SFX application
nop
25th May 2007
Old 25th May 2007
Gear interested

SFX application

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I just start my career in editing sfx about a year. I would like to purchase the sfx application to do my personal job (the small version). My office've been using NetMix Pro. I like it a lot but I heard about Soundminer which is great as well. so I think I need some recomendation from you guys who have experienc on both of them. Thanks (sorry for my bad english)
25th May 2007
Old 25th May 2007
Gear maniac

Soundminer is really speeding up my SFX editing. It's taking some time to get all of my effects ripped and cataloged but once they are in there, it's great. I'm using V4 Pro. Love the search functionality, ability to pitch right there in the app, spot to pro Tools, and even apply VST plugins. It's highly customizable as well. Only things is, it's not super cheap. But, if cutting FX is what you do, the price is easily justified.

Other programs may be great as well. This is the first one I've used. Before that I had my own rudimentary system for searching and organizing FX.

Steve
nop
30th May 2007
Old 30th May 2007
Gear interested

Could you please compare between Soundminor and NetMix?
30th May 2007
Old 30th May 2007
Gear maniac

I have Sound Miner at both work and at my home studio. It definately speeds up sound design and FX work in post production. It is very easy to search for the right effect and and save your effects on a per project basis. Most of the major music libairies have now adopted the Sound Miner format where they have all of their cues ripped for SM on hard drives. Sound Miner makes it easy to pick music cues and spot them directly to your timeline. No more searching through hundreds of CDs.

On a side note, there customer service is unbelievable. I just purchased the update to Sound Miner V4 and I was having trouble with one aspect. They immediately solved the problem for me. +1 for Sound Miner
nop
31st May 2007
Old 31st May 2007
Gear interested

Thanks for your information.

Nobody using NetMix?

I think I might go with small version first. What is the missing thing in the small one?
31st May 2007
Old 31st May 2007
Gear maniac

I would go for Soundminer Pro. Metadata editing, VST effects processing, etc. are all worth the extra money in my opinion. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Steve
17th October 2008
Old 17th October 2008
Gear interested

Hey i have been using sound miner since it came out a few years ago and i would strongly reccomend it to anyone.It is stable and if money is tight i would just go for SoundMiner LE which is fine if you just want to find tag and import your sound files into your DAW system .it had vastly speeded up my workflow and i have never had any problems at all with it crashing etc etc .
17th October 2008
Old 17th October 2008
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

17th October 2008
Old 17th October 2008
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
If you're on PC, check out Basehead, at BaseHead Inc.
Basehead is a great app. Big time saver
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search