Login / Register

My question is how to get a certain effect for a vocal fx
New Reply
Subscribe
Wahnsinn
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

My question is how to get a certain effect for a vocal fx

My question is how to get a certain effect for a vocal fx. Its complex to describe what i want to do. I do not want vocals in my track but i want a short start point of it and make it sound like its a bell sounding reverb effect but it needs to be a female touch so it works on emotional level. not sure if anyone here understands what i mean. the only tune i know that gets near my idea is this one. please listen to this tune and the vocal fx i mean starts at 00:22... what i mean are these unbelivable sounding "E-E-E´s" from the females voice...

the vocal effect sounds in a way like i have no idea how to create it.. its not a reverb but it has a reverb... it sounds a bit like autotune but this tune is from 1995 so it can´t be autotune... its a puzzle to study this efect.. what do you think?
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

That's the sound of the human voice, with the sample looped over and over. It's natural vibrato, and indeed, it's got some reverb on it, but I can't hear anything special on top of that.

While on your example it was a female voice, check out Ladysmith Black Mambazoo, they often sing similar "effect sounds". For example, the one from 0:29 on:

4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

your video didnt upload but Im going to take a shot in the dark..you could use a vocoder to mix an actual bell synth with the desired vocals triggering the synth to play while blending the vox. you can do this many differnt ways, if you have a singer your key input to the synth will be the mic channel. or if you have the vox already recorded send it the key input. play the syth with the vocals till you get the desired effect. i dont know if you have logic but, check this link to see if this is the sound you are trying to achieve hope that helps..good night.

Quasar

fire

Club

Matrix1.4

Blue London
Wahnsinn
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderwet View Post

That's the sound of the human voice, with the sample looped over and over. It's natural vibrato, and indeed, it's got some reverb on it, but I can't hear anything special on top of that.

While on your example it was a female voice, check out Ladysmith Black Mambazoo, they often sing similar "effect sounds". For example, the one from 0:29 on:

Thanks for the answer. The vocals are very nice by the way in your linked video. But I sill have no idea how to get this sound fx. The other guy here talks about vocoders. I think I know what I should do. What do you people think, happens to the sound, if I put reverb on a short faded out vocal sample about 500 ms long, while i convert it after this to mono and repeat the process and leave it in stereo? i think it should sound like the effect i look for... yeah i know what i want is not a cheap idea fx... but thats producing.. you want the "special" ideas... lol... lets see... i try to create it... i will write later... have to export now a video in adobe audition 3... and no i have no logic... just adobe audition 3 as a daw... and waves bundle + ozone 5 advance, sonnox... etc... logic is a bit to much for me.. i like it more simple... thanks people...
4th March 2013
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

No effect, it's the way they sing.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search