Creative Competition - $$$$ prizes!
Lotus 7
12th December 2012
Old 12th December 2012
Lives for gear

Creative Competition - $$$$ prizes!

I think this is the most appropriate Gearslutz forum for posting this announcement, but if an administrator feels it belongs somewhere else, please move it.

This is a "heads-up" for a major competition for "a short (generally three minutes or less), creative media piece (video, audio, graphic, animation, photo, data visualization, social media or mobile game)." The final result must be in a digital format for distribution via digital media.

The subject matter must be related to "Democracy in the United States" and the competition will award prizes in several categories totalling US$100,000.

This competition is being organized and funded by the MacArthur Foundation and the Illinois Humanities Council and the submission deadline is Feb. 4, 2013.

I'm a hardware engineer and producer and have won grant support in the past from the MacArthur Foundation for projects that I've recorded and produced, so was sent an invitation to participate, but this is clearly intended for a composer or video/graphics artist, which I am not.

I'm hoping that some creative Gearslutz member might be interested in this.

For details see: Looking@Democracy.

Good Luck!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search