Subscribe
terryhart
26th September 2011
Old 26th September 2011
Gear addict

Great interview with ICE's John Morton

ICE’s Morton aims to pull plug on piracy - TheHill.com

Quote:
“I’m not trying to increase the number of cases by 20 percent and call that success,” Morton said. “I’m trying to change the face of IP enforcement. I’m trying to make a difference.”
Quote:
“It’s a good time for intellectual property rights enforcement,” Morton said. “There’s a lot going on; there has been and there will be in the coming years.”
Quote:
“Anyone who thinks this is about small-time crime on the corner of Fourth and Main is sadly mistaken,” Morton said, noting ICE and DOJ have never been more active on the issue than at present.
Quote:
We want people to shoot for the stars. We want people to be innovative. We want people to make America a great place for the latest cutting-edge idea or advance, and the only way you do that is have a system that protects people’s intellectual property investments,” Morton said, noting that such protections are a constitutional right.
27th September 2011
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Guru

awesome post terry, thank you.
27th September 2011
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Guru

It's nice that the government is finally STARTING to do their f-ing job.

Thanks, Morton - now let's see some action against something besides fake purses, sneakers, and pirate sports streams......
All opinions expressed in my posts are solely my own: I do not represent any other forums (of which I may or may not be a member), groups, or individuals although at times my views may resemble those of other entities.

Inside every old man is a young man wondering WTF happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
The appropriate role for science is the study of observed phenomena to gain an understanding. It is not dictating what people ought or ought not to be observing.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search