New Reply
Subscribe
jeremy.c.
11th April 2012
Old 11th April 2012
Kills for gear

My music in new Speed Racer game for iOS

App Store - Speed Racer: The Beginning
I did the in game music for a new iOS game launched today for Speed Racer (including the remake of the theme song on the title menu). There are ten original songs in the game and I spun that into an album of original electro-rock, instrumental material now up on iTunes.
iTunes - Music - Black Hole Shadow by Olivia Neutron Bomb
I'm pretty excited, the game is only $.99, if you have an iPhone or iPad and are so inclined give it a try and rate it if you like it! Thanks!
11th April 2012
Old 11th April 2012
Lives for gear

congrats man. Your music do have a bit of that anime feel going on.
12th April 2012
Old 12th April 2012
Gear Head

Nice one!
jeremy.c.
15th June 2012
Old 15th June 2012
Kills for gear

16th June 2012
Old 16th June 2012
Lives for gear

Congrats! Downloading now!
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear Head

Very nice congrats
jeremy.c.
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Kills for gear

Thanks! I heard they passed 500,000 downloads a few months back. Of course no royalties, but at least half a million people have heard my original music!!!
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
Thanks! I heard they passed 500,000 downloads a few months back. Of course no royalties, but at least half a million people have heard my original music!!!
Way to go man!!! All Slutz should be proud
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
App Store - Speed Racer: The Beginning
I did the in game music for a new iOS game launched today for Speed Racer (including the remake of the theme song on the title menu). There are ten original songs in the game and I spun that into an album of original electro-rock, instrumental material now up on iTunes.
iTunes - Music - Black Hole Shadow by Olivia Neutron Bomb
I'm pretty excited, the game is only $.99, if you have an iPhone or iPad and are so inclined give it a try and rate it if you like it! Thanks!
Hey man, I was wondering how you were able to get into this position? Did you know people in the industry? Why don't you get any royalties?
Audio X
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
Audio X

Awesome!

Cheers, X
jeremy.c.
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
Kills for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio X View Post
Awesome!

Cheers, X
Love the avatar!
jeremy.c.
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
Kills for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Shnapper View Post
Hey man, I was wondering how you were able to get into this position? Did you know people in the industry? Why don't you get any royalties?
For the first two questions: I had done a lot of music with and for the guy who ended up running the game company. He knew my work from producing and recording his music. Not only that, he got to know my work ethic and knew I would deliver on time. This turns out to be an important concern.
I encourage people to be honest in their dealings, work at 100% and don't burn bridges. When I worked on his music he wasn't in any position to do this for me, but a few years later he popped up again and asked me to contribute. You never know where these things go. Luck = opportunity + preparation

The royalty question: I own the music exclusively. The company did a non-exclusive royalty free license with me. They only get to use it for this game (on any platform they develop it for) and only for (I think) five years. They don't have sync rights though, so any advertisements they do they have to pay me for.
The upshot to this is that I get to sell my music and license it elsewhere. I think the only thing beyond that I agreed to was if I sell the rights they get first option to buy from me, but I'm pretty sure anyone buying the exclusive rights to a composition wouldn't want to buy something already used in worldwide distribution.
The downside is that a non-exclusive, royalty free license doesn't pay a lot.

I have had a few other things go out here and there through a library. If you're getting established, the best way is to get your product up to snuff and get a library to put it out there for you. You make less (usually 50%), but it's a great exposure. Otherwise, working hard with good people can end up being it's own reward too!
4th January 2013
Old 4th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
For the first two questions: I had done a lot of music with and for the guy who ended up running the game company. He knew my work from producing and recording his music. Not only that, he got to know my work ethic and knew I would deliver on time. This turns out to be an important concern.
I encourage people to be honest in their dealings, work at 100% and don't burn bridges. When I worked on his music he wasn't in any position to do this for me, but a few years later he popped up again and asked me to contribute. You never know where these things go. Luck = opportunity + preparation

The royalty question: I own the music exclusively. The company did a non-exclusive royalty free license with me. They only get to use it for this game (on any platform they develop it for) and only for (I think) five years. They don't have sync rights though, so any advertisements they do they have to pay me for.
The upshot to this is that I get to sell my music and license it elsewhere. I think the only thing beyond that I agreed to was if I sell the rights they get first option to buy from me, but I'm pretty sure anyone buying the exclusive rights to a composition wouldn't want to buy something already used in worldwide distribution.
The downside is that a non-exclusive, royalty free license doesn't pay a lot.

I have had a few other things go out here and there through a library. If you're getting established, the best way is to get your product up to snuff and get a library to put it out there for you. You make less (usually 50%), but it's a great exposure. Otherwise, working hard with good people can end up being it's own reward too!
okay, cool., thanks for sharing
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search