Login / Register
 
Musicians Vs. EFF, finally!
Subscribe
rack gear
Thread Starter
#1
30th October 2011
Old 30th October 2011
  #1
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
Musicians Vs. EFF, finally!

'Blacklist Bill' Would 'Effectively Eliminate' the DMCA... - Digital Music News

I'm encouraged by the user comments following this editorial by an EFF lawyer. Musicians are FINALLY learning that Google, the EFF and big tech are not their friends and the reason why artists today will not have sustainable careers!

Artists and Musicians are finally waking up to the fact that the EFF is a schill for big tech and nothing more. The EFF is really scared right now, if these new bills pass into law, there goes their meal ticket.
#2
30th October 2011
Old 30th October 2011
  #2
Gear Guru
 
chrisso's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 23,831

chrisso is offline
Sad to see this still being trotted out as the main evidence:
Quote:
I don't have time to list the dozen+ gov and academic studies that show positive correlations to p2p use and increased media buying. Perhaps you should be getting your information from studies not funded or touted by the RIAA/IFPI?
Then read Oberholzer-Gee, F. & Strumpf, K. (2007).
rack gear
Thread Starter
#3
30th October 2011
Old 30th October 2011
  #3
Gear Guru
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: the big rack
Posts: 11,248

Thread Starter
rack gear is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Sad to see this still being trotted out as the main evidence:
considering that, that report has been openly debonked, and even Oberholzer-Gee, F. & Strumpf had to revise their findings!
#4
30th October 2011
Old 30th October 2011
  #4
Lives for gear
 
AwwDeOhh's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: State of Insomnia, sleepless USA
Posts: 2,550

AwwDeOhh is offline
"digital music news is down for matenience"
Is what i got from the link.

The EFF are probably hacking the site...
#5
23rd November 2011
Old 23rd November 2011
  #5
Gear Guru
 
John Eppstein's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA.
Posts: 14,464

John Eppstein is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwDeOhh View Post
"digital music news is down for matenience"
Is what i got from the link.

The EFF are probably hacking the site...
They're up now!
#6
23rd November 2011
Old 23rd November 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 
AwwDeOhh's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: State of Insomnia, sleepless USA
Posts: 2,550

AwwDeOhh is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
They're up now!
Thanks!
#7
23rd November 2011
Old 23rd November 2011
  #7
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: at home
Posts: 2,401

oldeanalogueguy is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rack gear View Post
'Blacklist Bill' Would 'Effectively Eliminate' the DMCA... - Digital Music News

I'm encouraged by the user comments following this editorial by an EFF lawyer. Musicians are FINALLY learning that Google, the EFF and big tech are not their friends and the reason why artists today will not have sustainable careers!

Artists and Musicians are finally waking up to the fact that the EFF is a schill for big tech and nothing more. The EFF is really scared right now, if these new bills pass into law, there goes their meal ticket.
DMCA is bad for ordinary citizens

scrue the arteeests who think they deserve special protection at our expense
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.