New Reply
Subscribe
bjornson
15th November 2003
Old 15th November 2003
Lives for gear

idisk file sharing

I followed all the instructions and my goofy little page loads along with my
"graphite file sharing folder" but I can't see the files via web. it's not a password issue. Do i have to pay my 100 bucks for this feature? sorry for the ignorant non gear related post but my FTP server is down and i need to distribute some files today.
15th November 2003
Old 15th November 2003
Mac Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to MCal27 Send a message via Yahoo to MCal27
So your not a .mac subscriber??? correct?
If so then of course it wont work.. its a .mac account feature.

Al.
15th November 2003
Old 15th November 2003
Lives for gear

sorry I didn't include that part did I! Apple gives you the "60 free day" deal w/purchase of a new box. The idisk works great from my desktop, but from the web no files show up in my public folder.
15th November 2003
Old 15th November 2003
Gear addict

Have you and your client download and use iDisk Utlity. Its free and for Mac and Windows XP. It should do the trick.

Here are apples instructions :
Quote:
here are instructions :
1. for windows
2. for mac
3. using the idisk utility program

of course he may not want to take the time to do it.

1. To open someone's Public folder using a PC

If you're using Windows XP, use iDisk Utility for Windows XP to open someone's Public folder. To download iDisk Utility for Windows XP, go to www.mac.com, and click .Mac Downloads.

If you're using Windows 2000, open My Computer, choose Map Network Drive from the Tools menu, then click "Web folder or FTP site." Enter the following as the location to add: http://idisk.mac.com/membername-Public? (where "membername" is the other person's .Mac member name).

If you're using Windows 98, open My Computer, double-click the Web Folders icon, then double-click Add Web Folder. Enter the following as the location to add: http://idisk.mac.com/membername-Public? (where "membername" is the other person's .Mac member name).

2. To open someone's Public folder using a Mac

If you're using Mac OS X version 10.3 or later, choose iDisk from the Go menu, and then choose Other User's Public Folder from the submenu. Type the member name of the person whose Public folder you want to open in the Member Name field, and then click Connect. If a password is required, type it in the Password field and click OK. The person's Public folder opens on your desktop.

If you're using Mac OS X version 10.1 or 10.2, choose Connect To Server from the Finder's Go menu and type http://idisk.mac.com/membername-Public (where "membername" is the person's .Mac member name). If the Public folder is protected with a password, type "public" in the username field and type the Public folder password in the password field.

If you're using Mac OS 9, choose Chooser from the Apple menu, and then click AppleShare. Click the Server IP Address button, type "idisk.mac.com" in the Server Address field, then click Connect. Type the other user's member name and the user's Public folder password, then click Connect. If the user doesn't have a Public folder password, type "public" in the Password field. Select the user's iDisk and click OK.

3. Using iDisk Utility
If you're using a version of Mac OS X earlier than version 10.3, you can use iDisk Utility to greatly enhance your iDisk usability. iDisk Utility lets you quickly connect to the Public folders of other .Mac members; set password protection and allow other people to put files in your Public folder; easily access your iDisk and the iDisks of other members; and conveniently view and increase available iDisk storage.

If you're using Mac OS X, you can download and use iDisk Utility as part of your .Mac membership. For information about becoming a .Mac member, see "Becoming a .Mac member" in .Mac Help.

To download iDisk Utility, go to www.mac.com and click .Mac Downloads.

iDisk Utility is installed in the Utilities folder (within Applications).

For more information about using iDisk Utility, see iDisk Utility Help, available in the Help menu when iDisk Utility is open.

If you're using Windows XP, you can use iDisk Utility for Windows XP to open your iDisk and connect to someone's Public folder. To download iDisk Utility for Windows XP, go to www.mac.com and click .Mac Downloads.
Clickpop Records
clickpop web page
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search