Cant get anything working Help!
funkymonk1984
23rd August 2013
Old 23rd August 2013
Gear interested

Cant get anything working Help!

Hi Guys,

Ok so i am pretty new to this. I have a background in Piano, Guitars and Bass so as far as live playing goes im pretty good. I want to create some industrial back drop to my music using beats and synths and have got some advice over recommended plugins etc but my problem is setting up the DAW and hardware..i have read and watched various tutorials and it just doesnt work!

I am running a PC on Windows 7 64bit (its pretty powerful as i built it for gaming initially not very long ago, i have various quality external harddrives for storage)

I have a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra plugged into mains and via USB.

A Korg Kontrol 49 Midi Keyboard again plugged in at mains and connected via USB.

I have some HD headphones plugged into my audio interface for monitoring (live in a flat so try to keep things quiet as poss)

All drivers have been updated to latest versions for my operating platform.

In my mind that should all work, i should be able to open a vst plugin and with some tweakin play the virtual instrument with my midi keyboard and record?

Btw i use Reaper.

When i go into options>properties and audio devices you can select microsoft sound mapper (default) and ASIO (which i select as using interface) but neither work and when i select asio the first and last inputs/output drop down boxes are empty?

Also if i go to midi devices my keyboard does not display?

Can anyone help me on this im keen to go through various tutorials and lessons but stuck already and given i spent quite a bit on this kit im finding it very frustrating.

Any guidance or help would b massively appreciated!
23rd August 2013
Old 23rd August 2013
Lives for gear

Last edited by LoFi_By_Choice; 23rd August 2013 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Completely missed an important part of OP. Sorry.
funkymonk1984
23rd August 2013
Old 23rd August 2013
Gear interested

I figured it out the usb ports i was using on front/back didnt recognise it/hav enough power but hav now connected through 2 others and they pick up but cant get the keyboard to work with virtual instrument but reckon its a set up issue
23rd August 2013
Old 23rd August 2013

Have you followed the instructions in the manual?

matt
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search