New Reply
Subscribe
Robots and jelly
12th January 2013
Old 12th January 2013
Gear interested

first time postingMaking concept album/ gorillaz styled ideas

First time posting.
I thought It would be best to post here.

Hi I’m making a concept album. I am new to mixing mastering/ refining things but have come up with a storyline/paintings and rough layout of my song ideas/tracklisting.

I’m working on an electronic album like “Plastic Beach” by Gorillaz with the main concepts being a story of an underwater beachworld attacked by robots…
Quite fun idea I thought. This is my first musical project.
Over the past 5 months I’ve been working on the themes/sounds. I am familiar with language about DAWS and made the ideas with a midi keyboard.

So I’m just starting out. If I’m in the wrong place to ask just say.

Also …..so it’s easier for you to know what I suck at….

I cannot master/mix my ideas very well (I have ozone but am still trying to learn how to use it)

My sound palate sounds generic at times -though I do have a nice strings sampler.

I have no musical background and I am better at painting/ coming up with ideas and concepts visually.

So if you have any tips on how to get that “Plastic beach” album feel or links on how how to make concept albums let me know. The main thing I’m trying to do is get my mixing/refining skills in place before I can give my album ideas to my friend who is a proper musician to work on.

I have the ideas just not the skills to pull it of yet. Thanks.

....Its probably not ok to post a soundcloud so I wont bother. you get the rough idea.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search