Reason 5 MPD32 trouble
New Reply
Subscribe
luketronz
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Gear interested

Reason 5 MPD32 trouble

Ok guys, hoping someone can help me out here as this is becoming a major pain in the ass!

i have downloaded the 'Akai Reason Remote Files' and followed what the documentation says by copying the 'Akai' folder from both the lua codecs folder and the maps folder into the specified places in the propellerhead folder then opened reason and selected mpd32 as main control keyboard. it has had no problem finding the mpd32 but when for example i open Kong it will trigger the wrong pads. in redrums it will trigger the wrong channels in the drum machine and the same for any other device within Reason 5.

Any help would be appreciated as this is slowing me down big time!

Thanks in advance

PZ
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Gear addict

I didn't have to install any new files with my MPD32. I just plugged it in, setup Reason to recognize it, and it worked. I didn't have to change any of the Remote files. (I'm on a PC, so if you're on a Mac, this might not apply to you. I don't know.)

Make sure preset 2 (I think) is loaded in the MPD32 and give it another shot. If that's not the problem, I would delete the files you installed and re-launch Reason. It should replace the missing files with the default files.

If that STILL doesn't work, first check to see that the files were replaced. If they were, the MPD32 might be sending the wrong MIDI messages. You should be able to reset the controller to factory default. Just do a sysex dump first if you made any changes to it you want to keep.
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxd Ped View Post
I didn't have to install any new files with my MPD32. I just plugged it in, setup Reason to recognize it, and it worked. I didn't have to change any of the Remote files. (I'm on a PC, so if you're on a Mac, this might not apply to you. I don't know.)

Make sure preset 2 (I think) is loaded in the MPD32 and give it another shot. If that's not the problem, I would delete the files you installed and re-launch Reason. It should replace the missing files with the default files.

If that STILL doesn't work, first check to see that the files were replaced. If they were, the MPD32 might be sending the wrong MIDI messages. You should be able to reset the controller to factory default. Just do a sysex dump first if you made any changes to it you want to keep.
absolute life saver dude, thanks a million! as soon as i went into vysex and changed the preset to reason (which was number 2 you were right) it was all fine. i wasnt aware that doing anything in the vysex software would have an effect on reason, thanks again.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search