rack gear
18th November 2011
Old 18th November 2011
Gear Guru

Mercedes Benz Supports Piracy

10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Geariophile

Looks like an astoundingly dumb judgement from here. Not sure how whoever decided that thought it would be a great idea.......may it backfire royally and make a noticable mess of their image. Seems to already, looking at the commentary.....
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack gear View Post
Digital Music News - Grooveshark Has a Huge New Backer: Mercedes-Benz...

guess who's car I won't be buying... looks like I'll be sticking with BMW and Porsche...
I see lots of Mercedes Benz's in the executive parking lots at WB,Disney, FOX, Universal and Sony....

I wonder if this will change their car buying preferences....

chances are, it wont.
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
I see lots of Mercedes Benz's in the executive parking lots at WB,Disney, FOX, Universal and Sony....

I wonder if this will change their car buying preferences....

chances are, it wont.
No, it won't. Not yet. Bankers won't suddenly develop new moralities and forget about the big bonus hunt and status gaming either. Scorpion stays a scorpion.
But maybe the greater mass of opinion can slowly shift toward a bit more morality, and the commentary on that page reads like it can. Which in my mind will make a nicer reality. And maybe slowly will affect the bonus and status hunters eventually. At least to some extent, as one side of their being is about what people think of them, while the other, being about plain power might not be affected at all......scorpion stays a scorpion.
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Gear Guru

in my experience the scorpion stays a scorpion.....
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Geariophile

Quote:
in my experience the scorpion stays a scorpion.....
Sure does, but all those other more flexible, context dependent flag in the wind wanna be seen to 'look right' types change, and they're in the majority.........
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Sure does, but all those other more flexible, context dependent flag in the wind wanna be seen to 'look right' types change, and they're in the majority.........
I work on studio lots a lot.

I dont see that. I usually see people who are concerned with their own success. That appears to always be priority one, even above loyalty to their patrons.
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah, right, the Merc drivers of the world, being soo many, are steering the theft aspirations of so many bedroom surfers.
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Geariophile

Quote:
I work on studio lots a lot.

I dont see that. I usually see people who are concerned with their own success. That appears to always be priority one, even above loyalty to their patrons.
Of course. It hasn't happened yet. I'm referring to the wind changing so those exact people measure their success a little differently, as much of it is built on what other people think of them/how other people see them. The biggest if not only reason to drive a Merc anyhow. So if being seen in one suddenly gets embarrasing and a symbol of being a theft supporting arsehole........admittedly the wind would have to change a lot, plus the actual scorpions built more on plain power and not really giving a f*** what others think of them will not change at all.

But this whole piracy thing and our world wide banking crisis pretty much combine to a climate that questions a lot of previously unquestioned stuff. So some sort of change/growth in the greater morality being a result once the wind is through isn't such a strange thought in the context. Whatever you call it. Call it morality might become fashionable for a while, if you will. ...
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Geariophile

P.S. Why do you think all those Toyota Priuses magically appeared?
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
P.S. Why do you think all those Toyota Priuses magically appeared?
there are WAY more Benzs.... Prius are really only a status symbol for those who want to project "hip" not those who want to project "rich".

However, I am seeing more Tesla's.....
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Lives for gear

10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Ladd View Post
Well, here's one person that won't be flipping his 2009 MDX for a Mercedes SUV...I was literally heading down to the Mercedes-Benz Manhattan today to have a pow-wow on price out the door...

Think Audi or BMW will be happy to take my car and ca$h for one of their upscale SUVs?
Gary, You should inform them of the reason you are NOT spending money there-
10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Lives for gear

10th December 2011
Old 10th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Ladd View Post
I will, when they call to ask why I missed the appointment
very good.....
Search this Thread