Login / Register

Ridley Scott to direct Blade Runner sequel...will Vangelis get soundtrack?
New Reply
Subscribe
15th June 2012
Old 15th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
The word on the street is Nero will have a big part of it.
This just made me so happy.
15th June 2012
Old 15th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchmaster View Post
The full review seemed to be fairly positive and I get the impression the short one was mainly taking the piss out of the millions of online nitpicking nerds.
Ah, I did not know that...
16th June 2012
Old 16th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchmaster View Post
The full review seemed to be fairly positive and I get the impression the short one was mainly taking the piss out of the millions of online nitpicking nerds.
If your audience is movie and sci fi geeks you need to have your shit correct or don't bother coming to the party. But anyway as recent history has shown quality is not the best way to make a profit which is after all the only thing that really matters to hollywood.

Want some promotion? Submit mixes to TechnoMusicNews.com
I guarantee you get a decent number of listens.
20th July 2012
Old 20th July 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to symmetricalSound Send a message via MSN to symmetricalSound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzwald View Post
This just made me so happy.
hmmmm i dunno, nero has definitely got talent but has still done some sucky stuff. could go either way if he's involved i reckon.
20th July 2012
Old 20th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiGhost View Post
If your audience is movie and sci fi geeks you need to have your shit correct or don't bother coming to the party. But anyway as recent history has shown quality is not the best way to make a profit which is after all the only thing that really matters to hollywood.
Yes.

The world has changed and moved on since the times when it used to be more difficult for low quality output and the less talented to gain a foothold in the market.

Likewise, Hollywood has finetuned its formulas to cater to the whimsical tastes of the increasingly dumbed down audiences. It's a death spiral of art imitating life imitating art.

Ridley's last decent film was Thelma & Louise back in 1991. Pretty much everything subsequent to that has been either poor, average or hyped. (Cue the vengeful cries of dismay from the Gladiator loving drones).

In terms of artistry he's past his sell-by date and has been past it for decades. In terms of commercial success he is of course still a winner today.
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
Gear maniac

I just saw Prometheus, very nice octopus. With vinegar, oregano, lemon and olive oil.
I spent my 12 euros to buy this DVD. What a mistake.
I forgot the music, is .................................... .
What a pity, why they dont send some money of the incomes to the orphan kids, to the amnesty or to Unisef.
23rd April 2014
Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen-da-sizer View Post
I can't imagine Ridley Scott using anyone else but Vangelis. Their cooperation goes back many many years.

But whatever they do, it is going to be very hard to meet the expectations. You can't beat perfect and Blade Runner is all the way up there!
Horses for courses.....I thought it was a dreary, awful "score." Would much have preferred almost anything...

Between the score and Harrison Ford trying to do narration, it just ruined the film for me. I did like the "OFFWORLD" blimp though. All archive drives are now called "OFFWORLD" around here now

TH
23rd April 2014
Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

I think he'll use Daniel Pemberton.

He score Scott's last film and Daniel is a huge Vangelis fan. He also owns a CS80!
24th April 2014
Old 24th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Horses for courses.....I thought it was a dreary, awful "score." Would much have preferred almost anything...

Between the score and Harrison Ford trying to do narration, it just ruined the film for me. I did like the "OFFWORLD" blimp though. All archive drives are now called "OFFWORLD" around here now

TH
Watching Blade Runner with narration???? Insanity.
24th April 2014
Old 24th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Watching Blade Runner with narration???? Insanity.
Yeah unfortunately there was no way to turn it off in the theater when it came out lol

TH
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search