there never was hardware connected
New Reply
Subscribe
D.J. Clee
18th June 2013
Old 18th June 2013
Gear interested

there never was hardware connected

Hi, I've had Pro Tools 10 on my laptop for several months. Everything worked well until recently, when a general system fault developed (or mini-crash, to be honest I'm not exactly sure). I had to back-track on assorted gear. Today I went to edit some audio files when all of a sudden, when trying to load Pro Tools, half-way through loading a notice came up saying, "Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is turned on..." I never had external hardware connected. The gear I am using is: An Asus N55SF laptop, running Windows 7 (64-bit); Pro-Tools 10; an AT4040 mic; a Centrance MicPort Pro. I just reloaded the Centrance driver, and this made no difference. Thank you for your help.
19th June 2013
Old 19th June 2013
Gear addict

It might be a problem with ASIO driver of you audio card. Do you try to load PT itself, or do you go directly to your session file and open it?
19th June 2013
Old 19th June 2013
Lives for gear

Your Centrance MicPort Pro IS "external hardware". It is a 24 bit/96 kHz bi-directional USB interface. The driver is telling Pro Tools it can't find the interface. Is it connected to a USB port and powered up before you launch PT?

If a project was recorded with the Centrance MicPort Pro connected, you will get the warning if it's not present.

Has your "input device" selection been changed from "Centrance MicPort Pro" to something else like "internal audio"?

If it is plugged-in and you're sure you are using a good USB cable, you may want to try a different USB port. If you've added a USB hub between the laptop and the Centrance MicPort Pro, that may be the issue. The Centrance MicPort Pro should be connected directly to the laptop and should be the selected "input device" and default "output/playback" device.
D.J. Clee
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear interested

Thank you. Somehow the drivers were lost in the crash. Reinstalled and now all is fine

Sent from my LT26i
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search