Relatively cheap home-made iso booth
New Reply
Subscribe
Beaumaloe
1st September 2011
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Head

Relatively cheap home-made iso booth

Hello folks! I stumbled across a cool cheap solution for getting some isolation in my home bedroom studio:

I acquired some leftover acoustic foam from my brother, so I decided to glue it to the inside of two bi-fold closet doors I had laying around. At first it didn't want to stand up on it's own, so I added 2 wood braces at the top. For this I just drilled holes in some furring strips and attached them to the already installed "track guides" on the closet door. I put some extra holes in the wood, so I can adjust how "open" the booth is. And when I'm not using it, I can spread it out flat and lean it against the wall.

Right now the pictures show it as basically a half circle, but I can open it wider to accommodate my acoustic guitar. This set-up was free for me, but I priced it out at about $200 if I had started from scratch. It works way better than the sE reflection filter I was using. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Relatively cheap home-made iso booth-soundbooth001.jpg   Relatively cheap home-made iso booth-soundbooth03.jpg   Relatively cheap home-made iso booth-soundbooth04.jpg   Relatively cheap home-made iso booth-soundbooth05.jpg   Relatively cheap home-made iso booth-soundbooth06.jpg  

2nd September 2011
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Hey, I LOVE simple solutions with their own character - very good
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search