Login / Register

Can't sync my two 003r... sorry noob question.
New Reply
Subscribe
Vector Mastering
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear interested

Can't sync my two 003r... sorry noob question.

Hi all,

I just spent the best part of a hour looking through this site looking for a thread that could help me, so I apologize if this has already been addressed, please direct me to the right place if that is the case.

So sorry for the noob question...

I just got myself two 003r's and got them modded by BLA, now I can not seem to get them both going at once. One at a time is fine but not both. Now i bought them second hand so i have no manual, and i did find it online and found nothing in it that could help me, just talks about connecting other firewire devices and not stacking 003rs. In the passed i used focusrite and no such issues.

So i tried daisy chaining and also connecting both directly.

My DAW of choice at the moment is Reaper, I do also own studio one, but i haven't tried studio one yet. so if that is an issue well i guess i will change daw.

So extra info... windows 7, windows does find the driver and only one unit has a green flashing host light.

So can someone help me out?

cheers.
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Gear interested

I’m afraid from what little I know about this it cant be done. The limitation being that the support drivers for the 003 only support one device at a time. The 003 was designed at a time when LE had an 18 I/O limit. You could in theory hook up the second 003 to another computer and link them via word clock but to be honest it might be an idea to sell one of the modded units and buy a lite-pipe device for the extra inputs.
25th June 2013
Old 25th June 2013
The Audio Whisperer

Send a message via Skype™ to donsolo
Does the 003r have lightpipe out?

You could do that. Run the second one as an essentially expensive Light Pipe preamp bank...

My Personal Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch333 View Post
I dont have a playstation so I have to book a big room to get my Metal Gear fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makinithappen View Post
the secretary at our studio calls Gearslutz

"That stupid website your always on..you know, the one with the bird on the skateboard"
It took 6 years but I think I found my avatar in action: http://imgur.com/gallery/2cNN5
25th June 2013
Old 25th June 2013
Banned

I wasn't aware you could daisy chain 003s together...but maybe?

Back in the day I had a 002 with a motu 8pre daisy chained via lightpipe. It worked like a charm to get me more inputs.
25th June 2013
Old 25th June 2013
The Audio Whisperer

Send a message via Skype™ to donsolo
The more I started looking into this, I bet I could get DP to do it. It might be an issue with your DAW. So long as the computer recognizes both interfaces, I can shift+click them in DP to enable both. I'd say double-check if Reaper can do it.

Keep in mind, dual converters means dual clocks so you DO need to clock-sync them. ADAT sends clock info but use a BNC cable to connect the two for the clock for more flexible results.

If you get both working, you could expand later with the light pipe connections. My current Rig is dual 828mkIIs both running Lightpipe converters externally as well as the internal analog I/O.
Vector Mastering
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Gear interested

Thanks for everyone's input.

The lightpipe does work but not meaning to sound like a brat it doesn't make me happy. I just moved from Italy to Germany and so I put together a new rig meaning I spent a lot of time counting all my i/o and so the lightpipe makes me fall short :( I was assuming the oo3r has the same ability in terms of expansion as the focusrite family... my own fault.

But I am on a few new leads on perhaps achieving this, if I do I will report back.
Vector Mastering
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Gear interested

ok, maybe i am being premature but I seem to have moved forward....

I installed ASIO4all and ASIO2ks. I am not 100% sure which helped, i think ASIO2ks, but I gained access to now both pairs of SPDIF which actually brings me over the line for my issues. Also this was done in Reaper.

Also Donsolo thank you for the advice of the clock, I do have it connected, it is running off my dedicated ADC using a BNC t bar and a feed into each unit.

Cheers again peoples
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_monkey
They're definitely not destined to work as an expandable system. You seem to be fudging it ok, but for anyone else reading there's no way this would work under pro tools - the driver doesn't support it.

In your case I would sell one ASAP and get an adat converter to get you to the 18io.

Jack Robert Hardman (New EP now on sale), Morgan Joanel, and High-Tails.

If I've helped you out, please consider supporting these artists as a favour to me!

Major label credits include Pharrell/Alicia Keys, Ricky Martin (Aus #3), John Legend, Samantha Jade, Di-Rect (Dutch #1), etc
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search