Question about PT template
New Reply
Subscribe
City Beats
3rd January 2014
Old 3rd January 2014
Gear maniac

Question about PT template

So I just built a custom quick run of the mill mix template out of boredom, and when I was done I saved it into the system as a mix template... so whenever I start a new session I can choose that template no problems... but here's my question... without thinking, and out of a terribly bad habit of deleting things when I'm done with them rather than holding off ... I deleted my PT session I used to make the template. So now whenever I'm in another PT session I can't import session data because I've deleted the template session (I hope this is making sense to anyone out there lol)

BUT, seeing as how I can still open a brand new session and still choose that template I'm sure that it's been saved to my hard drive SOMEWHERE... I just don't know where. So where in the world would this have been stored (on Mac OS) so I can pull from this location whenever I need to import the template session data...

I hope I explained that well enough =/ lol

AutoTune is for posers!
3rd January 2014
Old 3rd January 2014
Lives for gear

If you did the PT option "save as template" from the file menu then it should show up here (assuming PT 9 is the same as PT 10 in this respect): Applications>Avid>Pro Tools>Session Templates>Custom (possibly)

Website - Genetically Modified Music

My Band - Ryst
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Why don't you just start a new session using the template, then immediately do a "save as" ?
City Beats
4th January 2014
Old 4th January 2014
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender412 View Post
Why don't you just start a new session using the template, then immediately do a "save as" ?
You're a genius! LOL! Ahhh why didn't I think of that? Thanks, buddy!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search