Originally Posted by gsilbers
thank you friend, I also want to know if there is anything written on famous and essential sounds and scales for movies.
1. harp glissando in whole note scale is famous for going in flashback.
2. contra bass or cello low note to create tension.
3. horn swells to reveal a subject
4. sounds of 70s in minor scale are famous for thriller/detective type film.
5. full orchestra in major scale for film opening where they show a happy valley with a helicopter.
6. shakuhachi, shamisen, koto or taiko to support japanese character in your film.
7. famous sample cds, like spectrasonics "heart of africa" is essential library for scoring african music.
and some other things that are essential for film and tv.