SCOREcast Podcast show for industry folks
New Reply
Subscribe
Brian Ralston
10th December 2012
Old 10th December 2012
Gear Head

Smile SCOREcast Podcast show for industry folks

Hey Folks. I just wanted to share with those of you who may be looking for a good resource and podcast show about film composers done by composers. Fellow composer Deane Ogden and I host the SCOREcast Podcast where we talk about our industry and have a guest host joining us on every show. The show is of course free and is the flagship show/product of the SCOREcast website for film/media composers. It can be listened to on the site through the link below...or through Apple iTunes or Sticher.com. We have been averaging in the neighborhood of 40,000 to 50,000 downloads per show worldwide. So lots of folks already check us out. You may already know about it.

The SCOREcast Podcast Show

This month's show that came out last week we have Charlie Clouser on with us for a good chunk of a 2 hour show. He goes into his background and details a lot of technical tips and tricks on how he does things.

Past shows, which can also be found at the link above, have included Chris Lennertz, Contractor Peter Rotter, James Horner's Music Editor Jim Henrickson (AVATAR, TITANIC), video game composer Tom Salta, Richard Bellis (Stephen King's IT)...an much more.

You all are invited to check it out if you wish. We hope to see you there. We are working composers, NOT journalists, who take the time to do this as a way to not only give back to the community...but to open discussions and share with our creative community what we do in an effort to foster a greater sense of community amongst us all. Maybe you can find time in your days to check us out and listen to our show.

Cheers!

Brian Ralston
11th December 2012
Old 11th December 2012

spreading the love

Hey Brian,

Thanks for bringing that to everyones attention. Can I ask you to spread the word about this particular sub forum? I'm going to do my best to keep this a happy little room with helpful advice on sound for picture. Like minded folks at your end would help that process.

11th December 2012
Old 11th December 2012
Gear interested

This is awesome. I love podcasts.
12th December 2012
Old 12th December 2012
Gear maniac

Great podcast, the Cinesamples/ Union discussion was very enlightening
Brian Ralston
15th December 2012
Old 15th December 2012
Gear Head

Thanks for checking it out guys.

Narcoman: Of course...perhaps I can even briefly mention it on our next podcast show.
17th December 2012
Old 17th December 2012
Lives for gear

cool!

edit: couldn't locate it in iTunes store and no iTunes subscribe button on your website
Brian Ralston
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Gear Head

Dave...I will have our webmaster look into it. A while back our iTunes RSS feed got hijacked and went down. It was supposedly fixed but perhaps there is a lingering problem. One can also listen to the show right there on the web pages I linked to above....download the mp3 manually and take it with you on a mobile device...or again, we are finding Stitcher to be an awesome platform for podcasts and they have an iOS app as well. They actually came to us and offered to do a page and host our feed due to the traffic we were getting. So...there are lots of ways until I look into the iTunes status.

Thanks again.
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
Lives for gear

plz post when you work out the iTunes problem
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

This is a great show! Great to see you here, Brian.
Brian Ralston
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear Head

Thanks Greg. And thanks for all you have done over at The Bridge. A wonderful place. It was a pure pleasure to record Crooked Arrows there and when my budget allows, I will certainly be a repeat customer.
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ralston View Post
Thanks Greg. And thanks for all you have done over at The Bridge. A wonderful place. It was a pure pleasure to record Crooked Arrows there and when my budget allows, I will certainly be a repeat customer.
What a great score, and such a pleasure having you. Looking forward to more quality work with you!

Crooked Arrows

Greg

27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Curtis View Post
What a great score, and such a pleasure having you. Looking forward to more quality work with you!

Crooked Arrows

Greg

Thanks Greg. Very Kind. We loved recording there.

If anyone wants to check out a taste of what we did for the film score at Greg's place (or just hear a bit of where the music in my head is coming from)...I have a small sampling of it up on my Soundcloud linked below.

https://soundcloud.com/brianralston/...al-score-promo
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search