Login / Register

Whats the difference between a Music Library? A Sync Catalogue and a Song Catalogue?
New Reply
Subscribe
FiloIm2edgy
11th December 2012
Old 11th December 2012
Gear interested

Whats the difference between a Music Library? A Sync Catalogue and a Song Catalogue?

Question: Whats the difference between a Music Library? A Sync Catalogue and a Song Catalogue?

I heard a Music Supervisor on an Interview mention the 3 witch left me confused: I thought they where the same thing, thank you for your time.
11th December 2012
Old 11th December 2012

In some ways interchangeable terms, in some ways three different things.

so...

music library - generally a term for a company (although may be contained within a company as well) that has a collection of music to be "rented" or licensed out for third party use.

synch catalogue - a catalogue that may be in a music library, record company, publishing house or even privately owned that is available for sound to picture use. Synch refers to the use of music when "synchronised" to the moving image. Slightly different set of rights and permissions generally go along with a synch.

song catalogue - more obvious. Songs! Not instrumentals or soundtrack pieces (although they CAN be). Generally artist related compositions or music in song format.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search