My solution to Piracy: Pay $19.99 a month, get everything
28th October 2011
Old 28th October 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Baboon View Post
Why will you need to own a CD or a file when music is available to stream always & everywhere?
Always and everywhere is a long way off.
A recent survey found numerous wi-fi and mobile black spots in the UK.
And that's a wealthy, highly developed, small land mass country.
29th October 2011
Old 29th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog View Post
You pay $19.99 a month, and get access to 95%+ of all recorded music in a lossless compression format. You can listen to this music on your PC, phone, ipod, whatever, but the deal is once every 30 days you must connect to the internet to re-authorize the content. Possibly for a fee, you could buy a longer authorization.
From a technological standpoint, I don't see how this could even work. You'd either need to invent a new format saddled with DRM and then somehow have every single type of music player adopt it (in order to meet the "re-authorize the content" part). Or you'd have a media format that could play on existing music players but then without the DRM defeating the whole re-authorization part. Which is basically what you these days with downloadable MP3s.

So yeah, this is a non-starter.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search