How to open Guitar Rig in Ableton..
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Head

How to open Guitar Rig in Ableton..

Not recognizing it as an effect.. are there issues w Ableton and Guitar Rig?
Old 11th September 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

No, there are no issues. You just double click it or drag and drop it onto a audio/midi track or in an empty space on a sequencer. Same as any instrument/effect plugin.

Are you sure you know what you're doing in Ableton? Ableton doesn't recognize 3rd party plugins as effects or instruments. They all fall under the same category under the "Plugin" section on the left and then in VST. You have to create folders on your computer within the VST folder and make one the FX and one Instruments and move the plugins accordingly if you want more organization. Ableton doesn't know what is what.
Old 11th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DispoReflecTriad View Post
Not recognizing it as an effect.. are there issues w Ableton and Guitar Rig?
None that I've heard of. Can you see the Guitar Rig dll in your assigned vst folder?
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Head

Hey when I open Ableton I dont see Guitar Rig in any folder.. I know its supposed to be in Audio Effects right? Not sure how I put it there.

thx!
Old 11th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Hey when I open Ableton I dont see Guitar Rig in any folder.. I know its supposed to be in Audio Effects right? Not sure how I put it there.

thx!
If your using Live 9 then Audio Effects refers to Lives own audio effects. Look in "Plug-ins" instead.
Old 11th September 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:

thx!
Dude are you blind? Did you not see my post above?
Old 12th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistikuffs View Post
If your using Live 9 then Audio Effects refers to Lives own audio effects. Look in "Plug-ins" instead.
Did that work?
Old 12th September 2013
Gear nut

ableton has a seperate folder for your third party vst plugins. usually you tell the app where that folder on your system is via preferences on first start up. but if you didn't change the default installation path, it recognizes them automatically on mac and windows i think.

the audio effects, midi effects and instruments folder and in live 9 the whole other browser tabs like sounds, samples etc. are just for live's own stuff and things you install as so called packs.

like fistikuffs said, you have to go to the plug-ins tab in live's browser. should it be not inside there, first do a rescan of your plugins.
you can do this via preferences, file/folder and nearly bottom there is a section where you manage your third party plugins and change path, make a new scan etc.

all the best
Old 12th September 2013
Gear Head

There was a "USE VST PLUG IN FOLDER" Option in preferences that was initially unchecked.

Once I checked it, it worked!

Thanks all!!!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search