24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by renec View Post
and so it begins...
Haha, great pic!

renec - you're da man!

Be aware that, if they bring books, there will be a lot of page-turning to cut out. One of the "silent people" bg's I use regularly was recorded in the reading room of a library - it was great.... once I had cut out all the paper....

Oh, and maybe a tip: a colleague of mine provided me with a couple of nice "silent groups" backgrounds (too small groups to call them crowds, really ) - they were recorded in a convent, nuns in prayer/meditation..... Just thinking - those people are there, being quiet, anyway......
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Gear addict

Hi all
I just released a new sfx library today.
Metal Scrap

http://soundcloud.com/gimaudio/sonic-salute-scrapheap-demo/s-wTA84

Recorded at a constructor doing nothing but shredding, cutting, breaking and moving metal of all sorts, all day long.

This library include:
Large metallic objects and metal debris being drooped by huge cranes, into and onto various surfaces.
The end of the Conveyer belt, where the smaller pieces of metal junk fall onto a bigger pile af junk.
Lots of metallic destruction and impacts, huge and small.

Tracklist: Metal Scrap

All tracks named and Metadata tagged.

Recorded with a Sennheiser Mkh416, and an Ambient Ate208 Emesser microphone, on a Sounddevices 702 recorder.

97 decoded M/S to Stereo tracks, and 97 interleaved M/S tracks for $45.

Mikkel

SonicSalute Sfx Libraries
IMDB
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel Nielsen View Post

97 stereo files (194 MS files) 3 Gb of Metal Scrap, for $45.
Do you offer the MS recordings as interleaved as well?
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Gear Head

Send a message via MSN to samueljustice00
Quote:
Hi all
I just released a new sfx library today.
Metal Scrap

http://soundcloud.com/gimaudio/sonic-salute-scrapheap-demo/s-wTA84

Recorded at a constructor doing nothing but shredding, cutting, breaking and moving metal of all sorts, all day long.

This library include:
Large metallic objects and metal debris being drooped by huge cranes, into and onto various surfaces.
The end of the Conveyer belt, where the smaller pieces of metal junk fall onto a bigger pile af junk.
Lots of metallic destruction and impacts, huge and small.

Tracklist: Metal Scrap

All tracks named and Metadata tagged.

Recorded with a Sennheiser Mkh416, and an Ambient Ate208 Emesser microphone, on a Sounddevices 702 recorder.

97 stereo files (194 MS files) 3 Gb of Metal Scrap, for $45.

Hope you like it.
Hey Mikkel,
Just bought one of your libraries and had an issue downloading it, sent you an email about it.
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Gear addict

Im very sorry Sam.
I have send you an email with a new code.

Best wishes

Mikkel
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post
Do you offer the MS recordings as interleaved as well?
Hi apple-q
Thanks for asking.

The 97 stereo files are decoded versions of the 194 MS files.

Best wishes

Mikkel
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi apple-q
Thanks for asking.

The 97 stereo files are decoded versions of the 194 MS files.

Best wishes

Mikkel
I understand that but I'd prefer MS versions as interleaved files. i guess 194 MS files are split mono files equal to 97 interleaved MS files no? So why not offer the MS recordings as interleaved fles as well?
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Lives for gear

I agree. Its much easier to play with them if they are interleaved.

cheers
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Gear addict

Ok. Thanks for your suggestions, Im working on it.

Best wishes

Mikkel
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Gear Head

Send a message via MSN to samueljustice00
Quote:
Im very sorry Sam.
I have send you an email with a new code.

Best wishes

Mikkel
Thanks Mikkel, fantastic service.
29th January 2012
Old 29th January 2012
Gear addict

Thanks alot Sam. I appreciate it!

Best wishes

Mikkel
31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012
Gear addict

Hi all

My site is finally up and running again. My apologies to all who tried to visit.

Libraries having M/S files in them, are now having interleaved M/S files, as asked for.
The Metadata in each library, has been finetuned by Jesse Peterson. Thanks Jesse you saved my neck I owe you!

Metal Scrap
The Shipyard
Pigs FX
Footsteps Snow
Discount, 15% on the following 3 libraries:The Shipyard, Pigs FX, and Footsteps Snow, valid to February 10 2012.
Add Couponcode: WELCOME15

Please let me know if you got any questions, or problems at my site, or when dowloading!

Best wishes,

Mikkel
SonicSalute.com
IMDB
5th February 2012
Old 5th February 2012
Gear nut

Ultimate Ice 2 HD Pro SFX Library Released

Introducing Ultimate Ice 2 HD Pro Sound Effects Library, the long awaited sequel to Ultimate Ice HD Pro. Recorded over a three month period on the pristine ponds and lakes in North Idaho. This collection was also captured with crystal clear detail at 24-Bit 96kHz with the extended frequency range Sennheiser MKH-8040ST microphone. From the tiniest breaks to huge dispersion cracks on lakes hundreds of acres in size, this collection is sure to come in handy on your next sound design project.

All kinds and thicknesses of ice was recorded and at many different temperatures. It was kicked, cracked, hit with a sledgehammer, crushed into itself and smacked with heavy chunks of ice. Ice debris was dropped and tossed around at many locations for a unbeatable, multiple take set of crash effects. When all these styles of frozen water and air vapor are pitched around with your favorite audio mangling tool, you will be amazed at the broad spectrum of sounds that can be created with the ultra high frequency response of the microphones.

Also included is a generous selection of heavy boots walking, running, stomping and sliding on thick ice. The next Ice Age has begun.

Ultimate Ice 2 HD Pro • Files: 102 (315) • Zip Size: 838.0MB • Price: $50.00 US
6th February 2012
Old 6th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by renec View Post
Well, don't call me anything until we deliver.

A library like that would obv take a fair amount of experimentation to find out exactly where the best movement/stillness ratio lies for useable stuff.

Once that balance is figured out, it would then take a while to coordinate access to different crowds and venues in order to get the recordings.

That said, I've got some ideas on how to pull it off and I have a lot of unique access to venues and crowds through my peripheral contacts that I can tap into.

It isn't a library that could be created very quickly IMO, but it is a library that could be created.
Wow, count me in on a library like this. I can't count the number of times I've tried to build a courtroom scene or a library scene, and just couldn't find the right ambience. Definitely looking forward to hearing what comes of this.

Chris
6th February 2012
Old 6th February 2012
Lives for gear

It should be language-independent. So no english language that could be understandable. We can do it with walla groups or adrs later.
Do you think it'possible?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com
6th February 2012
Old 6th February 2012
Gear addict

to some degree it would. the nature of getting these types of recordings is that you're always going to be editing out 90% of what's been recorded in order to distill it down to just the "people being silent" parts.

As such, it'd be bad practice to throw away all of the great quad walla etc that I'll be catching in the same recordings. This means that the "silence" tracks will end up language agnostic because ideally no one will be speaking, but the walla parts will probably be English or Spanish language in my neck of the woods.

There's been slow progress on these recordings in recent weeks. I'm crunching on other projects, but this one is high on the "next up" list for me. Indoors I feel like I have handled. Outdoors will be a much greater challenge - maybe so much so that it would require more time and be released as a separate library.
7th February 2012
Old 7th February 2012
Lives for gear

Understand. I can always edit your file to get rid of unwanted spanish / english words.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

Hi
I'm pleased to announce the launch of Film Sound Effects.
This is a vintage sound effects library that I've been busy restoring and contains a huge variety of sound effects covering categories such as transport, atmospheres, weapons, crowds and more to come.
Originally set up by re recording mixer Gerry Humphreys (BladeRunner,The Italian Job) and sound recordist Peter Handford (Out of Africa,Hope and Glory) in 1966 and recorded by Peter on analogue Nagra, the entire library spans some 5,500 effects that are a wonderful example of his work.
I've been inspired to get this library released from all the great independent libraries in this thread and hope to continue adding more sound effects to this label in the near future.
http://soundcloud.com/fselibrary/birds
http://soundcloud.com/fselibrary/bells-alarms
Thanks.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear addict

@awalk - that's pretty cool!
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Gear nut

Thompson Machine Gun HD Pro SFX Library Released

Presenting The Thompson Machine Gun HD Professional Sound Effects Library, a multi-channel collection of 100 Broadcast WAV tracks recorded at 24-Bit 96kHz. The gun was recorded on two separate occasions. There was a session of shooting and foley and one extra interior foley session. The gun was recorded close up, medium and distant. The multiple channels gives you a broad selection of perspectives to choose from. Sound Designers like to create their own combinations so the individual microphone takes are included. All the multi-channel wav files are time aligned and in mono and stereo. Also included are customized mixes created here in the studio with a generous amount of combinations.

The interior mechanical sounds were recorded with two microphones (Sennheiser MHK-416 & MKH-8040) to give you different perspectives and tonal variations. Again the multi-channel foley wav files are time aligned. Both the original Auto-Ordinance Drum Magazine and Stick Magazine were recorded along with various handling and selector switches.

This Thompson is part of the late David Maytag (Maytag Appliances) gun collection. Originally purchased from the Cupertino Police Department in 1973 and had been in the Maytag gun collection since. Nicknamed the "Tommy Gun", the M1921 was famous throughout its career with police and criminals (during Prohibition) and in motion pictures. The gun has the original 50rd Auto-Ordinance Drum Magazine and one 20rd Stick Magazine.

Release Date: February 10, 2012
SKU: GNTG-01
Files: 100 (550)
Price: $35.00 For a limited time only save $10.00 by using coupon code: TOMMYGEE
Zip File Size: 300.9MB
Uncompressed Size: 380.4MB

Thompson Machine Gun HD Sound Effects Library
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahorecordist View Post
Thompson Machine Gun HD Pro SFX Library Released

Presenting The Thompson Machine Gun HD Professional Sound Effects Library, a multi-channel collection of 100 Broadcast WAV tracks recorded at 24-Bit 96kHz. The gun was recorded on two separate occasions. There was a session of shooting and foley and one extra interior foley session. The gun was recorded close up, medium and distant. The multiple channels gives you a broad selection of perspectives to choose from. Sound Designers like to create their own combinations so the individual microphone takes are included. All the multi-channel wav files are time aligned and in mono and stereo. Also included are customized mixes created here in the studio with a generous amount of combinations.

The interior mechanical sounds were recorded with two microphones (Sennheiser MHK-416 & MKH-8040) to give you different perspectives and tonal variations. Again the multi-channel foley wav files are time aligned. Both the original Auto-Ordinance Drum Magazine and Stick Magazine were recorded along with various handling and selector switches.

This Thompson is part of the late David Maytag (Maytag Appliances) gun collection. Originally purchased from the Cupertino Police Department in 1973 and had been in the Maytag gun collection since. Nicknamed the "Tommy Gun", the M1921 was famous throughout its career with police and criminals (during Prohibition) and in motion pictures. The gun has the original 50rd Auto-Ordinance Drum Magazine and one 20rd Stick Magazine.

Release Date: February 10, 2012
SKU: GNTG-01
Files: 100 (550)
Price: $35.00 For a limited time only save $10.00 by using coupon code: TOMMYGEE
Zip File Size: 300.9MB
Uncompressed Size: 380.4MB

Thompson Machine Gun HD Sound Effects Library
this is a stupid, bad business comment on my behalf to make, but I have to say this is one of the best recordings of the Thompson I have ever heard. I have recorded that gun on 5 different occasions, and I have to say that Frank SO nailed its essence, that anyone needing gun sounds would be an absolute fool not to get this- and his M60....

they are really THAT good.....

your resident weapons maven,

Charles Maynes

“Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.”
? Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
this is a stupid, bad business comment on my behalf to make, but I have to say this is one of the best recordings of the Thompson I have ever heard. I have recorded that gun on 5 different occasions, and I have to say that Frank SO nailed its essence, that anyone needing gun sounds would be an absolute fool not to get this- and his M60....

they are really THAT good.....

your resident weapons maven,

Charles Maynes
Charles,

Thanks so much for the very kind words. Coming from you, that means a lot to me. You are always an inspiration and my respect for you runs deep.

Sincerely,

Frank
21st February 2012
Old 21st February 2012
Gear Head

REA_009 Antique Engines Release

REA009 Antique Engines | Rabbit Ears Audio

REA_009 is a collection of stationary antique engines (both steam and gas) that were used for DC power generation. At the turn of the century before electricity was widely available, these engines were used to provide energy to water plants, factories, farms, and just about anything that needed power. These contraptions are a gold mine of mechanical sounds: steam chuffs, exhaust puffs, whirrs, whines, and bangs.

Antique Engines features over 11 machines from the turn of the century that will fill all of your gas and steam powered needs. Many of the larger engines were recorded with at least 4 channels so different parts of the engines can be emphasized to taste. The Engines were recorded with the following pieces of gear: Sennheiser MKH30/40, Sennheiser MKH 60, Schoeps MK4/MK8, Sanken CUB-01, Cooper CS-104, Sound Devices 744T.

Thanks for your interest!

Michael
22nd February 2012
Old 22nd February 2012
Gear interested

Jordan Fehr FX Feb Sale

Greetings all;

I am having a sale on JordanFehrFX for no reason until Friday at Midnight.

All 3 of my libraries are 15% off using the code: JFFXFEBSALE

Visit: jordanfehrfx.posterous.com

Thanks!
24th February 2012
Old 24th February 2012
Gear interested

Surround sound library?

Hi,

I need your advice: I'm doing some surround stuff (trailers, games) and I'm wondering if it would make sense to release a surround sound library?

I thought about a library for blenders, whooshes, slides, rises, stingers in movies, games, trailers, logos etc in 5.0.

The library would contain, for example, a blender with 5 wav tracks (front left, center, front right, rear left, rear right). It would go maybe from the front to the rear. Sounddesigners could use this to compose fly-bys, movements, blender etc. You can easily copy the whole 5 track blender to your project.
Of course the library would contain different variations of the surrounding blenders (variations in length, from left to right, back to front, timbre etc.)
On top you would get a so called construction kit with the single, undesigned files in mono (or stereo?) to build your own surrounding blenders.

What do you think? Does this make sense or is this pure rubbish? Would you add a separate LFE-track?

Many thanks and sorry for my bad English.
27th February 2012
Old 27th February 2012
Gear nut

Wow, these libraries look awesome. Have to try them...
28th February 2012
Old 28th February 2012
Gear maniac

We have just released SFX Collection 02

The library is great for move trailer sound effects, cinematic impacts, tension building effects etc.

Audio Demo

http://soundcloud.com/wave-alchemy/sfx-collection-02-sounds-demo

As always, we are offering a generous free pack for those who would like a taster of what to expect from the full library. Click HERE to download 60 free sound effects from the full collection

What’s included in the collection?

Impacts – 55 enormous collisions, sub bombs and multi layered, expressive impacts

Cinematic Slams – 68 apocalyptic slams, epic crashes and cinematic explosions

Cymbal FX - 58 uniquely processed crash effects, other worldly-gongs and mutated cymbals

Uplifters – 64 risers, lifters and hair-raising ascents. Including complex granular risers, brutal uplifters, multi-layered tonal sweeps and epic tension builders

Downshifters – 55 down-sweeps, falls and descenders. Including bottomless descents, uniquely processed tonal falls and hugely complex down-shifts

Noise Tools – 83 processed white noise effects including intense build-ups, washed out sweeps, spinning dopplers and heavily mutated noise effects. Noise Tools have been created with unique sounding instruments such as the Oberheim OB8, Roland Jupiter 8 and Korg MS-20. These source sounds have been creatively treated through a wealth of analogue filters, experimental effects chains and various re-synthesis methods

Risers & Falls – 55 pressure building sweeps and drop down FX, perfect for creating tension within your mix

• Soundscapes & Ambience – 26 textural ambiences, evolving sound beds, alien landscapes and glitchy backdrops

Synth Impacts & Stabs – 23 synthesized impacts, paranormal collisions and deep metallic slams

Twisted Transition FX – 91 heavily processed and truly creative transition sounds including morphing granular effects, transformed foley recordings, undulated Doppler FX, spectral trickery and all manner of other sonic destruction!

Analogue Synth FX – 247 extremely raw sounding audio effects which have been created using our extensive collection of high-end analogue studio equipment. Divided into sub categories such as ‘bass drops’ ‘jupiter 8 fx’ ‘miscellaneous’ and ‘noise’ this folder hosts a vast selection of powerful ‘dry’ analogue FX material – great for layering, further effecting and creating your own unique sound effects from! Expect huge dubstep style bass drops, subs and power downs, monstrous Jupiter 8 FX workouts, experimental bleeps and drones and a huge selection of powerful filtered noise sweeps and atmospheres

More info: SFX Collection 02 | Sample CDs & Sample Packs - Wave Alchemy

http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear nut

Ultimate Ice 2.5 HD Pro Sound Effects Library is a small 24-Bit 96kHz addition to Ultimate Ice 2.0 with some BIG ice cracks and impacts from a perfectly round lake in North Idaho. Also included are fast ripping ice cracks from another 800 acre lake a short distance from Round Lake and some special designed ice sounds from here in the studio.

The extreme low frequency nature of some of these ice recordings are perfect for LFE tracks and as additional elements layered in with higher pitch cracks.

Because of the unpredictable nature of the temperature fluctuations on any given lake, these sounds were recorded after the initial release of Ultimate Ice 2.0. If it was at all possible I would have set up a camp (complete with a home theater and a bottle of Oban) on the lake and waited the fluctuations out but given the dangerous nature of living on lake ice, I could not.

Recorded above the ice with a Sennheiser MKH-8040ST microphone rig to capture the large ice temperature fluctuations like only the 8040ST can do… down below 20hz.

Thanks! -Frank

Ultimate Ice 2.5 HD Pro Sound Effects Library
16th March 2012
Old 16th March 2012
Gear interested

New BOOM Library SFX Library - DOGS

Hi Folks,

we have just released our brand new SFX library "DOGS".

This massive Dogs sound effects library comes in 196kHz/24bit and it weighs 7GB - and this only for the 196kHz files. We also included 48kHz files.

What can you excpect? You get the full range from small to huge, from young to old, from tiny whining to aggressive barking. Look forward to tons of growls, snarls, moans, barks, scratching, drinking, panting, eating and much more. Whether it’s the friendly Border Collie or the impressive Doberman, this library gives you the full flexibility for designing really authentic dog sound effects or some bad-ass creatures from another planet. It goes hand-in-hand with our other animal libraries "Creatures" and "Wildcats - Tigers & Lions".

AUDIO DEMO
http://soundcloud.com/boom-library/dogs

We think this is a really great dogs SFX library and a perfect and fresh addition to your private SFX collection. Our sound designers are using this library constantly for the projects they're currently working on and they love it.

Take a deeper look at www.boomlibrary.com and if you plan to purchase this great SFX library, you can use this promo code to get a 10% discount in our online store: GRSLTZ-DOGS10

All the best,
BOOM Library
12th April 2012
Old 12th April 2012
Gear addict

Hey there!

just wanted to let you know that we released our new sound effect pack:

TONSTURM 06 Clocks

http://soundcloud.com/tonsturm/tonsturm-06-clocks-soundcloud

This sound pack you get a huge variety of ticking and chiming clock sound effects, recorded from various type of clocks:
Old tower clockworks, grandfather clocks, mantel clocks, alarm clocks, cuckoo clocks, electrical clocks, pendulum clocks and timer clocks.
As always we experimented with different kind of microphone setups. In addition to our Schoeps and Sennheiser setups
we also used a very sensitive Schertler piezo microphone to capture the sound directly from the body of the clocks.

With TONSTURM 06 | Clocks you get 142 Soundfiles in Stereo @ 96 kHz, 24 Bit. 6,42 GB of Data.

[B]We offer an introductory price until the 25th of April 2012!
To find out more please visit: www.tonsturm.com

Cheers,
Tilman
imdb
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search