New Reply
Subscribe
Reiner
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Gear maniac

Merge UAD-systems to use all plugins?

hey.

i got a question and i hope someone could give me an answer, befor the uad support writes back, so i can use the plugins this weekend at home.

i own a satelite quad which i use in the studi and as well at home on a mac mini to prepare sessions or do some changes etc.
now i bought another quad with the full plugin bundle, but PCIe-version.
is there a possibility to use all the plugins on the satelite as well?
and what do i have to do to make it work?

in the control center at the ua-page they are shown as two systems, but i want to compare them, so that i can use the plugins at home with the satelite as well, caus that's the only way it makes sense for me. is there a way?

best regards
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Lives for gear

I was under the impression that the plugins are linked to your account. So as long as your unit is registered and sync'ed, your plugins should share between the two and be spread out evenly for processing. And if you had one installed to Computer A and one installed to Computer B, they wouldn't pose as problem.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Gear maniac

I thought it would work exactly that way.

But they are called System 1 & 2 in my account and new authorization files doesn't work to use tha plugins on the satelite (the are shown in my account unter "system 2"). even if i download the authorizationfile of the new card, the system 2, it doesn't affect the plugins i'm alowwed to use on the satelite system.

that's weird. :(
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Lives for gear

Man that's weird.... i'd reach out to UA cust service
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Lives for gear

You need to transfer one card onto the other system. You can have up to 4 UAD2 and four UAD1 cards on each system. UA customer service will sort you out if you can't do it yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9300
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Gear addict

It appears you have the UAD devices registered into separate hardware groups.
In order to share UAD plug-in licenses between UAD devices they need to be in the same group. Only a UA tech support person can change a grouping after the fact. FYI, you can have up to (4) UAD-2 devices in a hardware group sharing the same plug-in licenses. FWIW, I had a similar issue several years ago. A quick call to UA tech support (the most expedient way) and they took care of it in about 5 minutes. I downloaded and applied a fresh authorization file and I was good to go. I have an Apollo QUAD, UAD-2 QUAD PCIe and a UAD-2 SOLO PCIe in the same hardware group sharing all my plug-in licenses.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

I am on the road to sonic nirvana
REAPER.....your DAW on a keychain! Don't leave home without it!
21st June 2013
Old 21st June 2013
Lives for gear

If you aggregate your UAD2 PCIE and Satellite you'll only be able to use both units on the computer that has the PCIE card.
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phas3d View Post
If you aggregate your UAD2 PCIE and Satellite you'll only be able to use both units on the computer that has the PCIE card.
I am not sure what you mean by that. Can you explain?

Cheers,

Billy Buck
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear Head

Put them all an your satellite so its mobile and when you plug it into the computer with the PCIe card all plugins will be available for both.
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
hey.
i own a satelite quad which i use in the studi and as well at home on a mac mini to prepare sessions or do some changes etc.
now i bought another quad with the full plugin bundle, but PCIe-version.
is there a possibility to use all the plugins on the satelite as well?
and what do i have to do to make it work?

Yes, of course. You only need to make sure to register the new card into the same hardware group as the Satellite. Once registered download and apply a new fresh authorization file. Bingo, all of your registered UAD plug-ins will be shared by both cards. Contact UA tech support (calling is preferable) and have them help you through it, if there is an issue.

Last year I had (2) UAD-2 cards (QUAD & SOLO) registered in hardware "Group 1". I subsequently registered a new Apollo into the same group and all of my licensed plugins are fully enabled on all of my registered UAD devices. I even use my Apollo on both my PC DAW (where the UAD-2 PCIe cards reside) and Mac Mini. I can use all of my licensed plug-ins on both computers.

FYI, UAD plug-in authorization protection is tied to each individual UAD device and not to any particular computer component. You can take your PCIe card and install it on another computer (with UAD software pre-installed installed of course) and apply your last downloaded authorization file and use all of your licensed plug-ins. Even add the Satellite for more DSP if you want too.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Buck View Post
I am not sure what you mean by that. Can you explain?

Cheers,

Billy Buck
I had a UAD1 in a old G4 and when I transferred the plug-ins to the UAD2 I got for my Mac Pro I lost those plug-ins for the G4.

Edit: It looks like this only happens between UAD1 and UAD2 cards. Between UAD2 cards alone it seems to work in a different way. Go figure.
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Lives for gear

ya I'd say just call them during business hours or whatevs

I had a voucher for a free lex, studer & neve plug-in with my Apollo quad but was on the other side of the country when it was going to expire.

so I just called them and they sorted my issue in 2.2 over the phone

they have easily the best customer service I've ever had altho there have been a couple very close seconds
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phas3d View Post
I had a UAD1 in a old G4 and when I transferred the plug-ins to the UAD2 I got for my Mac Pro I lost those plug-ins for the G4.

Edit: It looks like this only happens between UAD1 and UAD2 cards. Between UAD2 cards alone it seems to work in a different way. Go figure.
Which plugins? There are a few only for UAD1 like Nigel and maybe a few others.

I'm 99% confident you can use UAD2 and UAD1 harmoniously together, and I don't see why Satellite and PCI version would be any different.

Reach out to customer service. They can probably fix it with the swipe of a mouse.
28th June 2013
Old 28th June 2013
Lives for gear

Not with UAD1 and UAD2. Once you transfer the plug-ins to the UAD2 and since I can't use them both on the same Mac the UAD1 became useless.

From UA webpage:
"Q: If I transfer my UAD-1 plugs to UAD-2, can I use UAD-1 on one system and UAD-2 on another?
A: No, as this is a violation of the software end user license agreement. Your UAD-1 licenses can be transferred to the UAD-2 and can still be used on the UAD-1 as long as they are installed in the same system. Note: There is one exception. If you have a UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop, existing licenses from one desktop system can be linked to the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop so they share licenses. The link option is presented during initial UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop registration."
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search