Login / Register

Arturia/E-licenser: should HDD authorisations persist after restoring backup?
New Reply
Subscribe
iain_m
10th September 2013
Old 10th September 2013
Gear addict

Arturia/E-licenser: should HDD authorisations persist after restoring backup?

Hi all

I have a license for an Arturia virtual instrument, which I'd moved long ago from the USB e-licenser dongle to the "soft" e-licenser on the hard drive.

I recently had to re-image the system drive from a Windows backup (made long after the Arturia instrument was installed and licensed). Nothing else in the system changed.

However I then found that the Arturia license was missing.

Logging into the Arturia site, I was able to request a replacement authorisation code. Yet, because I did this once before (two years ago), the website displayed this message:

Quote:
You were already granted a replacement activation code, allowing you to download a new license for your virtual instrument. The license is the true value of your instrument, loosing [sic] it means loosing [sic] the usage of the instrument; therefore a special care should be taken towards this license.

This is the 2nd time you are requesting such a replacement license, it is likely that it is the last code we can reasonably release, so the USB-eLicenser solution is now highly recommended.
I think this is pretty damn rude, to be honest.

I took care not to lose (or indeed "loose") the license - it was reasonable of me to assume that restoring the hard drive image to the same hard drive in the same system would restore the license.

Has anyone else had experience of restoring a "soft" e-licenser license after restoring a HDD backup? Do Arturia really refuse to help if you ask more than twice?
10th September 2013
Old 10th September 2013
Gear maniac

you can backup it, location here : C/ProgramData (hidden folder)/Syncrosoft/
you gonna see your "SeLicenser" file here !
10th September 2013
Old 10th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Studio 87 View Post
you can backup it, location here : C/ProgramData (hidden folder)/Syncrosoft/
you gonna see your "SeLicenser" file here !
Thanks but this is what I don't understand: that location and its contents were included in the backup that I restored.

I'm wondering if the "soft" e-licenser is designed to break when restored from an image, to punish legitimate users....oops, sorry, I mean: to fight piracy.
10th September 2013
Old 10th September 2013
Gear maniac

did you try the repare function in elicenser control ?
iain_m
10th September 2013
Old 10th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Studio 87 View Post
did you try the repare function in elicenser control ?
There was no trace of any license shown in the control centre, so nothing to repair.

I think one of the Arturia guys is registered on GS so I might send him the link to this thread and ask if he could clarify their policy.
iain_m
28th September 2013
Old 28th September 2013
Gear addict

Bumping - I messaged Arturia's man on Gearslutz two weeks ago, but haven't heard anything in response.
iain_m
23rd November 2013
Old 23rd November 2013
Gear addict

Needless to say, I never heard anything from Arturia about this.
23rd November 2013
Old 23rd November 2013
Lives for gear

That's very very poor service and/or support.

Sorry to hear that Ian.

MC
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search