Login / Register

How to use all my samplers with my DAW....efficiently!!
New Reply
Subscribe
Vanilla_Dutches
30th January 2013
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

How to use all my samplers with my DAW....efficiently!!

Hey Slutz....

forgive me if there is some convolution when trying to convey my setup and goals...I really am struggling to wrap my brain around this...

The samplers I have are as follows....

EPS-16
SP-505
Ensoniq Mirage
S950 and
MPC 2000XL

I may or may not use all of these in conjunction with my DAW (FL Studio)...but I basically want to use my DAW/PC as a sampler AND a sound module per se....like Kontakt and all my softsynths... I want to sample them into my hardware.

What I need/want to do is be able to route my audio from my DAW to all of my samplers....then have all the samplers routed back into my DAW...

of course without unplugging any cables...(the whole point)

I'm not sure if this would do the trick....but I was looking at this Tascam AI

TASCAM US-1800 | Sweetwater.com

I need a USB AI and I want to avoid on board mic pres as I have my own outboard pres.
30th January 2013
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

Count the number of inputs and outputs, add two, and get an interface that has that or more.
30th January 2013
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

The Tascam would work but you would need an audio distribution amp to multiply the second set of outputs on the Tascam by five for input into the five samplers.

I guess you took advantage of the cheap availability of older samplers?

I am curious as to why you want to use so many different types of samplers? I can see one or maybe even two. But five? I would go crazy just from switching operating systems back and forth. Some of those old boxes only get usable when you know them inside and out.
30th January 2013
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

I've had the MPC2000XL and S950 for 10+ years, have the urge to dust them off.

The SP-505 for a few years

Got the Mirage for $40 at a pawn shop about a month ago and the EPS-16 rack I just bought the other day.

The only OS I will really be learning is the Ensoniqs...I will be using MidiQuest for the Mirage as I know programming it to be a nightmare. And I am sure there will be a learning curve with the EPS-16 as well, however, I am going to be using them as color and FX boxes more than anything. Won't be sequencing anything on them.

I got the Mirage and EPS-16 for $200 altogether....I figured, why not?

Thanks for the responses... I don't really like the idea of a distribution amp... so I might limit it to two or 3 samplers in the config. the EPS-16, Mirage and S950 only sample in mono...and maybe I'll just sample into the SP-505 in mono as well.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search