 17th June 2012
Gear Head

Send a message via AIM to colinhart
Don't Be a Hater, Hart a Gator!

This has been out for a few months already, but I just remembered that I never posted it here!

Alligators are fun, lovable cuddly creatures that roam the swamps and marshes of Florida like big, scaly, green teddy bears. Or wait, maybe I’m thinking of something else…

Let’s try that again…

Alligators are quiet, stealthy creatures that roam the swamps and marshes of Florida like big, scaly, green ninjas. You see one silently skimming along, then all of a sudden it disappears! They hardly make any sound either – except for this one time of year… mating season.

During mating season, gators all of a sudden decide to emerge from their quiet ninja state and let the world know how much of a sexy beast they are – or at least they try to let the female gators know about it.

A gator bellow is when a gator fills it’s lungs with air, then lifts it’s tail and head up into the air, and then forces the air out in a way that causes the entire gator to vibrate violently. This creates this really awesome little dancing of water off the gator’s back, and creates a crazy growl that can be quite frightening. It definitely gave me a new respect for these oversized lizards…

http://soundcloud.com/colin-hart/hart-a-gator-library-demo

Recorded at 192kHz With:
Sound Devices 744T
Neumann KMR81
Sanken CS-3e
Tascam DR-40 (96kHz Ambience)

Available here for $95.

Thanks!
www.sonic-terrain.com
27th June 2012
Old 27th June 2012
Gear addict

Send a message via Skype™ to johnsound
Hi folks,

Just a quick note to point you towards my two new effects libraries, with a 50% discount for the next month for Slutz.

Go here for details: http://www.johnleonard.co.uk/immersive.html

And use OFFER50 for the discount code.

Thanks,

John

Last edited by johnsound; 27th June 2012 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Added URL
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search