Audio signal routing from Audio Interface -> Tube pre -> Back to Audio Interface
Old 30th January 2013
Gear interested

Audio signal routing from Audio Interface -> Tube pre -> Back to Audio Interface

Hi everyone. I would like to know if it is possible to route audio from Ableton using Firewire TC electronics Impact Twin to Art Studio Tube Preamp and then send it back to interface (Ableton). Thanks.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

A question, are you going to play both the audio in Ableton and the audio which is sent thru your pre-amp and back into Ableton?

The reason I ask is because you will get latency converting the audio from digital to analog. Then you will get more latency converting the analog back to digital. You will get phrase issues.

Kind regards
Demokid
Old 30th January 2013
Gear interested

Thanks for your reply.

I don't want them both to play together. All i want to do is to send vst basslines & stuff through preamp to get that tube warmth and then record it in audio track. Is it possible?

All i got was the feedback. :D
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphell View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I don't want them both to play together. All i want to do is to send vst basslines & stuff through preamp to get that tube warmth and then record it in audio track. Is it possible?

All i got was the feedback. :D
Use a pre-fader AUX feed for your output and then turn the fader down on the source track so you don't hear it in the monitor feed. If you're mixing both the source (the input to your external preamp) and the output of the preamp (the new record track) together for monitoring you will have a loop around the preamp causing feedback.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search