Login / Register

New Sound FX Library releases
New Reply
Subscribe
15th December 2011
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear

David Parker recorded some great stuff during a silent film showing at Pacific Film archive.
I wonder if it made it into the Amedus library that was sold off by SZFC. (Sound Ideas?)
15th December 2011
Old 15th December 2011
Gear Guru

I will have to check Larry- thanks!!
15th December 2011
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by renec View Post
thanks guys.

Now to start working on that "crowds standing still" library for Charles...
Great! Charles is right, quiet crowds do seem to be pretty sparse in the library world (no pun intended). I needed a bunch of that for a seminar scene recently, and if I hadn't been fortunate enough to requisition my daughter's a cappella singing group for some group walla, I'd have been hosed. Forge on! (and do it in 4.0 )
16th December 2011
Old 16th December 2011
Gear maniac

Can't help with the crowds, sorry - we all mess with our vowels too much in this country to be any help....
but if you need to blast those quiet crowds with a ray gun or something I might be able to help!

SPRINGS is a new library of.... well.... springs!
Struck, bowed, bent out of shape, crashed, twisted, bounced and

SD010 SPRINGS | HISS and a ROAR

16th December 2011
Old 16th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbasshead View Post
yeah you got that right..... I do want Tim.....
16th December 2011
Old 16th December 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmccoy View Post
Great! Charles is right, quiet crowds do seem to be pretty sparse in the library world (no pun intended). <...> Forge on!
Sooooooo true.... *sigh*

Renec - if you were serious in your post about making a silent crowd collection, please, please keep us updated.

If not...... for once, I'm willing to beg!!!
16th December 2011
Old 16th December 2011
Gear addict

I'm completely into it.

what sized rooms are you guys thinking of?
16th December 2011
Old 16th December 2011
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to cjguitar Send a message via Skype™ to cjguitar
Wow Tim! Incredible stuff! That's a goldmine of source material for sound design, etc. I'll probably be getting that collection very soon.
IMDB
16th December 2011
Old 16th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm completely into it.

I think you should do big and small sizes and also perspectives from inside the crowd and outside the crowd. Different sound depending on where you are positioned.
19th December 2011
Old 19th December 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
I'm completely into it.
Wow - I may have to start calling you Father Christmas now, renec.... ;D

My biggest problem is usually medium to large sized rooms:

* speeching (party- or funeral-... had both this week ) in a loungebar-style place, prolly something like 12m by 8m... about 8 to 12 listeners (budget cuts - skimping on extras, so not a lot of folks turn up for their parties these days ). Both sitting down and standing up....
* had a smallish courtroom recently, about 15 people.... problem was, it was actually pretty dry for its size, funnily enough....
* the worst: weddings at the town hall: medium room with carpets and wood panelling, mayor speeching; anything between 5 and 15 peeps sitting in and listening, pretty close to camera. Nightmare with the null atmos I have available. Managed to save the day with a bit of leather and wood sound (supposedly from the chairs they were sitting on).

Exteriors: bystanders at accidents, crime scenes etc. Fine when the extras are a bit lively, so you can get away with a voice or two, but when they're just standing there and watching, on close cam.... argh.

The above is just to give you an idea. To sum it up: for me personally, the biggest prob smallish groups, in medium size locations, and as JSt0rm said, in different perspectives.

But hey, I'll be happy with anything I can get, so please go with the majority - larger groups will probably be in great demand for others, as will large rooms and halls.
And I'm an easy adapter.

Thanks, Father Xmas!
19th December 2011
Old 19th December 2011
Gear addict

Well, don't call me anything until we deliver.

A library like that would obv take a fair amount of experimentation to find out exactly where the best movement/stillness ratio lies for useable stuff.

Once that balance is figured out, it would then take a while to coordinate access to different crowds and venues in order to get the recordings.

That said, I've got some ideas on how to pull it off and I have a lot of unique access to venues and crowds through my peripheral contacts that I can tap into.

It isn't a library that could be created very quickly IMO, but it is a library that could be created.
19th December 2011
Old 19th December 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Well, don't call me anything until we deliver.
lol - well, the sheer idea that you would even attempt the task ranks you pretty high on my name-calling list - positive ones, that is.

But you're right, deffo a difficult and time-comsuming job....
No worries, I for one have battled on for many a year (never ask a lady her age ) with what I can get hold of - so take your time.
Happy anticipation is highly underrated.
19th December 2011
Old 19th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
thanks guys.

Now to start working on that "crowds standing still" library for Charles...
What a coincidence, I just recorded some at my daughter's middle school winter concert. Essentially I just edited together all the dead air in between songs...there was about a 10-15 second gap each time.

It was hard explaining to other parents why it was such a valuable recording!
23rd December 2011
Old 23rd December 2011
Gear Head

Free Flamethrower SFX by BOOM Library

Hi,

yesterday we released a cool video with an awesome DIY-Flamethrower:

Today, we're releasing the SFX-Pack for free.

Visit Boom Library - Sound Effects, head over to the advent calendar and grab your SFX.

Enjoy and happy holidays,
BOOM!
24th December 2011
Old 24th December 2011
Gear nut

There are some really great libraries posted here, which are really great for games and movie FX ! Thanks guys, there is a lot of stuff I have been looking for in the above listings.

For some small game title I'm looking for some animal (may be comic style or voice acted) sounds for a bunch creatures and animals. These will accompany some cartoonish styled animals based on some themes. The first themes are farm and jungle.

Does anybody know some good (affordable) libraries on this type of fx ?

Merry Christmas to all !
25th December 2011
Old 25th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Langer View Post
Hi,

yesterday we released a cool video with an awesome DIY-Flamethrower:

Today, we're releasing the SFX-Pack for free.

Visit Boom Library - Sound Effects, head over to the advent calendar and grab your SFX.

Enjoy and happy holidays,
BOOM!
Thanks pierre for the xmas gift

And thanks to the other libraries that passed out gifts via email!

happy holidays!
25th December 2011
Old 25th December 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 View Post

For some small game title I'm looking for some animal (may be comic style or voice acted) sounds for a bunch creatures and animals. These will accompany some cartoonish styled animals based on some themes. The first themes are farm and jungle.

Coll Anderson has a killer pigs library.
http://www.casoundinc.com/wp/?page_id=143

he's also got a nice dogs library that can be bent around for creatures.
http://www.casoundinc.com/wp/?page_id=125
27th December 2011
Old 27th December 2011
Gear Head

Creatures and Animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 View Post
There are some really great libraries posted here, which are really great for games and movie FX ! Thanks guys, there is a lot of stuff I have been looking for in the above listings.

Merry Christmas to all !
Hi Eagle007,

if you're looking for some cool animal or creature SFX, you should check this out. We have two libraries that are perfect for designing animals and creatures.

WILDCATS 196kHz, 24bit

http://soundcloud.com/boom-library/wildcats-tigers-lions

CREATURES 96kHz, 24bit

http://soundcloud.com/boom-library/creatures-construction-kit
http://soundcloud.com/boom-library/creatures-designed-demo

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us: service(AT)boomlibrary.com or visit www.boomlibrary.com

Best
27th December 2011
Old 27th December 2011
Gear Head

3rd January 2012
Old 3rd January 2012
Gear nut

Presenting North Country Trains HD Professional Sound Effects Library. 117 High Definition diesel train beasts from the wilds of North Idaho. Recorded at 24Bit 96kHz at various locations in the pristine panhandle of Idaho.

Included in this collection are pass bys with and without horns, cranky rail car movements, under bridge perspectives, slack take up metal impacts, screeching wheels, locomotive engines, horn blasts and much more.
Many perspectives were captured to give you a wide variety of source to work with. Recorded almost entirely with the Sennheiser MKH-8040ST microphone for incredible low and high frequency sound design flexibility. On occasion a Sony PCM-D1 and D-50 were used on the “oops, I forgot to bring my Sennheiser MKH-8040ST” recording sessions.

My goal in creating this sound library was to capture the “essence” of the trains as they made their journey though North Idaho. The combination of the diesel engines, electric motors, wheels and friction against the rails creates an amazing sound that’s unique for every train. The trains in this set can be used for more than just simple train sound editing, they can also be twisted around to create metal bridge collapses, cargo ships sinking, spacecraft bys and hums, etc. The slack take up impacts are perfect for augmenting an explosion, gigantic robot footsteps or futuristic door slams.

I logged over 200 hours during a 2 month period traveling around with my gear chasing trains. I never really knew when a train or multiple trains were going to be passing through the area and sitting and waiting in the freezing cold temperatures for hours on end was an experience to say the least. After a while I began to notice a pattern around midday when the four railroad corporations train beasts were going to converge in town. On some days, I also could hear the distant horns when it was whisper quiet and jump in the SUV and beat them to my favorite locations and quickly set my gear up. In the end, it was worth all the time and missed trains because I had a great time, learned a lot and met some great railroad workers.

http://soundcloud.com/therecordist/north-country-trains-hd-pro

Files: 117 • Size: 6.82GB • Price: $100.00 USD, Save $25 by using this code at checkout: TRAINTRAX

North Country Trains HD Pro
4th January 2012
Old 4th January 2012
Gear Head

Send a message via MSN to samueljustice00
Does anyone have a library of fine debris sounds (not fine as in good quality, fine as in almost sand like). It takes a lot of effort to get good recordings of this and you can never have enough!
7th January 2012
Old 7th January 2012
Gear interested

We've just released out latest pack AAS-005 Rivers.

‘AAS-005 Rivers ’ is a pack containing 11 recordings of different sections of the River Aled in North Wales and features Gurgles, Pools, White Water, Trickles and more. AAS-005 offers subtle but noticeable variations over each file to allow the sounds to be blended and evolved using the different sections of the river.

You can find the full retail pack (£6/$10ish) here: Arrowhead Audio - AAS-005

http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/31268768

Cheers
8th January 2012
Old 8th January 2012
Gear addict

and so it begins...
Attached Thumbnails
New Sound FX Library releases-mics-w-crowd-1.jpg   New Sound FX Library releases-mics-w-crowd-2.jpg  
8th January 2012
Old 8th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
and so it begins...
Cool! What a weird assignment, huh? WANTED: Lots of people to come in and do absolutely nothing.
8th January 2012
Old 8th January 2012
Gear interested

Renec looking forward to hearing the final outcome! Could be very useful when loop group isn't in the budget.
8th January 2012
Old 8th January 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmccoy View Post
Cool! What a weird assignment, huh? WANTED: Lots of people to come in and do absolutely nothing.
yeah, that's going to be the tricky part for phase 2 of this. I think I'll have everyone bring a book to read.

Also, I put these recordings through the speakers as soon as I was done and they sounded freaking great IMO. Stereo's officially out of style. Quad or mono ftw!
9th January 2012
Old 9th January 2012
Gear Head

Send a message via MSN to samueljustice00
Quote:
yeah, that's going to be the tricky part for phase 2 of this. I think I'll have everyone bring a book to read.

Also, I put these recordings through the speakers as soon as I was done and they sounded freaking great IMO. Stereo's officially out of style. Quad or mono ftw!
You never fail to deliver dude!
14th January 2012
Old 14th January 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbasshead View Post
Can't help with the crowds, sorry - we all mess with our vowels too much in this country to be any help....
but if you need to blast those quiet crowds with a ray gun or something I might be able to help!

SPRINGS is a new library of.... well.... springs!
Struck, bowed, bent out of shape, crashed, twisted, bounced and

SD010 SPRINGS | HISS and a ROAR

I really need/want this, asap! Great work as usual.
18th January 2012
Old 18th January 2012
Gear nut

Ultimate Rockslide 2 HD Pro Sound Effects Library Released

Presenting Ultimate Rockslide 2 HD Pro Sound Effects Library. This collection from The Recordist contains 750 24bit/96kHz rock and dirt sound effects on 115 Broadcast WAV files with detailed Metadata embedded.

This sequel to Ultimate Rockslide contains brand new rock based sound effects and multi-microphone files with tons of dirt and sand debris sounds recorded close up and distant to give the sound designer ample options. The multi-perspective files are also time aligned and grouped for easy access and auditioning. Most tracks contain many variations and performances for sound design flexibility.

Included in this collection are:
Large, medium and small rocks with tons of dirt debris – Gritty rocks off a cliff – Moist and dry dirt falling – Sand based debris sprays – Gravel dumped on wood boxes and platforms – Extended foley actions such as scraping, dropping, hitting, movement and much more.

Recorded with a set of extended frequency response microphones, the heavy weight and the subtle details of the rocks stand up to heavy layering and pitch manipulation This is the next generation of rockslides. -Frank

Files: 115 (750) • Zip Size: 1.0GB • Price: $75.00 US

Ultimate Rockslide 2 HD Pro
23rd January 2012
Old 23rd January 2012
Gear addict

Hi all
Im really exited to say, that I released my sfx site today SONICSALUTE.COM
and with it, 3 libraries, all 96K 24 bit.

The Shipyard: big containers, even bigger cranes, trucks and straddle carriers passing by and picking up containers, alarms going off, and crew working. Both Stereo and MS interleaved files. $45
http://soundcloud.com/gimaudio/sonic-salute-the-shipyard-demo
Buy now:TheShipyard

Footsteps Snow: 25 minutes of walk in snowy conditions. All sorts of snow, from thin to deep, crusty and hard packed, frozen stairs and porches, scuffs and stomps. Mono files. $45
http://soundcloud.com/gimaudio/sonic-salute-footsteps-snow-1
Buy now:Footsteps Snow

And finally

Pigs FX:All the oink you´ll ever need. Recorded during 2 days at a pigfarm housing 1000 pigs. From very small piglets to big and scary adult ones. From pigs just chilling out in the pen, to pigs freaking out when being picked up by truck.
Squeals, grunts, breaths, sneezes, barks. Stereo and Mono files. $45
http://soundcloud.com/gimaudio/sonic-salute-pigs-demo-1
Buy now:Pigs FX

You receive a 15% discount on each of the above libraries, by adding the coupon code: WELCOME15
when you check out. This discount is valid until February 10, 2012.

Starting this site has been a great adventure for me so far. Its my goal to bring alot of new sounds during this winter. Got some new libraries in the making already.
I got a newsletter coming soon, that you can sign up for at the site. This will bring some stories behind the tracks, news on new libraries etc.

Best wishes and thanks alot

Mikkel Nielsen
SONICSALUTE.COM
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search