New Reply
Subscribe
General Haze
9th December 2013
Old 9th December 2013
Gear interested

Recording a Korg Volca Keys into DAW.

Hi guys!

first post in gearslutz, hurray! So i think this problem might be something very simple, so i decided to put it in the newbie category. Please forgive me if it was meant to be somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure there is no thread like this yet. Having that said:

So i'm in some trouble setting up my new Korg Volca Keys in my daw logic.
I plugged in the minijack output to my soundcard, with the minijack to minijack cable which came with the synthesizer (the end going into my focusrite saffire soundcard being with a mini-to-normal jack plug)

So now i have this minijack to jack connection going into my soundcard,
in logic i've set up an audio channel with the red R button on, and even the orange i button.

When i play smth on the korg, i can very slightly see some information coming into the audio channel, somehow at full volume the korg is still not loud at all, but at least i should be able to hear smth if i crank up the output of my soundcard.

The problem is that even although there is an audio signal on the audio channel, and this audio channel is going straight to stereo-ouput,
no busses or anything, i do not hear anything! I don't even see the audio information on the stereo output bus, which is very strange seeing that this audio channel gets audio in, and goes straight to stereo output... Anyways, seems like i'm repeating myself a little bit,
but the strangest thing even, is that if i press record, play some notes, i don't hear anything, but once i am done recording, and listen to the created audio recording, there is, actually, very softly, the audio, and i can hear it!

So my question is, how is it possible that somehow the audio goes in, but doesn't appear, only after playback of the recorded audio i can hear it? And how do i fix this so that I can hear the audio all the time, not just if it is already recorded into logic?

I should mention that with other synthesizers, like the Microcon II Technosaurus, which has a normal jack to normal jack connection,
this works fine!

Any ideas would be really muc appreciated, and if somehow i did not make my story clear enough, feel free to ask more about the issue.

Greetings,
Remco
9th December 2013
Old 9th December 2013
Gear maniac

I don't know much about logic, but try recording something else from another source? It tends to be a case of ruling things out in these matters, so it could either be the synth, the cable, the soundcard, or some settings in logic. Seeing as you're getting some signal I would imagine the issue might lie with the cables or soundcard you're using.

Good luck!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search