connecting a Tascam us-366 to a midi keyboard controller
New Reply
Subscribe
Avian
16th August 2013
Old 16th August 2013
Gear interested

connecting a Tascam us-366 to a midi keyboard controller

Good day everyone. Please I want to be put through on how to connect a midi keyboard controller to a Tascam US-366 audio interface. The 366 has know midi port so I'm at a loss as to where I can link my midi keyboard. Thanks for your help.
16th August 2013
Old 16th August 2013
Lives for gear

Since your Tascam US-366 does not have a MIDI port it can't be used to connect your keyboard controller. You must either switch to a combined audio and MIDI interface, or add a small MIDI interface like this one. Some audio interfaces have built-in MIDI interfaces and some do not. The US-366 does not.

If you use a separate USB powered MIDI interface, be sure it is on its own USB port, or a powered USB port hub. Don't place it on the same USB port that is running your US-366 (because of USB power limitations).

If you expect to add many more MIDI devices in the future, you might want to look for one with more channels. It has (5) MIDI ports.
Avian
16th August 2013
Old 16th August 2013
Gear interested

Thanks a lot. I was considering connecting the keyboard straight to my PC which is in turn connected to the Tascam but I don't know how the sound production will be affected. Need advice on that. Thanks.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search