Login / Register

Final Layout for my small studio
New Reply
Subscribe
Tonio Ruiz
22nd December 2009
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

thank u Trev (rimskidog)... like wise my friend, your place is absolutely awesome...

happy holidays!!!

Enjoy Life!!

Twitter: @Tonio_Ruiz

www.facebook.com/tonioruiz
22nd December 2009
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via ICQ to David-Morpheus Send a message via Skype™ to David-Morpheus
Tonio - any chance posting a short sample of the drums? I am really curious how the kit sounds in your room.

Wish you happy holidays
23rd December 2009
Old 23rd December 2009
Gear maniac

This looks like it's going to be a wonderful space. Well done.
23rd December 2009
Old 23rd December 2009
www.circlestudios.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio Ruiz View Post
thank u Trev (rimskidog)... like wise my friend, your place is absolutely awesome...

happy holidays!!!
Thanks man! You too!
24th December 2009
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Absolutely admirable work. Thanks for documenting it so well.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but what's the Furman unit on top of the LEFT rack ? One of their discontinued spring reverbs ?

(Click on the sig pic to listen to Mud & Grace or go to www.napoleonwashington.com)
24th December 2009
Old 24th December 2009
Gear Head

Tonio,

Great looking room!
Also, the cool site with the distressor as the nav bar Coolest thing I have seen in some time. Thinking about it now I might add an original 1073 to my website (when I get one) to have a more vintage sounding web site lol
Tonio Ruiz
27th December 2009
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Tonio,

Great looking room!
Also, the cool site with the distressor as the nav bar Coolest thing I have seen in some time. Thinking about it now I might add an original 1073 to my website (when I get one) to have a more vintage sounding web site lol
lol... it'll look awesome mate, let me know when it's done!!! It just occured to me to have that nav bar, just for fun!!!

thanx
Tonio Ruiz
27th December 2009
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington View Post
Absolutely admirable work. Thanks for documenting it so well.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but what's the Furman unit on top of the LEFT rack ? One of their discontinued spring reverbs ?

Thank U very much Sr

It is a pretty old Furman PL Plus or something... just AC, not reverb
Tonio Ruiz
27th December 2009
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheuzrecords View Post
Tonio - any chance posting a short sample of the drums? I am really curious how the kit sounds in your room.

Wish you happy holidays
I'm having a hard time trying to bounce to disk on Digital Performer, it's just so different than ProTools the one I'm used to, and as I'm mixing right now, everything is set out to the analog mixer, so what I've got is just a sample of the drums "mixed" with the process I'm applying to it... does it work???
27th December 2009
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is a pretty old Furman PL Plus or something... just AC, not reverb
I read your answer (thanks) and realize I meant the Furman on the RIGHT part of the rack. Not that it matters anyway, but I was just wondering... It cant' be a power conditioner, as it has a LED bar that more or less implies audio is going through it.

Tonio Ruiz
27th December 2009
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington View Post
I read your answer (thanks) and realize I meant the Furman on the RIGHT part of the rack. Not that it matters anyway, but I was just wondering... It cant' be a power conditioner, as it has a LED bar that more or less implies audio is going through it.

oh yes... I thought of that as well.... yes it's the AR117 power conditioner, from like ages ago, I used to have it on my Guitar Rig Rack back in the 90's... I really need to change those power conditioners, they are so old... do you have any advice for this??

thanx
27th December 2009
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I really need to change those power conditioners, they are so old... do you have any advice for this??

thanx
Nope, actually (I'd rather not fake any expertise...). But I heard good things form the current Furman range. What I'm sure of though is that the price of power conditioners has drastically dropped something like 4 years ago, due to ICs replacing expensive transformers with perfect efficiency. Buy something recent and don't spend a fortune on it, which should be easy if you do a little research.
Tonio Ruiz
30th December 2009
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

I had another drum session today, I now took the camera to the studio and took a better shoot, the drums sounded nice again, I mean..., you know what I mean...

here are some pics of the mic'ing and my small room filled up with drums
Attached Thumbnails
Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-1.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-2.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-3.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-4.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-5.jpg  

Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-6.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-7.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-8.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-shy-drums-9.jpg  
30th December 2009
Old 30th December 2009
Gear maniac

Can we hear some samples of drums?
Tonio Ruiz
30th December 2009
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

sorry for the delay, here is a sample from the session I had last week, it is not dry, I mean, it has the mixing process I was doing for the session, which mainly is some eq'ing, compressing, not that much really... of course not samples or drum replacing of any kind what so ever

please be kind!!!
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 drum sample new room.mp3 (638.8 KB, 585 views)
Tonio Ruiz
4th January 2010
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Happy New Year everyone!!

Finally here are some photos from the session that my lovely photographer wife did for me... thanx babe!!! Lov ya!!!... she's my webaster also isn't she the best?

Though the studio is fully operational right now, there are still a few things to be done, some details to be fixed, and some AC to be installed, anyway here I go one step at a time...

I hope you guys like the pics and thanx for all the good vibe, good thoughts and encouragement
Attached Thumbnails
Final Layout for my small studio-cr-c.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-cr-back-2.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-cr-r.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-cr-l.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-desk-rack-3.jpg  

Final Layout for my small studio-lr-back-wall-2.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-lr-back-wall.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-lr-c.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-lr-r.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-stands.jpg  

4th January 2010
Old 4th January 2010
Gear maniac

looks really nice. I bet you cant wait to get the AC installed.
7th January 2010
Old 7th January 2010
Banned

If you dont mind my asking....
What is an estimate of what this is running you?
And, after planning, and everything, and setting up, getting things running.
Will you or someone else be doing acoustic measurements, further tuning?
Great studio....
Tonio Ruiz
7th January 2010
Old 7th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrognome View Post
looks really nice. I bet you cant wait to get the AC installed.
thanks my friend, yes, I can't wait for the AC, but as usually happens here in my beloved country with all the people, workers and stuff, they suddenly go dark and leave you hanging on thin air... the guy who did all the electrics in the studio is the one who is putting the AC, and, he is god knows where... I hate that, I'm not like that at all, I should be Britt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_soldier View Post
If you dont mind my asking....
What is an estimate of what this is running you?
And, after planning, and everything, and setting up, getting things running.
Will you or someone else be doing acoustic measurements, further tuning?
Great studio....
hi Nick, thanx man, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "running" are u talking about cost?

all the measurements where done by the studio acoustic treatment designer before the actual treatment was made and placed, so it's supposed to be all done by now, so far we don't think we need further tuning, or I haven't felt the need for that in this case, who knows, maybe I'm deaf I actually have felt very comfortable recording and mixing in here... everything is traducing great in every reference when a project leaves the studio
Tonio Ruiz
14th January 2010
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
Hola, Toño:

Muchas felicidades por tu estudio. Me he leído el hilo enterito (¡¡¡me tomó dos sesiones!!!), y la verdad es que tu entusiasmo y don de gente es muy contagioso e inspirador. Se ve que tratas de hacer las cosas lo mejor posible y con pasión, y me haces sentir orgulloso como "compañero del equipo tricolor".

You truly rock Sir.

Best regards

PD: Por cierto, ¿hay algún foro en castellano que frecuentes y quieras recomendar? Sólo conozco Hispasonic. Es muy bueno en cuanto a noticias para productores especialmente, pero es de España y me pregunto dónde se juntan los productores e ingenieros de grabación mexicanos. Creo que sería beneficioso para el gremio un espacio especializado aunque sea en línea... no sé, sólo para compartir ideas y apoyo mutuo. ¡Un cordial saludo!
Muchas gracias m127... asi es, siempre tratando de hacer lo mejor posible desde siempre... esta complicado, tu entiendes las limitaciones correspondientes al tricolor, pero bueno... poco a poco

solo conozco el foro de soundcheck la revista especializada, habemos varios individuos participando pero la verdad es chiquititititititito, a veces pasan semanas sin que nadie aporte o pregunte o comente nada... absolutamente nada que ver con este mega foro de GS... hay que darle movimiento... checalo, es sound:check foro • Página principal

saludos man... no se tu nombre, pero, un abrazo
Tonio Ruiz
23rd January 2010
Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

Hello everyone

this is a tiny, almost insignificant update

I did some computer testing between 3 Mac's, just for the fun of it... the results are more than obvious, a single g5, a dual g5, and a new mac pro quad, I'll keep the quad

the other thing is... I was so concerned that the lower part of the door frames was uncovered, just the wood, and everytime someone stepped on it, I was like with laser eyes, cause I don't want it to get damaged or anything, so, Hugo added some aluminum pieces on those areas so people can step on it without causing any harm, and actually it looked very cool.... so, no more laser eyes

1 thing less to do in the studio, still no AC, and I can't find the source of a damn hum noise in the setup, today I bought a Xhum device on Sweetwater's, among some other stuff, I hope I can figure that out soon

plus, I'm thinking on adding some deco in the control room... mo'money, mo'money... is this ever going to end?
Attached Thumbnails
Final Layout for my small studio-dsc00095.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-dsc00096.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-dsc00098.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-dsc00099.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-dsc00100.jpg  

Final Layout for my small studio-dsc00101.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-dsc00102.jpg  
Fhl
24th January 2010
Old 24th January 2010
Fhl
Lives for gear

Congratulations!

Good luck and keep us posted with some samples! thumbsup
29th January 2010
Old 29th January 2010
Gear interested

I love this studio looks great.....What are the dimensions of the control room and booth???
SE Reflection Filter
Yamaha HS80
M-Audio BX5
Avalon 737
Tonio Ruiz
30th January 2010
Old 30th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster360 View Post
I love this studio looks great.....What are the dimensions of the control room and booth???
thanx a lot

CR is 5 x 3.7 meters
LR is 2.7 x 3.7 meters

I think there is a sketch or something with the measurements in feet around there somewhere
Tonio Ruiz
30th January 2010
Old 30th January 2010
Lives for gear

AC finally dammit!!!!

I'm so thrilled, no more heat inside, not that much anyway

today I had the AC installed, it was a bit messy but as it is a small AC system, it was kinda fast, the hardest trick was to feed the AC system with 220v power... the Electric Man who did the whole electrics for the studio took care of that, I hardly can change a light bulb

here are some pics...

this gets me way closer to the end of this studio built... there is only a few minor details to take care off... plus an endless road of upgrading, buying, getting stuff... and an even more endless (if this is actually possible) road of improving, getting better at it, wiser, smarter and god knows what else, ahead...

godspeed!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Final Layout for my small studio-ac-condenser-1.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-ac-install-1.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-ac-install-2.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-ac-install-3.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-ac-install-4.jpg  

Final Layout for my small studio-ac-install-5.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-ac-condenser-2.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-hole-sealling.jpg   Final Layout for my small studio-power-distribution-box.jpg  
1st February 2010
Old 1st February 2010
Gear interested

Your Studio is amazing man, love it! And well done!
9th February 2010
Old 9th February 2010
Gear addict

Congrats! On a great set-up.

For me, the most important part of this thread, was the detail in which the pictures were captured. I was happy to see that aspect of the build, which makes it all, even more interesting to study.

Thanks for sharing with such vigour.

KAyo
10th February 2010
Old 10th February 2010
Lives for gear

Thank U very much guys, I'm flattered really, I'll try to post pics from the last touches and details as soon they are ready...

cheers!!!
17th February 2010
Old 17th February 2010
Gear interested

Send a message via Skype™ to Leyenda Product
exellent studio

i really love the way you're studio came out. great job man. i also noticed that you used yo play in CODA? i have a few of your cds i'm into spanish rock myself. i also built a studio i'll try to post some pictures later on. the only thing i need to do is acoustical treatment. once again great job tonio.

https://soundcloud.com/leyenda

1-(562)396-5403
Tonio Ruiz
17th February 2010
Old 17th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyenda Product View Post
i really love the way you're studio came out. great job man. i also noticed that you used yo play in CODA? i have a few of your cds i'm into spanish rock myself. i also built a studio i'll try to post some pictures later on. the only thing i need to do is acoustical treatment. once again great job tonio.
thank u very much mate... yes I am one of the orginal members of that band, we rocked hard in the 90's, now I'm in a band named qbo (cubo) which means cube in english, and we are rockin hard in this time now...

I'm looking forward to see your studio built, don't forget to put some pics in the forum...

best of luck!!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search