Reamping line level outputs with UA Solo 610
New Reply
Subscribe
dani4545
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Gear interested

Reamping line level outputs with UA Solo 610

Hi guys, new guy here. I've searched the forums but I haven't found a suitable answer. My question is can I record a various mics into line level of my MOTU 828mkII into logic and after recording reamp each track individually into my UA Solo 610 and back into my DAW so as that I can emulate that every track was tracked with a Solo 610. If this can be done what steps do I need to take, can the 610 handle the line level outputs of my 828mkII? Thanks.
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Gear addict

Flip the impedance switch to HI-Z on the front panel of the 610. Literally that's it.

Generally speaking, HI-Z is for line/instrument levels, LO-Z is for mics. (There's a bit more to it than that, but that's a good place to start)
"(Mark) Hamill referred to the Joker's laugh as a musical instrument and would practice laughing maniacally while driving to recording sessions, commenting that no one found this behavior strange in Los Angeles."

@BabyGoatTacos
facebook.com/highfiveworldwide
facebook.com/missilejetski

Last edited by jmik; 7th February 2013 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: got my impedances mixed up :/
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

Line and mic levels = low Z
Instrument = hi Z

I believe the DI unbalanced input on the 610 solo can accept line level.

You can select mic or line level out on the back of the 610 as well.
LA610 Solo, Logic Pro 9.1.6 DAW
16th March 2013
Old 16th March 2013
Gear Head

Hi, i'm glad i came across this topic.
I just bought a used 610 solo which is great with mics. So i though I'd run couple of synths and drums tracks from ableton through it to warm them up a bit.

I took a jack-jack guitar cable and plugged it into the DI in the preamp. The other end I plugged it into the mother jack output of my apogee duet, where the monitor was plugged. But no audio came in ableton as i hit the record button.

What is it that i'm not getting it?

thanx
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search