In pro tools where do i put my plugin files to get them working??
masta1
19th February 2008
Old 19th February 2008
Gear maniac

Red face In pro tools where do i put my plugin files to get them working??

Very basic Q for you pro's! For some reason i cannot get Wizzoverb to open in pro tools. Am i supposed to be pasting the .dll(the wizzo one is), . dpm. dsr files into C:/ common files, digi, dae, plugins etc. Or in the pro tools folder? I swear i've pasted them everywhere lol and finally got waves plugins back online and working....If someone could just quickly school me about where these plugins go correctly it would be very appreciated!

Cheers
19th February 2008
Old 19th February 2008
Lives for gear

on the PC is \Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
just put the .dpm and the .rsr in there
once you open up PTools they should be there
19th February 2008
Old 19th February 2008
Gear addict

The manual will explain what to do.....
Hans
masta1
19th February 2008
Old 19th February 2008
Gear maniac

Thanks.

What about wizzo WizooVerbW5.dll is the filename for that. How do i open that in pro tools or get it as a plugin?

Cheers
19th February 2008
Old 19th February 2008
Gear maniac

Wizzoverb is too much of a CPU wh0re anyway use something else.
19th February 2008
Old 19th February 2008
Lives for gear

Just run the installer. The files will be put in their proper places.
masta1
19th February 2008
Old 19th February 2008
Gear maniac

Yeah i've run the wizzo installer it just installed it to C:/ didn't put anything into pro tools.
11th September 2011
Old 11th September 2011
Gear interested

So I just downloaded LePou Le456. It is a .dll file. I am having a hard time getting it to work in protools le 8, on windows 7. Any ideas on how to get .dll files to work in protools le 8? Any help is greatly appreciated!
11th September 2011
Old 11th September 2011
Gear maniac

Most pros don't use cracked plugins that require manual installations. Step your game up.

CS.
RTR
11th September 2011
Old 11th September 2011
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptom View Post
So I just downloaded LePou Le456. It is a .dll file. I am having a hard time getting it to work in protools le 8, on windows 7. Any ideas on how to get .dll files to work in protools le 8? Any help is greatly appreciated!
.Dll I am sure is only for VST plugins..I THINK!!! so dont jump on me if I am wrong, PT only uses RTAS plugins ! If you get the Fxpansion VST to RTAS wrapper you would put the .dll file into the wrappers vst folder!
11th September 2011
Old 11th September 2011
Gear interested

Sounds like a cracktutt
11th September 2011
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have never had to do anything but just install them. They show up in the right places, over multiple programs.
12th September 2011
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Cracks eh?

Mind if I download your beats and claim them as my own?
30th November 2011
Old 30th November 2011
Gear interested

the lepou le456 is a FREE guitar amp sim VST plugin - so it's NOT a crack. if you want to use it in pro tools, you'll need to wrap it with a vst to rtas adapter like the one from fxpansion.

at this point, i wouldn't waste your money on the fxpansion adapter just for this if you haven't bought it yet as lepou still needs to make some adjustments in the code for the plugin to work in pro tools.

since this is in the rap/hip hop section, i'm assuming you want to throw some dirt on your tracks? there are other options out there that will work fine for that.

if you're looking to lay down guitar, i'm sure you already know the le456 is one of the best plugins out there. just like me, you have to be patient and wait for lepou to deliver the goods - it will be well worth the wait...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search