Soundtrack Pro users?
Rowdy
2nd October 2007
Old 2nd October 2007
Gear Head

Soundtrack Pro users?

Hey guys and gals

I do most of my post in logic right now, but i really like creating the sound design in soundtrack. basically it give me audio suite style processing for all you pt users
long story short i decided to re do an old project in soundtrack to see if it would work out

so here's where i stumble:

the video i have been given starts on first frame. is there any way t move the video ahead. in logic you can adjust the movie start time

i need to add a 2 beep, it seems silly that a program for post would stop me from adding one

any suggestions?

thanks for reading!
2nd October 2007
Old 2nd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Hey guys and gals

I do most of my post in logic right now, but i really like creating the sound design in soundtrack. basically it give me audio suite style processing for all you pt users
long story short i decided to re do an old project in soundtrack to see if it would work out

so here's where i stumble:

the video i have been given starts on first frame. is there any way t move the video ahead. in logic you can adjust the movie start time

i need to add a 2 beep, it seems silly that a program for post would stop me from adding one

any suggestions?

thanks for reading!
Take it into FCP and add enough black with a flash frame two seconds before start (00:00:59:58). Soundtrack Pro has a long way to go...
3rd October 2007
Old 3rd October 2007
Lives for gear

an easier way would be to use quiktime pro, copy a piece of blank video and paste it at the beginning of the video you're working on. has to be the same format, frame size and frame rate and should include audio at the same specs too. then save as a quicktime movie and you can then import to soundtrack pro

the only thing i like about soundtrack pro is the sample editor
Rowdy
3rd October 2007
Old 3rd October 2007
Gear Head

thanks!

thanks for the replies

yeah i really like the sample editor. i really just like the way it's non destructive so i don;t have to worry about backing up all the ssfx. in logic and changes made in the sample editor are permanent (ie change the actual file ) :(

maybe they should add an option for add to beep when you bounce
11th October 2007
Old 11th October 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk@jamsync.com View Post
Soundtrack Pro has a long way to go...
As a PT user, I've got to say...LOOK OUT, Soundtrack Pro is coming up fast in your rear view mirror. I own both but, find myself leaning more and more towards STP!

STP is less than 2 years on the market (not including their first release which was never designed for post) and improving by leaps and bounds.
There are a number of things SUPERIOR to PT. 5.1 mixing, multi select ADR and the ability to monitor the dynamic change of a plug in, not just the output sound. Like Final Cut vs Avid, it is also much more intuitive, can open up any file directly and has a nicer looking visual editor.

It will never dominate PT, just like FC will never replace Avid, but it is directly suited for audio post only, were as PT does everything. It also costs next to nothing as it is 1 of 5 programs included in the Final Cut suite at less than the cost of PT or the most basic Avid.

Check out the latest version of STP here: The Apple Store (U.S.) - Final Cut Studio 2
12th October 2007
Old 12th October 2007
Gear addict

On paper Soundtrack Pro II is incredible. I was very impressed with the Demo I saw at NAB. The Demo was for 2 guys from Skywalker ranch, I just stood behind them listening in. They were very impressed and wanted Apple to come to the Ranch to show it to others.

After they left the booth, I spent aout 30 minutes with an Apple guy who was very sharp. He gave me a very thorough overview of the program.

I soon after bought a MAC for work just so I could integrate with our FCP guys. Well... soundtrack Pro is NOT ready for real world use yet. Granted I am new to the program, and new to MAC, but the program is very slow and instable. I have read on the Apple forum that it is loaded with major bugs.

Here is a list of why I am so attracted to it:
1. auto conform with FCP
2. spectral editor built in
3. AU support for 3rd party plugins
4. Multi-take editor could be a real time saver
5. Will work well with any video codec that FCP will work with.
6. FreeFilter type of EQ modeling plugin included
7. 5.1 and stereo audio files on the same track
8. 2 DVDs worth of free sound effects, many of which are 5.1.

The workflow is different than I am used to, but it might be better. It's also a very cool looking program, not that that matters.

If they can get it stable, they may make a Mac user out of me

But for now I am on PC with Vegas, Nuendo, and Wavelab.

~Jay
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search