Been a long time stalker of this forum, I've spent days going through countless thread studying and dreaming about these super studios you guys have the blessing to own/operate. And I figured now that my place is almost complete I'd post up my place.
I started with three rooms in the back of my house and was on a very low budget so I wasn't able to do much but I had Gavin Haverstick (formely of Auralex Acoustics) do some design for me.
I started with a 21x13 room that was original my bands practice space, and a 13x11 room that was my project studio room/bed room, and in between these two rooms were three closets (a big one back by two side by side smaller closets). I ripped out the closets and created a 8x4 room which was framed to a 7x3.5 iso booth.
1. My original control room (which is now the drum room).
2. Old band practice room (this photo was taken while i was working on a local groups mix before we started the heavy construction).
3. Tearing down walls in the closets
4. Framing Begins in the iso booth
5. Three Layers of drywall (1/2, 5/8, 1/2)
6. Max ripping out some old framing.
7. Justin putting in our double window between the iso booth and control room
8. First of 8 made by me diffusors
9. Wall of diffusors waiting to be built
10. My beautiful Brazilian Tigerwood Hardwood in the iso booth my friend donated this too bad we didn't have enough for the drum room and control room as well....
As you can tell in the photos the Control Room and Drum Room both have bass traps in the corners (I still haven't finished these) I'm building them to be mobile so if I don't want them and incase they need to be more dense or re-tuned etc etc.