How to find A Good Mic
New Reply
Subscribe
megaratch3t
19th October 2011
Old 19th October 2011
Gear Head

How to find A Good Mic

How do i find a mic suitable for my voice,Currently im a tenor and im looking for a cheap good acoustic microphone and ive been thinking about the Blue Baby bottle, but i dont wanna spend $300 and find out the mic doesnt fit my voice.
Does Sam Ash or Gutair center or any music store let you test out microphones?

Buying new gear or convincing yourself that you are just one piece short of greatness is an easier pill to swallow than admitting you might not ever have what it takes to create a great work of art.
19th October 2011
Old 19th October 2011
Gear maniac

My advice, buy a used at 4050 for under $400, if you don't sound good singing into it stop singing.
19th October 2011
Old 19th October 2011
Gear maniac

I've tested mics out at guitar center before but I had to ask to move into a quiet room after the guy initially set me up with a few mics in the PA room. Haha. If you go that route, I'd bring a pair of headphones that you know well so you can get a good idea of how the mic sounds in an unfamiliar environment.
An alternative is to go through the process of exercising the 30 day no-hassle return policy of places like sweetwater and zzounds until you find one that you like.
If I were you, I'd get in touch with a knowledgeable guy at sweetwater or warren at zenproaudio and tell them what kind of voice you have, what you sound like, and what you're looking for in a recording. This will narrow your search considerably and will get the correct microphone in your possession sooner.
megaratch3t
19th October 2011
Old 19th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickDrum View Post
I've tested mics out at guitar center before but I had to ask to move into a quiet room after the guy initially set me up with a few mics in the PA room. Haha. If you go that route, I'd bring a pair of headphones that you know well so you can get a good idea of how the mic sounds in an unfamiliar environment.
An alternative is to go through the process of exercising the 30 day no-hassle return policy of places like sweetwater and zzounds until you find one that you like.
If I were you, I'd get in touch with a knowledgeable guy at sweetwater or warren at zenproaudio and tell them what kind of voice you have, what you sound like, and what you're looking for in a recording. This will narrow your search considerably and will get the correct microphone in your possession sooner.
Thanks for the postive comment i really needed that
19th October 2011
Old 19th October 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaratch3t View Post
Thanks for the postive comment i really needed that
I also gave you a very positive response after years of buying and trying mics, don't waste your time trying out all these cheap brand new $300 mics in a music store, and get an at 4040 0r 4050 used here in the classified or on ebay....You will like it, and if you don't, you will certainly not like the cheap brand new mics you are going to try out at the music store, and then if you really don't like it you will be able to sell it 4 what you paid.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search