Login / Register

Save the music industry/Help economy - End Piracy!
Subscribe
8th December 2011
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
yeah maybe when I have a free few years I can browse the catalogs of the 10000 other artists on itunes to see if they have exceptions as well....
by my guest, no doubt you'll find a few more exceptions, but it still won't make it the rule, knock yourself out. not sure why you are obsessing over this - if you make an album today and try to upload it, album only, it's not gonna happen... but go ahead and try, and let me know how that works out for you.
8th December 2011
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack gear View Post
by my guest, no doubt you'll find a few more exceptions, but it still won't make it the rule, knock yourself out. not sure why you are obsessing over this - if you make an album today and try to upload it, album only, it's not gonna happen... but go ahead and try, and let me know how that works out for you.
yeah I guess in the 1 minute I spent looking at Harry Connick Jr's albums I found 2 more-

Well, back to work-

“Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.”
? Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
8th December 2011
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
yeah I guess in the 1 minute I spent looking at Harry Connick Jr's albums I found 2 more-

Well, back to work-
and let me guess... they fit the description of what I described... those aren't really exceptions, Itunes has a policy, it's that simple. none of this is random. again, not sure why you are obsessing over this - if you make an album today and try to upload it, album only, it's not gonna happen... but go ahead and try, and let me know how that works out for you.
8th December 2011
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
and let me guess... they fit the description of what I described... those aren't really exceptions, Itunes has a policy, it's that simple. none of this is random. again, not sure why you are obsessing over this - if you make an album today and try to upload it, album only, it's not gonna happen... but go ahead and try, and let me know how that works out for you.
the average itunes customer is pretty much insulated from the details of those nuances though.
8th December 2011
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
the average itunes customer is pretty much insulated from the details of those nuances though.
how so? they have the choice to buy albums or songs on the vast majority of titles, very few albums in itunes are album only, in their entirety, in the rare exceptions that exist there are selected single songs on an album that trigger an album only purchase.

again, not sure why you are obsessed with this... if you upload an album, the songs will be ala carte... but feel free to prove me wrong...
8th December 2011
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
how so? they have the choice to buy albums or songs on the vast majority of titles, very few albums in itunes are album only, in their entirety, in the rare exceptions that exist there are selected single songs on an album that trigger an album only purchase.

again, not sure why you are obsessed with this... if you upload an album, the songs will be ala carte... but feel free to prove me wrong...
you know I am willing to concede the point, and I agree with you that artists should be allowed to do album only sales.

there are obviously many instances of itunes where the numerical count of songs on an album compel its purchase as well- I dont know if thats a reasonable option, but, it is what it is.
9th December 2011
Old 9th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
yeah maybe when I have a free few years I can browse the catalogs of the 10000 other artists on itunes to see if they have exceptions as well....
Let's see....... Bob Dylan - "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands"; The Grateful Dead - "Dark Star" (live version), Iron Butterfly - Inna Gadda Da Vida" (uncut album version)..... I can probably think of a few more............ really long songs.
All opinions expressed in my posts are solely my own: I do not represent any other forums (of which I may or may not be a member), groups, or individuals although at times my views may resemble those of other entities.

Inside every old man is a young man wondering WTF happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
9th December 2011
Old 9th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
Let's see....... Bob Dylan - "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands"; The Grateful Dead - "Dark Star" (live version), Iron Butterfly - Inna Gadda Da Vida" (uncut album version)..... I can probably think of a few more............ really long songs.
I was trying to avoid the really long songs actually.....
9th December 2011
Old 9th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Which has exactly what bearing on this conversation?
9th December 2011
Old 9th December 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
Which has exactly what bearing on this conversation?
it was in the thread.... no sense in repeating it.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search